[RELEASE CANDIDATE] CoRE (Community's own Rule Engine)

If you are using a runIn at every execution to reschedule the next run, then no, the chain breaks there, unless you managed to reschedule the next run before timing out, or using that recovery handler to reschedule. If you use a cron schedule then the next run will happen regardless of any timeouts.

1 Like

I have set up a virtual switch which controls 2 devices which are discrete On and Discrete off for an x10 light switch. i am trying to use the virtual switch to combine the two discrete on and discrete off switch to become 1 switch.
I created a virtual switch (using Alexa Virtual Switch Creator) called Theater Light Virtual.

I created 2 Core pistons:

The first is Theater On:
If Theater Light Virtual changes to On, Then Turn on Theater Light On.

Second one is Theater Off:
If Theater Light Virtual changes to off, then Turn on Theater Light Off.

Well it works, but only the first time (or depends on the original state of Theater Light On and Theater Light Off).

If Theater Light On is already on for some reason, and I try to turn Theater Light Virtual on, it won’t work. Same thing goes if Theater Light Off is on and I try to turn Theater Light Virtual off, it won’t work.

I also tried instead of turning on Theater Light On to toggle and still didn’t work.

i think my problem is that these are not 2 way devices so ST doesn’t know if the light is already on or off.

How do i change the if then to something like:
If Theater Light virtual has been pressed (whether it is the on or off button) and the state is On,
then Turn on Theater Light On.
If Theater Light virtual has been pressed (whether it is the on or off button) and the state is Off,
then Turn on Theater Light Off.
Would webcore be able to do this instead? Still not sure when to use core vs webcore.

How do I add CoRE to my SmartThings system? I tried adding Github integration, but I have no idea where to go after forking SmartThingsPublic to my account. Trying to work on SmartThings stuff is such a pain, and I write code for a living!

All I want is to have a fan come on in my place when the thermostat says it is above a set temperature, but I can’t find anything that works for that. There is Virtual Thermostat, but so far that doesn’t work at all.

I would recommend webcore…

2 Likes

not happening, can’t uninstall.