[RELEASE] cast-web v1.2.1 - Chromecast Integration (EDGE Driver discussion begins in post 1668)

I am also having problem with the swedish language (words containing åäö). I have following settings in the google home speaker:

• Use Google’s TTS voice = YES
  • Google TTS language = sv-SE

I sending words containing åäö to from webCore, I only get nothing. If I remove the åäö, then I get words (doesn’t sound right in swedish…).
Any news?

A lot of us haven’t been able to get Google’s TTS to work in ages. You will probably have to disable that. I think most of us have.

I spoke too soon. I’m getting crashes on speaker groups with large number of speakers (12, 13+) and I get crashes sometimes on subsequent, rapid fire requests. I’ll try and post some logs to an issue or two on github.

1 Like

Hello. I installed everything and made the nodejs run in http://192.168.86.26:3000/ in my windows machine. But my app is not discovering any device for past 30 mins. I am getting below log,

7818d17e-b7e0-4a05-ac93-aa5f07f51efe 5:23:44 PM: debug devices: [:]
7818d17e-b7e0-4a05-ac93-aa5f07f51efe 5:23:44 PM: debug JSON rcvd: , JSON.size: 0
7818d17e-b7e0-4a05-ac93-aa5f07f51efe 5:23:44 PM: debug Parsing ‘index:85, mac:CCAF784AEFA7, ip:C0A8561A, port:0BB8, requestId:8ca4274b-2329-4de9-abea-488dc4fc6766, callback:true, headers:SFRUUC8xLjEgMjAwIE9LDQpDb250ZW50LVR5cGU6IGFwcGxpY2F0aW9uL2pzb247IGNoYXJzZXQ9dXRmLTgNCkRhdGU6IFN1biwgMDMgTWFyIDIwMTkgMjI6MjM6NDQgR01UDQpDb25uZWN0aW9uOiBrZWVwLWFsaXZlDQpDb250ZW50LUxlbmd0aDogMg==, body:W10=’

Can anyone suggest me the solution?

Working now. However, I don’t have anything called music player 2. What is music player 2 supposed to do?

Is the nodejs running on Windows Server? There is an issue on github that devices don’t detect if firewall is turned on. @vervallsweg is looking into it. You can try turning off firewall.

In your screenshot you chose “music player 2” so I was just making sure that this device you choose was actually created by cast-web-api.

1 Like

I got all my devices showing beautifully but I can’t figure out how to configure presets or get sounds to play. Where can I find Big Talker, for example?

1 Like

Presets, there should be a link in the service manager > select your device > edit preset.

Strange, I’ve tried to make a few changes but no audio comes through the GH devices even though the devices are recognized. I also tried playing audio directly on my GH and it was not apparent on the ST classic app that it was streaming. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

When playing what? Notification, preset?

Yes in your ST app, go to the device called cast-web-api, hit the refresh button. Now try playing audio on your gh again, it should show up.
If it doesn’t, in your browser open api-ip-address/device and post the output here.

Hey everybody,

cast-web version 1.1.0 is here! This is a big release it puts an emphasis on stability and adds a lot of requested features. The most notable being Google Assistant integration. You can now finally broadcast messages without your music stopping.

Update instructions are on the project website: https://vervallsweg.github.io/cast-web/updating/

There are is a pretty big permissions problem with the Google Assistant dependency, thus it is optional. The FAQ has been updated with more info.

Let me know of any problems, what you think and have fun with version 1.1.0! :slightly_smiling_face:

PS: I cannot update this threads title or first post any more. If you have any idea how to change it let me know.

3 Likes

Already updated!

1 Like

Very, very awesome news! Thank you for your continued work, Tobias. Very much looking forward to updating and playing around! Hoping to see some good discussion on the new features and new ways to use the system!

1 Like

Impressive project.

I’m using ASSISTANT RELAY 2.0 so far and google is adding “Broadcast from XXXX” for each message. It was fine in the beginning but I’m tired of hearing it.

Do you guys get the same greeting message with case-web also?

I get “Incoming Broadcast, it says…”
Or else Casting a speak command there’s just the cast beep at the beginning.

1 Like

Yes sadly. You can maybe change the name, but rest will stay.

This project uses google cast, basically like your cast button in spotify/etc. on your phone. So you can also cast tts messages. But this will stop everything thats currently playing. If you were casting spotify and the tts messages was casted from the api. The api will kill spotify, will play the tts and then do nothing.

1 Like

Hey Tobias

Great news man. Thank you for all your work. I am a user of ur cast-web from over an year and I did send u my feedback on some of the issues of the node.js cast-web-api crashing and u did respond to me that the underlying module is crap and that u r gonna rewrite it.

Is the same issue exist in this new version? Also is the new version uses broadcast feature instead of casting? Can this new version work with BigTalker2 for announcements of events?

Also can we use GOogle Home now as a siren or strobe along with announcements?

Thanks

1 Like

@vervallsweg I have updated the cast-web-api using ur update procedure and smartapp too. After I click on the setup google Assistant it takes me to a webpage running in my node.js listing the steps. But it is not at all clear and I am stuck on getting this done. Any help in this would be great.

1. I clicked on the follow this guide
  2. It takes me to google api home page and create a project
  3. After creating the project click on the device registration
  4. Keep that window open and continue to the next step
  5. You have to enable assistant api…
  6. Click credentials and the second tab just enter the name to display to users and save
  7. Choose other as project type and create client is and secret
  8. Copy this info and paste it in on the webpage on my node js
  9. I couldn’t get the authorize button enabled it’s greyed out
  10. Also I don’t know where to get the auth code to paste it in 3rd field on the webpage on my node js

Not sure whether I missed anything and if I did it right. The instructions are so cumbersome.

Also is the google assistant integration required for the cast-web to work properly? I am using bigtalker2 to announce events to my GH which as used as music player mode. But as discussed the resume doesn’t work and the earlier event doesn’t continue after the announcement.

I also want to use GH as siren chirp and strobe manner. Anyway we can have this capability implanted for all the vast web devices?

Has anybody managed to get the 1.1.0 version with Google Assistant running on an Android using Node.js?