[OBSOLETE] BI Fusion v3.0 - Adds: Blue Iris Device Type Handler, Blue Iris Camera DTH, Motion Sensing

I know you said you already authorized OATH in the IDE, but just to be sure, for the “BI Fusion” Smartapp (not for “BI Fusion - Trigger” or either of the device type handlers) you have it turned on as in these pictures from the IDE?

Then:

Then click update so it is saved. After that, then go into the app and into BI Fusion settings and turn on the recreate switch as we talked about yesterday, then click to view. You shouldn’t get the null access token (duh)…

Don’t mean to second guess you, I’m just not sure what is wrong yet so I’m covering all the bases before assuming the code is screwed up somehow but it still works for the rest of us.

The other thing you can try once OAUTH is confirmed to be set up is in the BI Fusion settings, instead of turning on “Do you want to (re)create the URLs?” you can leave that off. For initial setups it should generate the token either way. I’d certainly be interested if that solves the problem, the code is different in the two places, maybe one method has a problem. Sorry for the trouble, hope we can figure this out quick!

It wasn’t enabled!! W. T. F… I absolutely did it, I even copied the oauth code into notepad… but it was off for BI Fusion (and not on for anything else). I remember distinctly because my connection was being flaky on the machine I was on and had to switch to get it to update and give me an oauth code!!

SIGH

Well, hopefully thats where the problem is… I don’t know why the oauth (that I’m still looking at in notepad) decided to give me the finger… Grumble…

I feel both stupid and not stupid at the same time since I obviously hit the button to do the thing… but I guess I didn’t hit it hard enough to stick (metaphorically speaking…) ¯\(ツ)

Ok, I’ll give that a go and if it happens again, I’ll let you know. But thank you for making me do that :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t think I’d have found it otherwise.

Thanks!

1 Like

Its alive! Now my automated machine gun can stop putting holes in the stucko. :grin:

1 Like

@JMZ I am also getting the “Blue Iris Fusion failed to change Profiles, it is in Away (#3)? Check your user permissions.” When trying to change profiles. I saw you said earlier this was a bug in BI but I am on the latest version and still getting those errors, but the profiles do change in BI.

Mine’s done that ever since I got it set up as well… I meant to just turn off the notifications, but never did, lol. I just keep swiping them away

Wonder if JMZ can look into it would be nice to get a confirmation but not a big deal. I never had notifications on either but wife was complaining about all these notifications so I will have to turn hers off too. She likes an alert letting her know the cameras switched off though.

@dambrosioj, @Automated_House & @RVoodoo, please refresh my memory, are you using the Server DTH, or using just local mode, or using external? Also, can you let me know a little more about your settings? List the ST modes with the BI profiles they’re tied to, if it happens for every mode change or just a few? @Automated_House you said it was just one camera that had the preset issue, but others work? What is the camera shortname? (all of this is if you don’t mind my asking, we can PM on this too if you don’t want to blast it out in the forum)

We some more detail I hope to be able to narrow down where the issue is. I haven’t had any problems with my system at all (other than Mediacom continually breaking my internet)…

It’s been so long since I set it up… I forget what I have and why I did it. Please feel free to ask me prodding questions to get the information that could be helpful to you. I do not have the server set up. I do have the profile integration and the camera DTHs installed. The cameras work perfectly for motion devices. I have 4 profiles/modes set up in blue iris and the app. The modes all sync correctly, but all mode changes kick the error that “BI Fusion failed to change Profiles, it is in [mode] (#[X])? Check your user permissions.”

Where [mode] is whatever mode it changed to and [X] is the number for it

I’m using the server dth with profile integration. Only have one camera with PTZ. It works even though the messages said it didn’t. same with profile changing.

I am not using Server DTH, I am using external. I have an external dns that is working with Nginx/LetsEncrypt. “example.com” I have 2 profiles just one away one home, tied to 2 & 3. If I switch it to local everything works fine and I get the notifications saying it was applied and it does switch the profile. Its when I switch it to external is where it switches the profile in blue iris fine, but i get and error message back from Fusion.

The reason I wanted external is because I just use the dns name to route because I do not like unchecking the box of allowing secure keys. That was put in place because of a backdoor that was discovered in BlueIris and can still be used if that box is not checked. I know the argument is well its local and noone can access it. All it takes is one device to become compromised on the network and they have access to BlueIris. There are still multiple links out there on how to gain access to BlueIris when that box is not checked. I wouldn’t be advising people to uncheck that nor does the creator of BlueIris on IPCAMTALK.

This is SO GREAT ! Thank you for sharing this with us !!! One question though … I got it set up and fully working. But noiw when motion is detected on one of my PIR motion sensors it will trigger my cameras as expected but is there also a way to set the system so that I can decvide if they will be triggered or not and if I will get a notification or not based on my presence, or a specific (virtiual) switch setting ? NBow they get triggered all the time. Thanks a lot for your help !!!

Thanks for the reminder, that is also my situation! I use Google DNS for mine and manually get my certs using the instructions on the old BI fusion thread.

Do your certs automatically update? That sounds pretty cool

SOLVED !

My bad … Didn’t set the option Away linked to Profile “Inactive”.

1 Like

Why dont i have moveToPreset.cameraPreset(#) in webcore? ive setup the triggers in blue iris smartapp.

Nmv, had a double device handler that was the old version. Working now.

1 Like

@JMZ Hello, got everything to work including the video stream. One thing I noticed is that motion simply goes on and then off, it does not stay active while motion is going on and then off when no motion. It just does a simple on and off. I am sure this is a setting I am over looking in BI. Any help to correct this is greatly appreciated.

Also, any way to make it so I can use a ST system icon on the DTH?

Thanks for writing this! I was able to retire my old cobbled-together version that used custom HTTP endpoints for my cameras - this is way better.

I’ve been able to get everything working, but found one minor issue. The killer feature for me is the ability to sync ST and BI modes so that I don’t record (and waste my bandwidth, since my BI server is remote) when I’m home. This is working fine, but I’ve noticed when the mode changes I get the following error in the logs and an SMS claiming that “BI Fusion failed to change Profiles”:

response 4: [result:fail, session:15dc1aa242591dae53bf428274dc6e8c, data:[cpu:7, memload:54%, lock:2, uptime:0:16:26:46, signal:1, tzone:-240, clips:Clips: 263 files, 1.82G/61.0G; C: +35.8G, disks:[[total:122527, free:97292, disk:c:, allocated:62464, used:1872]], cxns:3, schedule:Default, dio:[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0], alerts:0, memfree:1.83G, mem:527.8M, warnings:0, profile:1]]

The profile does actually change properly in BI even though an a “fail” is being returned. This is easy enough to ignore, but I’d like to be able to enable mode change notification because it’s important that my cameras turn on when I leave.

I can’t quite narrow down where the random profile error notification some of you are getting is in the code. Here’s is what I have from you guys, with a follow up question for some:

@dambrosioj - External connection
@RVoodoo - Not using the server DTH, so are you using external or local? EDIT: whoops, you did say external, and if you switch to local you don’t get the error. Sorry!
@Automated_House - Server DTH connection
@dlaporte - External connection

I’m betting @RVoodoo is using external, and that’s the issue, which means I still would have to figure out your issue @Automated_House :-0

Also @dlaporte, it’s still doing what you want for BI/ST syncing right? The only issue is the error message your getting? (that’s what I’m trying to figure out with the other folks, it is working fine, but something is sending an error message when it shouldn’t).

I like your idea, I should be able to enable ST system icons. I’ll figure it out.

Your right, if the motion is showing active and inactive in ST, then everything in BI Fusion is setup correctly, so there is something in you Blue Iris setup to adjust. The first part is the Alerts section, where you can set the “Wait at Least” time. But I think your real issue is the time it take for triggering, which in each camera’s trigger settings.

Correct, it’s switching profiles as it should, it’s just that BI is returning a “fail” in the response and you’re reporting that back. I am using an external connection and not the Blue Iris Server DTH.