[OBSOLETE] Z-Wave.me, Popp, & Devolo Wireless wall Controller & Key Fob (EU), with button controller dimming apps and CoRE integration

@AdamV

I’m using a Z-Wave.me “wall controller” - http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-me-wall-controller-set-with-frame - and I’m also using your smartapp to control what it does as well, because I had problems with “Smart Lighting” not acting on button presses.

I do have a small problem though - it appears to be draining batteries very quickly! After getting mine connected and during testing it reported that it only had 1% battery left, so I went out and bought some new Duracell CR2032 cells and swapped it over.

It reconnected to Smartthings OK and initially reported that its battery was at 88% (which I thought was a bit odd), but after 4 button presses to test it in its final location to check it could connect back to the ST hub downstairs and it being on the wall for an hour, it’s reporting that it’s battery level has again dropped to 1%!

I just checked the voltage of the cell that’s in it and it’s reporting that it’s at 2.86V

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks again for coding this though, here in the UK we don’t have neutral wires in lighting back boxes, so re-wiring to put in mains switches would be too expensive so I’ve decided to go with LIFX bulbs. I don’t want to put a tablet in each room running SmartTiles, so these switches seemed like the ideal choice.

1 Like