[RELEASE CANDIDATE] CoRE (Community's own Rule Engine)

See if you can delete it from the IDE.
My Locations > Smartapps > Click Edit under the location banner > Search for the unnamed piston and click Uninstall.

Not sure what the error message points to, it looks like it relates to routines by looking at the line number.

I can delete the unnamed. Now I am left with just CoRE (dev) on the Installed Apps IDE.

Update
Iphone Smartthings app will create piston with no name and is not editable.
Android throws red Unauthorized banner on screen. Both generate a new “child coRE” in Live
Logging and same error "error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘id’ on null object @ line 10797"
I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times/days. Smartthings support says there is nothing on their end that could be causing this. App worked previously for several months.

New Logo proposal was moved to the CoRE (SE) thread.

Thanks Craig, you may want to post this in the CoRE (SE) thread though… we can use it for the new version :slight_smile:

Im trying to use the Netatmo rain module with Core.

I can find it and select the attribute I want to use, but Core seems to only read the first number.

Here is an example:

If the “rainsumday” attribute is 2, setting value greater than 1 will give “true”, greater than 3 will give “false”
But if you set value greater than 10, 100, 1000 etc it will also give “true”

Anyone got this working? @ady624 any ideas?

I’m just getting into CoRE and have probably a pretty basic question. I am trying to trigger a refresh of a temperature sensor every minute while the heat is on. I get how to trigger the refresh with heat on once, but cannot figure how to get it keep doing it while the heat is still on. I am using CoRE to refresh my Weather Tile so I know how to set that part up, its just the combination of the to where the logic is eluding me. Its probably so obvious I can’t see it.

You can create a piston the uses your thermostat heating status as a condition. Something like this…

Assuming you named your piston: Temp Refresh Piston

IF
Thermostart status is heating
Using TempSensor...
 > Refresh command (cancel on piston state change)
 > Followup Temp Refresh Piston in 1 minute

That’s the ticket! Thank you!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered multiple times.

I’ve got a switch which triggers my Nest in and out of Away and Eco mode, great.
I’ve then got a CoRe Piston that triggers the switch based on the Nest state.

The problem is that when Nest triggers the switch, it then triggers Nest. I tried putting a 2nd condition on the Nest mode, but didn’t work.

I tried changing the Interaction to Physical thinking that would be if i manually changed the virtual switch in the app, but turns out that’s programmatic.
I’ve now set the rule to Programmatic only and the CoRe rules now change the state using onPhysical() and offPhysical() it works, but is pretty messy.

What’s the best way of resolving this?

Ok I’ve found a CoRE bug Mr @ady624, I have a piston for watering the garden at night, that has been paused for a week, that was still sending me SMS alerts, and I’ve only just realised today that it was paused, looking at the grass, the SMS’s fooled me. A paused piston should also stop SMS alerts no?

A snapshot of it would be nice, could figure out more… Is it paused or using restrictions?

Here is the piston, it was fully paused for at least a week, now it’s active since an hour ago. And the SMS’s actually come from the Notify Me When app, when the water is triggered, AND when the water stops, that have still been coming through even though no water has been triggered and the lawn is bone dry, we may be in time to save the grass though before you think you may be receiving the gardeners bill :wink:

what makes you think the piston executed those commands? And why would you receive notifications if commands were not executed? and if they were executed, why was there no water? Are you sure the piston is in on all this? Nothing else controlling/triggering that notification?

Ok I take back everything I said, the SMS times are so close to the piston it confused me, i.e. 0104, 0203 etc So it appears a stray cat is triggering the motion sensor and thus the irrigation to coincide with the piston. CoRE is perfect!!

hi there…
Is there a way to open android apps, ou executy an app activity?

I use chromecast audio for multiroom, i can’t seem to find a way to open the Google Play Music within smartthings…
I have a dashboard and just wanted at least to open the app, and then the music app can handle where to play the music…
I thought of creating a simulated switch that when it’s pressed the Music app / App activity is run…

Does it make sense?

What’s the dashboard that you’re using? I’m not 100% sure what you’re trying to do, but you might want to look into using the Android app Tasker. You can integrate Tasker with SmartThings using yet another app called SharpTools.

1 Like

In the moment action tiles…
I just wanna use music thought Google play music. I have several Chromecast audio around the house.
I tried shortcuts in action tiles but with no success. So I was trying to have a simulated button that just opens an app, in this case play music

Does anyone know why the WOL command stopped working?

I can’t get my computer to turn on anymore.

Does anyone know if global variables work across different instances of CoRE? Or do I need to keep my pistons grouped by variable? I only have one piston this affects, just trying to figure out if I can stick it in a different instance to get everything grouped the way I want it to be. Thanks!

CoRE was never designed to run multiple instances, you got it to run by modifying a field in its app definition. That alone should answer the question, sorry, no cross-instance global variable support.