[RELEASE] BI Fusion v3.0 - Adds: Blue Iris Device Type Handler, Blue Iris Camera DTH, Motion Sensing

@JMZ

With the IDE going away at some point do we know if BIF is going to be updated to the new API? Figure it is difficult to know at this point but with Deepstack integration my motion alerts have become extremely reliable and I want to go to town with automations haha. However, if the API is just going to kill them as it did with many other community based Apps I may hold off. Hope not, this is my favorite smart app by far.

Glad you like it! I’ve enjoyed using it and making it. Unless the documentation comes out much clearer and organized, I don’t plan on converting it over to the new platform. I just don’t have the time to learn it and build it. We’ll see how long it stays working, but so far it has. I haven’t really kept up with SmartThings news though either. Life has just steered me away from these projects.

If someone out there wants to take it in and bring it into the next version that’d be awesome.

I apologize in advance if the solution is somewhere in this thread. I looked through many pages and didn’t find it. I’ve been a user of ST/WebCore for many years, but new to Blue Iris.

Issue: I’ve installed the apps and device handlers per the instructions and am confident I did this correctly. But, the profile sync is not working. Must be something wrong with the BI server since I can see the call being made in the logs from ST, but nothing on the BI side.

-I setup a new user in BI with admin access
-I’ve tried using server and local connection, no luck with either
-Using my local IP address (192.168…; tried with and without the “http://”)
-No special characters in my username and password for BI
-BI profiles are mapped to ST location modes via the BI Fusion app in ST

Just want to make sure I’m looking for the correct result: when I change a ST location mode, in BI on my PC I’m expecting the profile on the top of the screen to sync and change with it (the dropdown with colored profile)…is this correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

If I don’t care about being able to have smart things trigger blue iris recording and I only want motion alerts from blue iris to smart things (bi fusion) do I have to enable the less secure login?