[OBSOLETE] BI Fusion v3.0 - Adds: Blue Iris Device Type Handler, Blue Iris Camera DTH, Motion Sensing

@JMZ will this survive the transition? I’m dependent on BI cameras as triggers at this point!

1 Like

I don’t use triggers, I do use motion. I manually transitioned months ago. Got the banner and did the rest of the transition 2 weeks ago. I have had no issues with BI. Didn’t touch a thing,

1 Like

That’s great to hear. Maybe I’m using it as motion sensors. I’d have to check my webcore script.

I’m just pretty scared to migrate to the new app; really unclear to me what will and won’t work. IDE is staying past October?

IDE is staying until sometime in 2021, last thing I read

I use my cams for motion and use camera triggering from other devices. All of my integrations work without issue on the new app through automation or smartapps.

1 Like

@JMZ I’ve just installed BI 5.3.2.5 x64 in DEMO mode and have configure BI Fusion 2.9.1. Most things appear to work, I even have BI Motion triggering SI actions.

In the new app, the BI Server simply has a status of Connected. The classic app shows the BI Active Profile and allows manual BI profile changing. Is this just the way it is using the new SmartThings App?

I’ve also enabled Auto Sync BI Profiles and mapped 0 to home, 1 to away and 2 to night and enabled Make Hold changes. Changing SmartThings Home Monitor modes in the new app does not seem to change the profile in BI. Not sure what I’m doing wrong here.

Looking at the logs, I don’t see any log activity when I change modes in SHM. See lots and all successfully when using the classic app.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can give.

G

@JMZ check your inbox – on 9/16 I got an email from ST confirming what they announced on the forum 8/11: SmartThings Classic will be discontinued on October 14 , at which point you will be unable to use or access the application.

When I go into the settings of the BI server device in the ST app, I try to enter my BI Webserver port, but it won’t accept a port that’s 4 digits long… (max is 3?). I’m using the new app and clicking on “settings” when viewing the device.

Hello @JMZ , Love the BleuIris integration and sure this isn’t your day job. Greatly appreciate all your work for us. Mine finally broke in the SmartThings migration to the new app and I’m looking forward to seeing your next iteration…
Take care!!!

I was just about to join and install this but it doesn’t work with new app…damn…

While I’m waiting if somebody has a time to build it again for the new st app I’m trying to understand blue iris. Couple of days ago I just got it installed and I do not understand profile idea.

It seems that blue iris is based on time based scheduling. Let’s say at night cameras are detecting motion and daytime not. I would like to link this to smartthings modes. When I’m home do not record, when I’m away/night turn motion detection on.

Now I need to do it with webcore and I’m changing profiles like this:
When away/night:
http://x.x.x.x:81/admin?camera=thisone&profile=1
http://x.x.x.x:81/admin?camera=thatone&profile=1
When home:
http://x.x.x.x:81/admin?camera=thisone&profile=2
http://x.x.x.x:81/admin?camera=thatone&profile=2

1. How do I lock these profile changes? Manual says: “add &lock=1” to lock profile so that 450min timer does not revert profile back to systems default profile. This does not work though. How am I able to keep my blue iris motion detection on when I’m on vacation if profiles revert back to default after certain time?

2. Is it really so that there is no group-command for profile changes?
EDIT: I just figured this out. No need for group commands because I can change blue iris profile (no need for individual camera profile change).
Example: http://x.x.x.x:81/admin?profile=2

3. Did I got it right that motion is only trigger that can be used in blue iris to create an alarm? I would like to take a snapshot from blueiris camera when st doorbell is pressed. I’m able to create webcore piston to take and create snapshot from that certain camera but I can’t sent it to email. Reason is that there seems to be no way to create other triggers than “motion”, “global dio” and “cameras digital input”.

@cmderden, @netcsk, @Elan, @glenmm, @Chadly_K, @Jani, and everyone else - I migrated my house over to the new app this past week it looks like everything in BI Fusion works except the server device’s display in the app. The functionality is all there, but the ability to manually select profiles and sync BI with ST from the server device is missing. While that sucks, the majority of what BI Fusion does is still 100%. You can still set it up, modify settings, and have it sync BI with ST, trigger cameras based on ST events, and use BI cameras as motion sensors in ST.

There is some weirdness in some SmartApp settings pages in various smartapps, mine aren’t any different. Sometimes when selecting options that then should make the page refresh to show more settings dependent on the first (like selecting which type of sensor, and then an option should show up to let you pick the specific sensor, the latter doesn’t appear right away). But in all the cases I’ve seen so far, just continue with other settings, try turning a switch type selection (on/off) to the opposite setting and back. That’ll trick it. The other thing I’ve seen is like the known bug in webcore settings in the new app, there is no “done” option. So you have to select cancel, and then discard, but the stuff is actually saved. I got a couple of weird errors when making changes in my setup, but they all saved despite the error displayed. Turning on Debug logging in Advanced settings of BI fusion and then watching the logs on the IDE website will help you know if the setting saved or not, especially during this transition.

I’m not sure I’ll be able to fix the BI server device page, the new method is all via CLI and the documentation is terrible (as usual). There isn’t much in the community pages yet, so I don’t have a lot to use as examples. I’ll keep an eye on it, and attempt to prevent further capability loss, but we’ll see how it goes. I’m glad the essence of BI Fusion is still there though, or I’d be out like everyone else!

I’ve seen posts about the IDE going away in 2021, we’ll see what happens together I guess. I checked out Hubitat for the first time today. I’m not sure, but that may be the solution if ST kills the IDE altogether. I know BI Fusion can be replaced entirely by webcore as well, it just requires a lot of work and it’s as clean as running BI Fusion, plus I think you’d lose the cameras as motion sensors capability.

Yes, based on how ST can access BI with HTTP commands. Blue Iris added MQTT after BI Fusion was written, and that would likely be the solution, but requires a complete overhaul of BI Fusion and I simply don’t have time to do that. The solution @sflamm posted and I have part of on my Github docs let you us BI Fusion remotely instead of locally, which can solve your problem.

Yes, ST completely changed the way device type handlers must be built, and has very little documentation on how to do it. I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to update it to get the old functionality back, but you only lose the status and ability to manually change them from the app. The syncing and everything is still working fine.

Bi Fusion is syncing your BI profile with ST’s location mode (e.g. home/away), not SHM status (e.g. armed/disarmed). Make sure whatever is changing your SHM status is also changing your mode. If you manually change it, make sure you are changing the mode too, not just the SHM status. There is no way for a smartapp to access the SHM status (or at least there wasn’t and they changed it in the new app so likely there still isn’t), so BI Fusion is only tied to location mode. I just have things trigger my routine (not scene) to change both the mode and the SHM status.

Enter the settings from BI Fusion’s SmartApp settings, not the device’s settings. The device settings area is from BI Fusion v2.0 and wasn’t removed in case anyone was still using only v2.0. I just checked and it works fine from the new app’s SmartApp settings area. Let me know if you are still having issues.

@Chadly_K What broke? I migrated and everything works except the BI Server device status pages, but everything else works fine (that status page only helps you manually change BI Profiles, which you can do by running a scene). Let me know so I can see if there is a fix.

@Jani It does work with the new app! Looks like you understand the profile idea just fine. BI fusion just automates syncing the BI Profile to the ST mode, assuming that your ST modes change automatically, so with BI Fusion your Blue Iris profiles would change with it. You can totally set it up via webcore as you describe also. BI fusion just gives you more capability by creating a device within ST for each BI camera so you can use it as a motion sensor and trigger it from other automations directly too. For your 1st question, you just send the command twice or add the “lock” parameter to the HTTP code (Param “&lock=0/1/2” makes profile changes as: run/temp/hold, use 2 to hold the change). For question 3, that is exactly what BI Fusion is for. Just make a trigger in BI fusion to trigger your camera when the doorbell is pressed. Or, with BI Fusion installed each camera is a device, so you can use any other automation app to do the same thing. I use Super Notifier to “turn on” my porch camera when the doorbell is pressed. BI Fusion makes my camera a virtual device that looks like a switch to the rest of smartthings, and when I turn it on, BI Fusion trigger the camera in Blue Iris, waits 10 seconds, then turns the “switch” off so it’s ready to trigger again. You can do this in webcore too as you describe. For the snapshot in email thing, that’s a Blue Iris thing, not something within SmartThings or BI Fusion, so you’d have to ask them. I just have my snapshots save to a dropbox folder, so if I get the notification and I want to see what is up, I can just look at Dropbox on my phone or log into the camera feed directly from the Blue Iris app.

2 Likes

Hey all. I’m looking to get started with this, but I’ve already hit a snag, and I’ve only just learned to create a SmartApp from code. This probably doesn’t bode well, but I’m going to push on through. :slight_smile:

When trying to create the Server & Camera DTH apps, I’m getting the following error after pasting in the code and clicking “create”. I admit I’m a noob when it comes to the coding for this - can anyone direct me how to fix it? Thanks!

No signature of method: script_app_metadata_f92d5c76_c34e_4cc2_9d8b_5b624901c649.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_f92d5c76_c34e_4cc2_9d8b_5b624901c649$_run_closure1) values: [script_app_metadata_f92d5c76_c34e_4cc2_9d8b_5b624901c649$_run_closure1@476951da] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Hi,

New to syncing profiles… a couple questions:

1. If you use the “auto sync bi profile to st mode” - does it try to find a BI profile with the same name as the ST mode you are currently in?

2. It says you can optionally specify BI profile names and has “BI Inactive, Profile 1, 2, 3” as options. How do you know which ST mode these correspond to?

3. Is the sync BI-DIRECTIONAL? e.g. if I change BI mode will it also change ST mode? Can this be done? (e.g. BI geo-fence used to set “away” mode in ST)

Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue and realized the first two were apps and the other two were device handlers which have their own tab.

but then again I could be completely wrong seeing how I am having issues too, I was able to add the codes but it wont show up on my phone under the apps portion.

I followed the steps to the best of my ability, I have added the two apps and give the OAuth to the Bi Fusion app and also added the two device handlers.

Now when I open the app on my phone I can’t seem to find anything related to BI.

HALPPPP

Oh geez, thank you garciam, I didn’t realize there was a separate tab for device handlers and was trying to add those to the apps. That got me squared away, thank you!

If you haven’t gotten it to show up, make sure that the BI Fusion app is published (your hub should be showing when you click on the “My Hubs” tab before you publish (mine wasn’t pulling in and I had to republish). Then you’ll need to hit the “+” in the SmartThings Smart Apps section and BI Fusion should be all the way on the bottom. :slight_smile:

I think that’s my issue since I dint see it under “My Hubs” and I deleted my location by mistake so now I got wayyyy more work to do.

I wish there were ways to save all the settings so if something like this happens you can easily reload.

Hi - I’m a long time user of Blue Iris, but trying to get more home automation going. I’m trying to use SmartThings as the vehicle and installed BI Fusion. I am stumped on Motion Detection.

Camera Motion - I don’t seem to be able to get this working. I entered the URL for the camera motion, changed the the name to the camera short name, etc. It doesn’t seem to work. I copied and pasted the URL into a browser address and I got the following error - it looks like it doesn’t like the token.

<error_description>xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx</error_description>
invalid_token

I grabbed the URL address from the live logging and double checked the token - then generated a new token. Still get the error above.

I haven’t seen any logged traffic going to Blue Iris. Just whatever I generate in the ST app.

I was able to generate the camera devices from the SmartApp and when I turn the camera on in ST App, I see the camera trigger in BI, but that’s about it.

Any thoughts or hints to debug this?

Thanks

Did you change the short cam name in the URL? Make sure it is correctly capitilzed as well…that was my problem when I started.