[RELEASE CANDIDATE] CoRE (Community's own Rule Engine)

core
smartapp_misc

( I ❤︎ ST (Star Trek??!)) #1

UPDATE DEC 19 2017:

If you are still using CoRE, please update to the latest version as soon as you can. Here’s what changed:

v0.3.16e.20171219 - RC - Replaced recovery safety nets using unschedule() with a much more optimized method that does not affect ST as much as unschedule() does

This is important as CoRE has been identified as a major choke point on a certain method that it uses (ST describes that as expensive in their documentation. As it turns out, it is. With ST’s help, CoRE is now able to recover from timeouts much faster and with a lot less resources than by using its own recovery safety net. You should also consider moving on to webCoRE instead, as CoRE is no longer actively maintained and only gets critical updates.

Thank you

Continuing in the BETA process of CoRE (milestone 1 topic here and milestone 2 topic here), we’ve now moved to RELEASE CANDIDATE. This is the last step before a full release and it’s going to focus on taking CoRE through the publishing process, making all necessary changes to make it compliant with SmartThings’s requirements. While necessary additions will occur here and there, adding features is NOT the main focus of this RC stage.

WARNING: As mentioned before, this SmartApp is in a BETA development stage and may be quirky. It may also change rapidly and drastically, involving a full reset of the app in order to upgrade.

It is not recommend to install this SmartApp in a “production” environment, but we encourage people to try it out.

Official wiki is here. It’s still a work in progress, but it’s a good starting point.

IMPORTANT: This topic addresses bugs and errors encountered while using CoRE. If you need general assistance with setting up a piston, please do so at CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

IMPORTANT: When posting a possible bug/error - please post the version of your CoRE, a picture of your piston and any logs if available. When confirmed as a bug, a new issue should be created in github to ensure it gets tracked down and resolved. It is recommended that you always run the latest version of CoRE to ensure that the bug you may be experiencing hasn’t already been fixed.

The SmartApp can be installed via GitHub integration into your IDE or can be found here

To install the SmartApp using GitHub integration, go to your IDE, go to SmartApps, tap on Settings and Add new repository with ady624 / CoRE / master in the three fields. Then use the Update from Repo button. Make sure you either tick the Publish option while updating from the repository, or publish the app after each update.

NOTE: It is not required, nor necessary to donate to use this SmartApp. This is a free open source software and it is my way to pay my dues to those before me. But if you feel like it, you can donate here.

Thank you

[OBSOLETE: [BETA MILESTONE 2] CoRE (Community's own Rules Engine)
Door Open Alert - does this exist?
Anyone having CoRe Pistons failing?
New user struggling with automating switch with presense
I need help setting up a anon multisensor v6 to turn on and off a dehumidifier
Rule Machine app installation availability
Flash lights?
Error trying to view "My Device Handlers" in Web IDE
Sonos Party Switch
Dim Hue Bulb when turned on at night
Rountines - One routine turns lights on and off?
Disarm SHM when Door Unlocks?
Is there any way to check if a smartthings outlet is on or off?
How to override motion?
Christmas 2016 smart home products
Multi Water Valves and Multi Moisture sensor
Notify me when switch on for X minutes?
[RELEASE][UPDATED] LIFX Group of Groups
How to turn on a switch based on humidity and temperature
Colour Temperature setting in routines
[RELEASE] HomeSeer Dimmer and Switch (HS-WD100+ / HS-WS100+) Device Handlers
[OBSOLETE: [BETA MILESTONE 2] CoRE (Community's own Rules Engine)
Switch turn off every hour for 1 minute?
Additional/missing automation options
Use smarthing to turn on camera recording through http request
Is there a neutral door status so a routine open/close option will always fire?
Calling a URL when Switch is Turned on?
Beep Smart Things Arrival Sensor from Amazon Echo?
Can I have a routine trigger another routine?
Can SmartThings make a color loop with Philips Hue bulbs?
Activate siren if switch/light left on for X minutes
Change bulb dimmer levels throughout the day?
Help setting up routines
Smart app to set maximum or minimum level on lights
Modify Ramp Rate on GE (Jasco) Dimmers
Separate Dimmer Levels for Different Devices in Automation Routine
How do I schedule two sets of lights independently?
Multiple switch on/off with smartthings & ifttt
Just a particular thermostat based on the presence of a particular user?
Notify When Mode Change? Or Routine is made?
Run Routine when Dismissing SHM Alarm?
Smartthing Dashboard
Changing mode manually by virtual device
Custom Door Chime App
Next project, Geo arm/disarm and light?
Virtual Thermostat explanation
New to SmartThings, Routine question about Bose
For hire, need a mode changing app
Routine Hours Filter
Create pulsating 'sleep mode' outdoor lighting (like the Macbook light)?
Where do i start?
Looking for an app to change bulb color between red and green every few seconds
Bulbs not turning off
Alarm.com 2Gig / Alexa Update Possibility?
Home Activity Simulator (Make it look like i'm home App)
Event notification lamp
Text when Mode change or routine run?
Presence sensor status not event based (on arrival)?
Getting started with Core (for Dummies)
Brighten light with motion then dim after motion stops
Another laundry monitor question
[REMOVED] Nest Manager 4.0
Is it possible to delay garage overhead door sensor and garage/house man door from setting off alarm?
Lights on 20% at dusk, 100% doorbell for 5 mins, back to 20% off midnight
Core Piston not working after reinstall
Flic button
IDE showing CoRE but not smartapps
Smartthings Rules, Triggers, Conditions
Notify me when
Change Color With Time (SmartApp Request)
SmartApp bounty? Can/will you write code for others?
Lock door if is closed and mode is not party?
FAQ Routine, routines: How do you use them?
[Release] Updated Open Source Ecobee Device Type and SmartApps
Question about routine triggers
[RELEASE] Aeon Labs Multifunction Siren
Need help with a Motion Senson SmartApp
Lightify Gardenspot sale $27
[RELEASE] - Hive (Connect) V2.6 (British Gas Hive)
[Release] Fibaro Wall Plug (Old version, not zwave+)
[SUSPENDED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications
New user struggling with automating switch with presense
2 doors open (not 1) triggers immediate Echo/Google voice warning?
Osram/Sylvania Lightify (it works)
Hello, Home HomeKit (and Siri!) control via homebridge
Smoke Detector/Switch
Connect door sensor to socket?
How to Use HVAC Thermostat FAN MODE as Trigger in Automations?
[DEPRECATED] - Universal ZigBee Lock DTH with Lock Codes
GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener--close at sunset?
Schlage FE599--some questions
[RELEASE] Lock Manager
Whole house fan smart app help please
Power Cycle Connected Device
Problem with False Alarms
[RELEASE] Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD-212) - Advanced DTH (V2)
Newbie questions... any help appreciated for conditional programming
Recurring Schedule
[RELEASE] Ultimate Mode Based Thermostat - Control Multiple Thermostats Temperature / Remote Temperature Sensors when Changing Modes
Robust Software/App
Voice Notifications (Simple Integration)
Heating Control for Newbie
New to home automation, recommendations on devices/approach for monitoring vacation property
Improved UI for Aeon Minimote
Entry delay for Intrusion alert
Armed Away
Set Limit on Thermostat for Vacation Rental Property
Samsung Smart Outlet - know when an appliance is plugged in

damn does that mean no more feature requests??? RC's are usually feature complete :grin:

keep up the good work Ady!!

( I ❤︎ ST (Star Trek??!)) #3

We'll always add features, as needed. But I think we're pretty done with the features at this point, anything pending?

just kidding mate - just sent another crate your way for all the effort!!

need to get back to testing the dim to on and off procedures but find me some time to doing so :slight_smile:

For Action Restrictions, isn't the "Cancel execution on condition state change" option pending? :wink:

(Bobby) #7

I remember a guy who popped his head out of nowhere on the Rule Machine thread and he was bragging that he can do better. Like many, I really underestimated his capabilities:

Adrian, you are a scholar, you did it! Thank you for all your work and countless hours you put in designing this! You did an awesome job.

Congratulations!

( I ❤︎ ST (Star Trek??!)) #8

I thought that was done, but there was a bug in v0.2.14d or so...?

The fix (v0.2.150) was for "Only execute on condition state change" :slight_smile:

( I ❤︎ ST (Star Trek??!)) #10

THANK YOU - cheers :smiley:

You are welcome mate buy another device and create a good device handler for it or just drink it :slight_smile:

(Marc) #12

Pushbullet integration?

@ady624 are we able to detect which unlock code was used on a smart lock?

(Bobby) #14

Yeah @ady624 now that the basic things have settled, can you add this to your list. The stock DH gives out which code was used, not the numbers, but at least the code # would be super helpful to use in CoRE (maybe as variable?)

(El Zurdo) #15

This is great. Setting up some pistons.

Quick question: after creating a couple of pistons and leaving the CoRE interface, I can't get back to the "main" CoRE screen (where it shows you your pistons list and you can choose to make more). Instead, selecting CoRE from the My SmartApps menu takes me straight to the details of one of my pistons. Going "back" from the piston skips the main screen and goes all the way out to My SmartApps menu again. Is there a way to get to the main screen that I'm not seeing? Or is this a bug?

AND THANK YOU FOR THE APP

( I ❤︎ ST (Star Trek??!)) #16

Access CoRE fromthe Automations tab, not the Marketplace...

( I ❤︎ ST (Star Trek??!)) #17

Is that code present anywhere in the event? Data parameter?

(El Zurdo) #18

Duh. Perfect. Thanks!

(El Zurdo) #19

I am currently running "User Lock Manager" to set/enable lock codes. From those, I can trigger virtual switches/routines (unlock, disarm, panic mode, etc).

The User Lock Manager code for the SmartApp and Handler is available in github, and probably shows where the codes are coming from and how to manage them (in the event, state, or otherwise).

yup it should be "usedCode" and the position of the code (1st code, 2nd code etc...) is what it should be. Is this what you are looking for? here is an example from the logs

"zw device: 09, command: XXX, payload:XXXXX " parsed to ['name':'lock', 'value':'unlocked', 'descriptionText':Front Door Lock was unlocked with code 1, 'data':['usedCode':1, 'type':'keypad'], 'isStateChange':true, 'displayed':true, 'linkText':'Front Door Lock']

( I ❤︎ ST (Star Trek??!)) #21

Yep,just tested on my Kwikset, data: { "usedCode" : 1 }

Will implement it.