[RELEASE CANDIDATE] CoRE (Community's own Rule Engine)

I used github

Is there a way the community can help you with this? Stinks if you’re stuck with it yourself and we’re all enjoying using it. CoRE has been an amazing and makes ST worth it, otherwise I’d be looking at other solutions.

All the html/js/css is located on a server I rent from godaddy and uses a free letsencrypt SSL certificate. I will move all that to github and use rawgit as a CDN for it when I have time. Much harder to develop on github…

Is letsencrypt unable to autorenew on Godaddy? … It’s been forever since I’ve used Godaddy… and quite a while since I tinkered with LE

Thank you for the help! If anyone has the same issue {null pointer exception in the date/ time calculation in core) make sure you have set your hub location in the app.

I know pretty much done with features but is there anyway of doing this…

I believe I’ve found a minor bug. When selecting multiple motion sensors (may do this for other trigger types too), a field pops up: “Evaluation Mode”, where you choose “Any” or “All”. Regardless of what you select, the trigger description will show “Any”. (I’m trying to set it for “All”).

Scott

Hi Scott,
Are you doing this for a condition (white circle) or a trigger (black circle)?

If it is a trigger then it would not make sense to have “All”. Can you set it to Motion sensor “is” (rather than for example “changes to”) and then set to “Any”?

And there, perhaps, is my misunderstanding. I didn’t realize there was a difference; I’ve got them set to triggers (“stays”). Specifically, I want the condition to be that all three motion sensors stay inactive for five minutes. How do I do that?

Scott

Host Pinger is a solution offered not only for presence via wifi but also to keep your IP connected devices in sync with virtual switches.

@ady624 - I am back to getting timeouts when rebuilding pistons.

5e24b271-c11a-42a1-a040-472dd12d7f05  10:14:44 AM: error java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Execution time exceeded 20 app execution seconds: 155930007699636 @ line 10810
5e24b271-c11a-42a1-a040-472dd12d7f05  10:11:35 AM: error java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Execution time exceeded 20 app execution seconds: 157440828754893 @ line 10810

I’ve disabled lifx integration, no change. Latest version. iOS and Android.

def version() { return "v0.3.167.20161206" }

I thought I’d just throw this out there… I’m loving the LIFX scene integration. The only issue with activating a LIFX scene through core is that I have to add to the piston a first wait, then refresh command 10 seconds after activating a scene because the LIFX bulbs will never show as on in the st app until a refresh is done.

I have one minimote in my living room dedicated to activating LIFX scenes. Lovin it. !

If I installed this manually, and now want to switch over to Github integration, how do I do that? Do I have to blow away all my pistons, uninstall, then re-install using GH?

Just setup the git repository, then do the update, only changes the code if it’s outdated, doesn’t affect pistons or anything.

Im not sure how long youve been using Core…Im brand new to it. I noticed that all these changes take a second to take place. If you try to press done right after changing it, nothing changes. you need to change it, wait 2 seconds for it to update, and then press done. I was surprised by this behaviour but it works now that I know.

Yeah, I’ve noticed that too. In my specific case, I think that rather than using “stays” or “stays away from” (which are triggers), that “was” is perhaps how I make it work; “all 3 motion sensors was inactive for 5 minutes”. I’ll have to wait until I get home to try it out.

Scott

Maybe a temporary issue with LiFX? That’s an HTTP request… give it a little bit of time and try again?

@rontalley @Crussell

Thanks for the link to Host Pinger, although presence sensing is possible via pinging the IP, you will likely have 1 of two issues:

1. The phone will put wifi to sleep, making it appear you are away
  2. The pings will keep the wifi active, but will cause battery drain because of this…

I think the short answer is that there is no single solution that is actually reliable for presence, android or otherwise… there are a few workarounds, IFTTT may potentially be an option, but probably no better than the native ST app presence…

Does CoRE require OAuth? When I installed manually I enabled and now realizing not sure if it does. In fact not clear on when an app needs it and when it doesn’t other than install instructions saying so. If not, any way to reverse?

To use the dashboard it is required. You can disable it in the IDE I think, honestly never tried.

1 Like