[OBSOLETE] Blue Iris Fusion - Integrate SmartThings and Blue Iris!

I’ll do the button cycling tonight and let you know if that fixes it.

It was definitely working at least as recently as a few weeks ago. I only noticed it about a week ago (though I don’t often reboot my server). Definitely NOT something that you changed in your code.

Scott

OK, the toggling seems to have fixed it. Profiles are now held through a reboot. I also tested profile switching; still works fine… except now, Blue Iris Fusion isn’t sending a success (nor a failure) notification that the profile switched. ?. Whatever – it all works, so no complaints! Thank you!

Scott

I installed the smartapp from github and followed the instructions but when my modes change it doesn’t affect Blue Iris and I get this error in the live log. Any idea what might be wrong?

error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt() on null object @ line 328

Thank you!
Zax

same here. using local lan. are you on wan or lan?

Hi. I’m on LAN.

Try it on wan tho on LAN I get same error

I will test on WAN, but ideally, would like to see if we can fix the LAN version since I don’t regularly expose the Blue Iris port to the outside.

It sounds like the app wasn’t installed fully. Try uninstalling it and then make sure you publish both the child and parent apps in the smartthings API. After you get both published, then go to the smartthings app on your phone and only install the parent app. You don’t need to manually install the child app (each set of triggers will automatically install an instance of the child app). Give that a shot and let me know. You two are the first to have a problem like that in a long time, if ever.

Mine was working with wan. Will uninstall and try again. Shall report back

Edit. Reinstalled. Still same issue. Ensured both apps published. Any ideas ?

How can I just view the streams from BI in SmartThings?

Can’t be done with this SmartApp. I’ve not seen anything that will integrate BI feeds into ST.

Reverted back to wan enabled secure only and it’s working again. Can’t get LAN going. Perhaps it’s a windows firewall issue. But that error is still occurring on LAN

JMZ,

I see that you define BIprofileNames inside externalAction(profile) but not in localAction(profile).
Lines 179 and 253: def BIprofileNames = response2.data.data.profiles

BIprofileNames is then passed as a parameter to profileName(names, num) where the exception happens. I think it throws an exception because you call profileName(…) from inside localAction(…) so the ‘names’ property is null.

I changed lines 142, 143 to:

if(receiveAlerts == "No") sendNotificationEvent("Temporarily changed Blue Iris to profile ${profile}")
    if(receiveAlerts == "Yes") send("Temporarily changed Blue Iris to profile ${profile}")

And lines 158, 159 to:

if(receiveAlerts == "No") sendNotificationEvent("Blue Iris Fusion hold changed Blue Iris to profile ${profile}")
    if(receiveAlerts == "Yes") send("Blue Iris Fusion hold changed Blue Iris to profile ${profile}")

Saved and now it works as expected in LAN mode.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Zax

Will test also. Thanks

Regarding not exposing BI port outside , Don’t you check blue iris cameras when you’re away sometimes ?

VPN is a better option for this. Been using this for a while now. One extra step but even my wife is getting on board with this instead of open port.

Has anyone been able to get the profile option change to work. I have tried many times and nothing. I get nothing in the log when I make a change to the status. If not are there any other options out there.

If I run this http://ip:port/admin?profile=2&user=biUser&pw=biPass it seems to change fine

I’ve abandoned Fusion and am using webCoRE to trigger recordings, select a PTZ preset and choose a profile.

Examples (in the same order):

http://192.168.0.XX:8X/admin?camera=CAMID&preset=1&trigger&user=USER&pw=PASS
http://192.168.0.XX:8X/admin?profile=1&user=USER&pw=PASS

(Replace X, CAMID and USER/PASS with your own information).

Awesome so can you shoot be over one of your pistons or give me a code

or you can PM me with an example. I would appreciate any help. I use A LOT of webcore