[OBSOLETE] BI Fusion v3.0 - Adds: Blue Iris Device Type Handler, Blue Iris Camera DTH, Motion Sensing

Cool, so you’re in the same boat as the others. Can you try something for me? Change from hold to temporary changes (switch to whichever you’re not using), click done until you’re back out of settings, then change ST modes and see if you still get the error. The only thing that is different from what it was 2 years ago is that I added a different method for hold/temp changes.

The motion goes on and off, but I am using webcore to control and just have it set to turn on, on motion and off 3 min after motion stops with the reset enabled if there is motion again within the 3 min. This is working so far so good. I did mess with the wait at least, but that seem to make the issue worse. what other settings are you recommending to change? Screen shots are very helpful!! :grin:

I enabled “Make Hold changes?” and I still get the same error messages. The profile changes properly, just logs an error.

Full disclosure, I was sitting on a plane earlier, so I couldn’t do screenshots… :sheep:ish… I’m away from my BI computer, but using the help file (so pics could be slightly off), I think the setting to check is “Break Time” on the camera’s Motion/Trigger tab in settings:

Set that to 360 seconds and you should solve your 3 minute delay issue. I looked at mine, and realized I’m getting the same results as you (on then off real quick again). I assume my break time setting is also super short like the help file shows, and that is likely why. So when I get home I’m going to try the same solution.

The other window, for closure, is the alert window:

I think if you set your break time to 3 minutes and leave this alert wait time to anything less than those 3 minutes it should work our fine for you.

Lemme know, I need to try it myself!

Alright, thanks. I’ll have to talk to Ken. The log message you posted is perfect. It shows that the JSON request failed (which is why you’re getting the error message), but somehow it is still working. Can you send me the full log when you switch modes? It’d be helpful to see what each step sends and returns. Hopefully I can figure it out from that. Right now I’m scratching my head because the only thing I changed is the lock. I can change that part to operate a little different to see if it’ll work, but I’d be shooting in the dark. He did change it late last fall, so maybe there is still a hiccup in there. Thanks!

PS - prolly best to PM me the log, and blur out your username, etc, if it shows in there so that it isn’t out on the internet…

Ok, so what I am looking for is a normal motion sensor sequence, on with motion and off when no motion, not sure if that is possible. If not motion on and shows on for 20 to 30 seconds and then goes off would be good enough. I went through the setting and I already had that same setting set for 30 seconds, so unfortunetly that is not the resolve.

Alright, I think there may be a couple typos in there, so correct me if I’m wrong: I understand you want it to set motion to active when the camera sees motion, and stay active until the motion is gone for 20-30 seconds. If that is correct, then from the Blue Iris Help file, you have your trigger set up correctly. Earlier you said 3 minutes, but if you want it 30 seconds like in your screenshot, then also make sure you have the “Wait at least” time in the alert tab for that same camera to be less than 30 seconds. I’d try 20. Essentially, the trigger tab break time should set how long the camera will remain in a motion-activated triggered state, and then the “wait at least” time in the alerts tab will prevent a bunch of extra messages from going out. But that “wait at least” time shouldn’t have any bearing on how it acts as long as it’s time is less than the break time on the trigger page.

If you have that set and it still isn’t working, that means both your and my understanding of the Blue Iris settings is wrong, and we’d be best off talking to Ken at Blue Iris. My BI Fusion app is based on that understanding, I didn’t realize this issue until you brought it up.

Also, since I know others out there use it, please pipe in with your settings since I think you and I may be stuck!

Ok, 1st we are talking about the motion only, not what it is controlling. That is all being handled by webcore with no issues.
I am really just looking for the motion sensor to turn on when motion starts and off when motion stops. As you know right now it is just on and off, in theory it should stay on for around 20 to 30 seconds when the motion event is happening. That is all I am looking for. To be honest this is not affecting any automations, it is only a visual that I am looking for on my control panel. right now the event happens so quick it does not even register on Actiontiles.

FYI. I love the new server and how it handles the switching. I was doing all this with webcore, virtual switches and HTTP commands.

Also, I messed with that other wait time setting and it did not seem to fix the issue. All that seem to do was make it worse by extending the time to the next event. Still went on and right off.

Yup, we’re on the same page, I’m not talking about anything they control, just how Blue Iris works with BI Fusion to provide you a camera as a motion sensor. I have no idea why you’re motion sensors don’t show active longer. I’ve been watching mine, and they stay active for as long as the “wait at least” time is, but I can’t confirm that changing the break time on the trigger tab will make it last longer like it should. I’ll have to play with it when I get home to see if I can figure it out.

I’m excited that you’re using webCORE to control things based on the motion though, that’s pretty cool! My own use case for all of BI Fusion is still very basic ST<>BI mode integration and ST triggers for BI recording, the rest has just been adding stuff so that it can be useful for other folks. I’ll come back up comms with you once I’ve been able to play with this at home. My home internet apparently just died so I can’t even VPN in to play with it right now…

ok, let me know what you figure out with your settings.

Updated code in Github!

@dambrosioj, @RVoodoo, @Automated_House, and @dlaporte - try it out now, I hopefully fixed the external connection error when you are changing profiles. Please let me know and send me logs if it is not working.

@jasonrwise77 - You can change the icons in the camera and server DTHs now.

@Automated_House - Added option to use mode change as a trigger option.

I also added door knocking as a trigger (based on the “Door Knocker” smartapp in SmartThings, so you can record who is there when the door is knocked on.

Please pass feedback on whether things are fixed or still broken!

1 Like

Yes, I can now select ST system icons, thank you.

1 question for you, I noticed that my server is all setup and working, but when I got into the settings of the server everything is blank. Was I supposed to populate all that info again?

1 Like

Nope. The server DTH is built to either run standalone or paired with the BI Fusion app. So if you use BI Fusion, leave all those settings alone. Not sure anyone uses it standalone anymore, I can probably remove all that code and it’d be less confusing for you (and me when coding!).

Thanks!

Ok so I am no longer getting that error when using external. I do get another message though. This is what I am getting now:

Bi Fusion change Blue Iris to profile away #3 successfully, but Hold/Temp type is incorrectly ‘Hold’.

What does that mean? is it because i was manually switching from Home/Im Back?

Alright we’re getting somewhere!

The error part is referring to the type of profile change made. It can be a temporary change (and only changed for as long as you have the profile time set up for in Blue Iris, after which it’ll follow your Blue Iris schedule), or a hold change, which means it’ll change the Blue Iris profile permanently until you tell it to change again (regardless of any schedule made in Blue Iris, and also held even through computer restarts, etc).

So in BI Fusion, do you have “Make Hold Changes?” on or off? Also, please copy the debug log lines that start with “debug response 3” and “debug response 4.” That’ll help me figure out where my error is. Thanks!

I had it turned off, so I enabled it and it correctly sets HOLD in blueiris. (Which is what i want)

But then the message changes to:

“but hold/temp type is incorrectly ‘Temporary’”

Ok, so it is set to hold now, and in Blue Iris it is showing that a Hold change is being made correctly, but the error you’re getting is saying it is in temporary, right? So the error message has a bug?

Post the response 3, 4, and 15 debug log entries when you make a change, either I flipped the numbers around (the code is just 1 or 2 for temp or hold), but it could be that he accidentally flipped them himself in the Blue Iris code (that was the issue we had last fall, the external numbers were opposite from the local numbers).

Sent you a PM with the full debug log

Alright, v3.2.1 for the main BI Fusion smartapp uploaded. Should fix the issue. Thanks for the help!

That worked! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like