[OBSOLETE] BI Fusion v3.0 - Adds: Blue Iris Device Type Handler, Blue Iris Camera DTH, Motion Sensing

That did it! Fantastic, and thank you!

1 Like

I’m still getting profile change and PTZ errors even though the actions are successful :confused: All smart app and device handler code up to date.

Am I missing something or does this not sync with SHM Away/Stay/Disarmed? I cannot get this to sync my Blue Iris Profile when I switch to away or disarmed using SHM.

In the Blue Iris Fusion SmartApp I have Auto Sync BI Profile to ST Mode enabled.
Mode Away is set to Profile 2
Mode Home is set to Profile 1.
Make hold changes is enabled.

The Blue Iris Server device works for changing the Blue Iris Profile manually with no problems. Hitting 1-7 will switch Blue Iris to that profile.

If I click Sync BI or Refresh in the Blue Iris Server device after setting SHM to Away it never switches Blue Iris to Profile 2.

Is there something I’m missing?

You’re mixing SHM State and Modes. They are two different things. This app works with modes, not SHM states.

Thank you. That makes much more sense now. I never messed with routines and didn’t realize modes were in there. Works perfectly with the Goodbye and I’m back routines.

2 Likes

I figured you would. I actually reinstalled my server device to make sure my setup was acting like anyone with a fresh install, and now I’m getting the same errors you describe. I’m going to look into it more now, and let’s PM together until we get this figured out! This last update fixed the external connection issues, but I think somewhere I messed up the server DTH that you and I are using…

RE: motion
So I’m back home and looking at Blue Iris. There are only the two settings that I see. The break time and make time settings. I think your 30 sec setting from the screenshot for break time makes a lot of sense. I have mine set to 15. I have my make time set to 1 sec (so the motion only needs to last for 1 second). From everything I can read and see, as long as Blue Iris is seeing motion, it shouldn’t send the “trigger is reset” message until after the motion is done, and in ST your camera motion sensors should remain active until that message is sent.

I just walked around in front of a camera for 3 minutes and it stayed active in Blue Iris and in SmartThings the whole time, with the icon showing the motion active version. When I left it’s view, it switched to inactive 15 seconds later, as I’d expect. So it all seems normal.

I think the next place for you to look at your settings is your actual trigger settings in Blue Iris. I have some of my cameras tweaked out pretty good to only go active for a person sized motion event, and some others I haven’t spent the time on so they get false triggers all the time. If you have yours dialed back pretty well, it may not sense all of the motion and think the event ended when it really hasn’t.

Hope that helps.

@Automated_House Just updated the trigger smartapp. I added a 3 second delay to executing triggers based on mode changes. The issue was that the trigger was activated before it finished doing the mode change, and would get the error checker all out of order, throwing the errors. The 3 second delay seems to have fixed it for me, let me know how it works for you. Also, if you’re worried about the 3 second delay, just make sure you have “Pre-trigger video buffer” turned on and at least 3 seconds in each camera’s Record tab of settings in Blue Iris. The action will still be caught on tape if needed.

1 Like

what do you have the trigger reset timer set to? wait at least blank min between alerts

I have my “wait at least xxx min between alerts” set anywhere from 0.1 to 1 minutes (randomly apparently). Whatever you put there would be the quickest the inactive status would ever show up in ST. But if the motion is still in front of the camera for at least as long as the “MAKE time” (settings>trigger>configure>) and happens at least as frequently as the “break time” (settings>trigger>) then it’ll stay active.

I just had an idea. Are you using the switch part of the camera device, or the motion part in your webcore piston? The camera DTH has switch on/off and motion active/inactive capabilities, so if you accidentally used the switch part in your piston it would do exactly what you’re describing. It’d go “on” then “off” a few moments later every single time. The switch part is for triggering the camera, and to prevent it from then being stuck “on” forever there is a short reset timer that turns it back off (which is only a status of the switch change, nothing else happens). The motion part is tied directly to Blue Iris’ trigger status of the camera.

Not sure what you’re doing with webcore, so I could be way off my rocker, but a thought anyway. If you share what you’re trying to do I can hopefully help make it work correctly.

Is this intended to fix the errors when setting profiles based on mode and/or sending a PTZ request?

Both. There wasn’t actually a profile error, it was the trigger interrupting the profile error check method. So everything should continue to work as it has, but you shouldn’t get the error messages telling you it didn’t switch profiles when it did. Lemme know if you have any more issues with it.

ok cool. Do i need to do a fresh install or just open the smart app and save?

Nope, no fresh installs (that would be awful!). Just update the code in the IDE, and as always it is a good idea to open up the settings and click “done” so that it reinitializes. But then it should work.

This is just a visual aspect I am looking to fix, I use ActionTiles and have the motion from BI on a tile and the tile just goes on and off and that is what I am trying to fix. I messed with my settings a little earlier and will see what happens when I get home. webcore works perfect, again this is just a visual aspect I am trying to correct.

I’m still seeing the errors. Here’s a screen recording. (I don’t normally use the new SmartThings app, just doing it to test since I can change modes without running a whole routine. I get the same errors with Routines in the Classic app)

Alright, can you screenshot the logs from both the trigger app that is doing mode change based triggers, and from the server and PM them to me? It’s all working solid for me know so I have no idea why you’re still getting the errors. When you do that, make sure your have the logging page up, then go into the app settings and click done. Then change the mode so that the trigger goes, and PM me all of that. It’ll let me make sure the settings are right and see each step as the trigger goes. Just black out your username/password so that doesn’t go on the internet.

Also, I just put a 3.2.2 beta on github for the trigger app, it lets you select your own wait time. Try increasing it, maybe your connection is just slower than mine and the time I put in 3.2.1 isn’t long enough. But that’s a stretch…

will try to do that tonight. Work blocks whatever the IDE uses for live logging :-1: Some other details, not sure if they matter or not:

1. i’m using my contacts for push notifications
  2. One of my modes does not have a BI profile assigned (but i think this is ok?)

I’ve attempted to read most of this thread (my eye’s glazed over around reply 150)

Does this allow you to view the camera streams via the WAN inside the smartthings app?

As long as you’re on the same network as the cameras, yes. SmartThings video handling in the app is pretty limited and sometimes spotty though, I’d highly recommend using the Blue Iris mobile app for camera viewing and use this for integration triggers, motions, and modes between ST and BI.