SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] BI Fusion v3.0 - Adds: Blue Iris Device Type Handler, Blue Iris Camera DTH, Motion Sensing

smartapp_cameras
dth_security
smartapp_security
dth_cameras
project_cameras
(Alcopop2006) #369

Yeah, I’ve done a little more research into this and it doesn’t seem as straightforward as I’d hoped:

I just don’t feel comfortable leaving my current laptop on all the time.

Has anyone on here had any luck with using a NAS with Blue Iris? Or can recommend a cheap PC or something else for this purpose? That’s also affordable to run?

(Also managed to stop my camera from constantly recording by deleting it and reinstalling)

(phil) #370

If Blue Iris would work with a PI board, running on Linux, would make this a whole lot easier and cheaper. However since BI is so CPU and hard drive intensive just not sure who it worked even if they put something together

(Alcopop2006) #371

Yeah I’ve seen some set ups where people have installed it on a Raspberry Pi in a Docker Container:
https://hub.docker.com/r/jshridha/blueiris/

But not sure if it runs completely efficiently.

So long story short, i had to completely reset my ST hub. Prior to the reset, i had BI fusion running and syncing profiles. I am just now getting to reloading BI Fusion and keep running into an “unexpected error”.

After going through all of the prompts for the BI Fusion Smartapp (BI server settings, linking the profiles, and naming my cameras), i get a notice that “an unexpected error has occurred” whenever i try to save the changes.

Like i said, i had this set-up running fine prior to resetting my ST hub and have not made any changes to my BI server set-up since the smartapp was running.

I also tried reinstalling the codebase for the apps & DTH through the IDE and no luck. Thoughts on what else to try in order to get this smartapp working again?

That sucks you had to reset your hub! Talk about a lot of work… Which settings page are you on when you get the error trying to save? The main one or one of the sub pages (or both)? Also, if you open the API logging webpage, then go into the BI Fusion settings pages and try set it up and get the error, there should be a more detailed error message in the API log. Can you post that? Hopefully that helps us figure out where the error lies.

ok, i checked the API logging page and saw an error about “device mismatch”. So i reloaded the code base for the server DTH & Smartapp and that got it working. I guess i missed one the other day when i tried to update them.

Everything is working now though, so thanks for the help!

1 Like

@JMZ after updating to the latest code the motion stopped working. The logs show the camera switching from active to inactive correctly while there is motion, but the device doesn’t change. Since the device doesn’t change it doesn’t run my core pistons. Any ideas?

Found this in the camera log:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method replaceAll() on null object @line 139 (active)
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method replaceAll() on null object @line 144 (inactive)

UPDATE: working now somehow. I think it may have been related to the hub update they pushed out.

1 Like

I’m trying to get my camera to send me a picture via text message or email when my doorbell is pushed.

I have a camera looking at the doorbell. I have a z-wave contact sensor connected to my doorbell. Can I add a snapshot from the camera to the notifications I already get from BI Fusion? Can I somehow use the DIO inputs in Blue Iris to trigger an alert which would send me a snapshot?

Nevermind. Got it.