[RELEASE CANDIDATE] CoRE (Community's own Rule Engine)

I wondered what that play button did. It still shows on mine.

It runs the recover piston method…

def appTouchHandler(evt) {
	recoverPistons(true)
}
1 Like

same issue

The code for CoRE on Github has been updated, and ST just release v2.2.3 of the Android app. Either one will fix what v2.2.2 broke.

3 Likes

Haven’t updated CoRE yet, but I can confirm that 2.2.3 resolves the issue. Any concerns with using the latest CoRE version with 2.2.3?

Same! Feel a bit daft for not working that one out. - can confirm it’s still on mine iOS/CoRE latest.

Updated both and all seems well!

I did notice that when removing a condition - say I want to change it from presence to switch,- sometimes it will retain the previous attribute. So for instance when I go to tell it, ‘on or off’, it’ll have ‘present or not present’. I have to clear it, then go back far enough to re-add the condition. Though I suspect this is probably not related to ‘outage’, just a coincidence that I noticed it now :stuck_out_tongue:

Updated CoRE but I am unable to save a piston. Receiving a popup “Error Saving Page”. The runtime statistics page gives me the “you are not authorized” popup.

When I try to save any piston I get a red box “Error saving page”. Anyone else having issues? I have the latest CoRE app and the latest ST app.

Same issue here. Setting the “Then” clause on any piston causes a red “not authorized” overlay.

@ady624 - any comment? I saw the CoRE peer assistance thread had a report or two of this, too.

Yes, I’ve been getting this recently. I just keep hitting done over and over and it eventually saves.

Be certain you are using the latest Smartthings app (2.2.3).
2.2.2 had a flaw fatal to CoRE.

1 Like

Android v2.2.2 by any chance?

Apparently, even though Android told me that it had updated. Trying to update again. Will let you know.

Thanks!

Edit: Yep, that was it. For some reason my tablet refused to update SmartThings beyond 2.2.2 until I unstalled it.

Thanks, @ady624 and @Ac7ss!

1 Like

If I group the following three light bulb actions into one action, will my random color be the same for all three or a different color for each bulb? @ady624

Yes, I have done the same…
Using light1, light2 and light3
Set color blah blah.

Same color

Ok, thanks. I want them each a different color. No combining the actions then for me!

I Uninstalled and installed both smart things and core, still have the same issues.

Don’t suppose you’re using a Windows device? The Windows app can’t run third-party SmartApps very well. I opened a ticket on it, but I never got a response. Someone else in this community told me that it’s a known issue.

I’m a Windows guy (I work for Microsoft) but I pretty much only use the Windows app for the bare necessities, like arming/disarming SMH and running Hello Home routines. For CoRE and many other SmartApps, you gotta have Android or iOS, so I use my wife’s tablet for those.