[OBSOLETE] Jasco/GE Z-Wave Plus On/Off Switch (14291) With Double-Tap and Associations

I posted on the other topic for the related dimmer switch about an issue with this switch’s DTH not being compatible with the new smartlighting app. [BETA] GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Switch With Double-Tap Mainly, the existing DTH for this on/off switch could not be used in its current form to access the buttons in the new smartapp for double tap (button 1 up and button 2 down). I sent a PR to the original developer to update the DTH, and he has already accepted it and code was updated for the dimmer switch which has given it the ability to work in the new smart smarthings app and smartlighting smartapp.

However, as noted above, there are multiple versions of this switch by Jasco. I personally have one of each. The updated code here https://github.com/nuttytree/Nutty-SmartThings/pull/11 works for the older switch - 14291. The code does work for the new switch 14318/46562 (why does Jasco use multiple model numbers!), but only a single button is exposed for automations. As noted above, Gobio attempted to update code to expose buttons, but that code has resulted in a lot of bugs for me with when I tried to use it, including causing incorrect status updates and also doesn’t work in the new smart lighting app.

These switches are definitely driving me crazy. I’ll see if I can do anything to get double (and possibly triple?) tap working on the newer version of this switch in the new Smarthings app and keep thread updated with a possible new DTH. For now, you can get the code that works for older versions of this switch from the link above until the pull request is merged.

2 Likes