[OBSOLETE] BigTalker 2.x

i also tried uninstalling the app and re-installing from scratch in ST

now getting the following errors on the sonos device
f265dccd-ce82-4d81-8076-b58f2995f29f 12:30:14 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_dth_e11e2746156bd692e89085bc18794bbf492c7fd03e7d76e6633e4a4502eb27ff.playTrackAndResume() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.json.JSONObject) values: [[duration:6, volume:30, uri:https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-media/polly-tts/salli/door_front_is_now_closed.mp3]]
Possible solutions: playTrackAndResume(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object), playTrackAndResume(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object), playTextAndResume(java.lang.Object), playTrackAndRestore(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object)

f265dccd-ce82-4d81-8076-b58f2995f29f 12:30:03 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_dth_e11e2746156bd692e89085bc18794bbf492c7fd03e7d76e6633e4a4502eb27ff.playTrackAndResume() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[uri:https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-media/polly-tts/salli/door_front_is_now_open.mp3, ā€¦]]
Possible solutions: playTrackAndResume(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object), playTrackAndResume(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object), playTextAndResume(java.lang.Object), playTrackAndRestore(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object) @line 2130 (playTrackAndResume)

hope it helps with the debug

thanks

Not sure what the crack is, but Iā€™ve had an annoying side effect for months. When Shm reverts to home mode, the announcement says ā€œsecurity Disabledā€¦ Security Disabledā€. I.e duplication. Doesnā€™t happen with anything else. Any suggestions? Ta

I am not able to get BigTalker2 to work with cast-web-api and Fully Kiosk Browser controller. I can get Fully Kiosk Browser to talk but I canā€™t get imy google mini to talk. In BigTalker, configure defaults, Talk with, I have tried selecting just cast-web-api, just my google mini and I have tried selecting both, but I do not get anything through my mini. Can someone give me some tips to get it working?

Any reason one echo device would stop broadcasting? I donā€™t see any errors anywhere, just stopped working in my bathroom, everywhere else seems good still

Seemed to fix itself after I played around with sending other stuff to it hmm idk

A few thingsā€¦

I had this working with the old version. I deleted them from smartapps and then added the code back for parent and child. The app on my phone looks good - shows version 2. However, I canā€™t get anythign to work through my Sonos.

1. Is there any documentation on the app settings? For example, what is ā€œtalk now?ā€ What does it do?
  2. under Event groups, I tried to create one to test based on time. I never hear audio even though the Sonos logs show ā€œplayTrackAndRestoreā€ sent by BigTalker2-Parent-Dev.
  3. when modifying ā€œspecific timeā€ i see a ā€œtoggle to test schedule phrase.ā€ what is that supposed to do? Is it supposed to send audio to sonos one time? confused by toggling a test on/off.
  4. all of my defaults have adequate volume, etc.
  5. one thing i do notice, as well, is that under the Sonos events, every few minutes BT sends an app_command to either refresh or playTrach and Restore.

Iā€™m lost. not sure why this doesnā€™t work for me. I should have stuck with old 1. version, I guess. Any help would be highly appreciated.

I have been hearing the error about the weather token not being available for a while now when i have the Big Talker time event triggered every weekday to wake me with the time and weather. I finally just got around to troubleshooting the issue and found this thread. Any chance weather is going to come back to SmartThings / Big Talker? I saw you have Big Talker available for Hubitat and you have weather implementedā€¦ is that going to make itā€™s way back to the SmartThings version? Iā€™m not quite ready to move to Hubitat as much as I would love to, itā€™s just a lot of work to migrate everything over from ST with the plethora of sensors/switches/smart devices I have in my house.

interesting, been using bigtalker v.1 for months with my samsung r1 speaker. no issues apart from the annoying ā€œbigtalker refreshā€ timeline logs every 2 mins on my speaker. so, i removed bigtalker v.1 and fresh installed bigtalker v.2 parent and child. exact same setup as v.1 but get no sound despite seeing bigtalker logs on events. any ideas?

I have just started seeing a bug. When I arm or disarm my yale alam, which is integrated to ST, it fire one of the big talker routines . The routine is based on mode change to evening, but my alarm is not dose not control/effect the ST modes (classic app) any ideas

Fixed in my alarm DH it had a send event ā€œmodeā€ (alarm mode) which big talker some how was picking up on. Changed it to ā€œAmodeā€ and it stopped happening

with the latest update from ST for Sonos, my sonos speakers are no longer announcing events

Appreciate if we can get an update to the app to make it work again

thanks

1 Like

Hi, could you please point me out for the documentation in LANnouncer website? Iā€™m having same problem and cant find anything how to solve it. Thx

@rayzurbock Are you planning on updating big talker to accommodate the new sonos DTH?

1 Like

If youā€™re trying to get LANnouncer installed properly, I have summarized the steps here:

yeah, i need this too ā€“ this app doesnā€™t work with sonos anymore since they made the changes.

I have been using bigtalker2 with SHM Delay for a few months and recently have had an issue. I have bigtalker 2 say that I have 30 seconds to exit the facility on a google home mini and a lenovo smart display. The message is coming through fine on the mini but now it will start on the the lenovo and not finish. It will beep like it always does but it does not say the message. Any ideas on what I can do to get this working again? thanks.

could you add the option to select the capapility door Control to your child app?
i want to be able to subscribe to ā€˜doorā€™ events ie ā€œthe door is clsoingā€

edit, more complicated that thatā€¦ ive update mine, but lost track of all the tweeks to post back to you.

preferences {
    page(name: "pageConfigureEvents")
    page(name: "pageConfigMotion")
    page(name: "pageConfigSwitch")
    page(name: "pageConfigPresence")
    page(name: "pageConfigLock")
    page(name: "pageConfigContact")
    page(name: "pageConfigMode")
    page(name: "pageConfigThermostat")
    page(name: "pageConfigAcceleration")
    page(name: "pageConfigWater")
    page(name: "pageConfigSmoke")
    page(name: "pageConfigButton")
    page(name: "pageConfigTime")
    page(name: "pageConfigSHM")
    page(name: "pageConfigPowerMeter")
//new
        page(name: "pageConfigdoor")
//new
    page(name: "pageConfigRoutine")
    page(name: "pageHelpPhraseTokens")
}

def pageConfigureEvents(){
    dynamicPage(name: "pageConfigureEvents", title: "Configure Events", install: (!(app?.getInstallationState == true)), uninstall: (app?.getInstallationState == true)) {
        section("Group Settings:"){
            label(name: "labelRequired", title: "Event Group Name:", defaultValue: "Change this", required: true, multiple: false)
            input(name: "groupEnabled", type: "boolean", title: "Enable Group", required: true, defaultValue: true)
        }
        section("Talk on events:") {
            if (settings.timeSlotTime1 || settings.timeSlotTime2 || settings.timeSlotTime3) {
                href "pageConfigTime", title: "Time", description: "Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else {
                href "pageConfigTime", title: "Time", description: "Tap to configure"
            }
            if (settings.motionDeviceGroup1 || settings.motionDeviceGroup2 || settings.motionDeviceGroup3) {
                href "pageConfigMotion", title:"Motion", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else {
                href "pageConfigMotion", title:"Motion", description:"Tap to configure"
            }
            if (settings.switchDeviceGroup1 || settings.switchDeviceGroup2 || settings.switchDeviceGroup3) {
                href "pageConfigSwitch", title:"Switch", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else {
                href "pageConfigSwitch", title:"Switch", description:"Tap to configure"
            }
            if (settings.presDeviceGroup1 || settings.presDeviceGroup2 || settings.presDeviceGroup3) {
                href "pageConfigPresence", title:"Presence", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else {
                href "pageConfigPresence", title:"Presence", description:"Tap to configure"
            }
            if (settings.lockDeviceGroup1 || settings.lockDeviceGroup2 || settings.lockDeviceGroup3) {
                href "pageConfigLock", title:"Lock", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else {
                href "pageConfigLock", title:"Lock", description:"Tap to configure"
            }
            if (settings.contactDeviceGroup1 || settings.contactDeviceGroup2 || settings.contactDeviceGroup3) {
                href "pageConfigContact", title:"Contact", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else {
                href "pageConfigContact", title:"Contact", description:"Tap to configure"
            }
            if (settings.modePhraseGroup1 || settings.modePhraseGroup2 || settings.modePhraseGroup3) {
                href "pageConfigMode", title:"Mode", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else {
                href "pageConfigMode", title:"Mode", description:"Tap to configure"
            }
            if (settings.thermostatDeviceGroup1 || settings.thermostatDeviceGroup2 || settings.thermostatDeviceGroup3) {
                href "pageConfigThermostat", title:"Thermostat", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else {
                href "pageConfigThermostat", title:"Thermostat", description:"Tap to configure"
            }
            if (settings.accelerationDeviceGroup1 || settings.accelerationDeviceGroup2 || settings.accelerationDeviceGroup3) {
                href "pageConfigAcceleration", title: "Acceleration", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else {
                href "pageConfigAcceleration", title: "Acceleration", description:"Tap to configure"
            }
            if (settings.waterDeviceGroup1 || settings.waterDeviceGroup2 || settings.waterDeviceGroup3) {
                href "pageConfigWater", title: "Water", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else {
                href "pageConfigWater", title: "Water", description:"Tap to configure"
            }
            if (settings.smokeDeviceGroup1 || settings.smokeDeviceGroup2 || settings.smokeDeviceGroup3) {
                href "pageConfigSmoke", title: "Smoke", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else { 
                href "pageConfigSmoke", title: "Smoke", description:"Tap to configure"
            }
            if (settings.buttonDeviceGroup1 || settings.buttonDeviceGroup2 || settings.buttonDeviceGroup3) {
                href "pageConfigButton", title: "Button", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else {
                href "pageConfigButton", title: "Button", description:"Tap to configure"
            }
            if (settings.SHMTalkOnHome || settings.SHMTalkOnAway || settings.SHMTalkOnDisarm) {
                href "pageConfigSHM", title: "Smart Home Monitor", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else {
                href "pageConfigSHM", title: "Smart Home Monitor", description:"Tap to configure"
            }
            if (settings.powerMeterDeviceGroup1 || settings.powerMeterDeviceGroup2 || settings.powerMeterDeviceGroup3) {
                href "pageConfigPowerMeter", title: "Power Meter", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else {
                href "pageConfigPowerMeter", title: "Power Meter", description:"Tap to configure"
            }
//new            
                if (settings.doorDeviceGroup1 || settings.doorDeviceGroup2 || settings.doorDeviceGroup3) {
                    href "pageConfigdoor", title: "Door", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
                } else {
                    href "pageConfigdoor", title: "Door", description:"Tap to configure"
                }
//new         
            if (settings.routineDeviceGroup1 || settings.routineDeviceGroup2 || settings.routineDeviceGroup3) {
                href "pageConfigRoutine", title: "Routine", description:"Tap to modify", state:"complete"
            } else {
                href "pageConfigRoutine", title: "Routine", description:"Tap to configure"
            }
    }
}
}
//new
    def pageConfigdoor(){
        dynamicPage(name: "pageConfigdoor", title: "Configure talk on door", install: false, uninstall: false) {
            section(){
                def defaultSpeechActive1 = ""

if (state?.doorTestActive1 == null) { state.doorTestActive1 = false }

if (!doorDeviceGroup1) {
                    defaultSpeechActive1 = "%devicename% is now %devicechange%"
                }
            input name: "doorDeviceGroup1", type: "capability.doorControl", title: "Doors(s)", required: false, multiple: true
            input name: "doorTalkActive1", type: "text", title: "Say this when change:", required: false, defaultValue: defaultSpeechActive1, submitOnChange: true
            input name: "doorTestActive1", type: "bool", title: "Toggle to test door active phrase", required: false, defaultValue: false, submitOnChange: true
            input name: "doorPersonality1", type: "enum", title: "Allow Personality (overrides default)?:", required: false, options: ["Yes", "No"], submitOnChange: true
            input name: "doorSpeechDevice1", type: parent?.state?.speechDeviceType, title: "Talk with these text-to-speech devices (overrides default)", multiple: true, required: false, submitOnChange: true
            if (parent?.state?.speechDeviceType == "capability.musicPlayer") {
            	input name: "doorVolume1", type: "number", title: "Set volume to (overrides default):", required: false, submitOnChange: true
            	input name: "doorResumePlay1", type: "bool", title: "Attempt to resume playing audio?", required: false, defaultValue: (parent?.settings?.resumePlay == false) ? false : true, submitOnChange: true
                input name: "doorVoice1", type: "enum", title: "Voice (overrides default):", options: parent?.state?.supportedVoices, required: false, submitOnChange: true
            }
        }
        section("Restrictions"){
            input name: "doorModes1", type: "mode", title: "Talk when in these mode(s) (overrides default)", multiple: true, required: false
            input name: "doorStartTime1", type: "time", title: "Don't talk before (overrides default)", required: false, submitOnChange: true
            input name: "doorEndTime1", type: "time", title: "Don't talk after (overrides default)", required: (!(settings.motionStartTime1 == null))
            input name: "doorDays1", type: "enum", title: "Restrict to these day(s)", required: false, options: ["Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday"], multiple: true
            input name: "doorDisableSwitch1", type: "capability.switch", title: "Disable when this switch is off", required: false, multiple: false
            if (!(settings.doorTestActive1 == null) && !(settings.doorTestActive1 == state?.doorTestActive1)) {
            	def testevent = [displayName: 'BigTalker Door', name: 'DoorTest', value: 'Active']
                def myVoice = parent?.settings?.speechVoice
                if (settings?.doorVoice1) { myVoice = doorVoice1 }
            	sendTalk(app.label, settings.doorTalkActive1, doorSpeechDevice1, doorVolume1, doorResumePlay1, doorPersonality1, myVoice, testevent)
                state.doorTestActive1 = settings.doorTestActive1
            }

}
        section("Help"){
            href "pageHelpPhraseTokens", title:"Phrase Tokens", description:"Tap for a list of phrase tokens"
        }
    }
    //End pageConfigdoor()
    }
//end of new

I have gotten bigtalker to work with my PC using the VLC media. However, I would like my new sonos speaker to work instead so I can let my laptop go to sleep when not active. I had to change my sonos device type to DLNA player for it to even show up in the big talker app as an option but I do not hear any announcements coming from sonos.

First question is do I need to update my device type like I did?
Do I need additional app in ST to get this to work or should it just have worked. I did see an post about the new sonos integration where the device type should be set up to LAN Sonos Player Websocket but when using this device type I do not see it as a speaker option in bigtalker.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

When you first run BigTalker, it will ask if the device is a music player or TTS. I donā€™t know about Sonos but maybe you have to set it to TTS, so reinstall BigTalker and change it. I think you can also have two instances of BigTalker running.

Thanks for response.

Deleted and readded still no sound coming from sonos but I hear it coming from VLC media player. I did try changing the device type back to the one sonos is suggesting with upgrade but did not fix it either. I donā€™t have twob big talker running I have two devices selected in the text to speech section. Do you think I canā€™t have two speaker sources?