[NEEDS UPDATING] Assistant Relay V3.3 Beta

There’s a script somewhere to do this, although it’s not something I use.

To change your broadcast name, you need to change what the assistant called you via the Google home app

I did not succeed to do anything by changing name from Google home app. If someone manages to change broadcast name I would like to see some instructions. :slight_smile:

If you change your first name in google account, it should work. But I dont want to do that.

That is the only way to do it. When you issue the broadcast, google is using the first name on the account you used to link to GAR. GAR only uses the name you send it to pick the correct json credentials from the users that you have added, nothing more.

i’m trying to utilize pm2 start to automatically initiate this on reboot.
It appears to work and is online but of course when I try to access the web browser it doesn’t work. Any ideas or have another startup solution?

Try sudo pm2 start…

What do the logs for AR say?

I think pm2 logs 4 might work?

i tried that and still no go, it’ll say online but it’s not functioning at all

oddly enough it’s saying it can’t find the config.json but I confirmed it’s indeed in there

I’m curious why you’re doing it in this way. In the GAR folder, you can just run sudo npm run start. Are you trying to control it with another instance of PM2? I don’t know that this is going to work that way. Since GAR wants to start it’s own instance of PM2. That’s why I had to docerize mine.

I don’t know if there are other things that npm run start is doing other than launching pm2.

You could also try taking the folder structure out of the picture. Navigate to the bin folder and try sudo pm2 start www from there.

Also, you did run the install, correct? You have to either sudo npm run setup or sudo npm i to install it first.

in the end all i want to do is have it start on boot as i do fair amount of rebooting the pi. i tried having it start out of the folder and got the same error

Via the pm2 command or via sudo npm run start? I also asked if you had run the install command first.

sudo pm2 start, i didn’t run the install command though, why would i?

Because you have to install the necessary libraries. Otherwise it won’t work. Did you read the installation instructions? I mean, why wouldn’t you have to run the install?

i mean rerun the installer, i ran it initally and everything works no issues with npm run start. i’m trying to see if there’s a way for it to boot on restart.

Once you run sudo npm run start, you should be able to run sudo pm2 startup to get PM2 to run at startup and then you just have to sudo pm2 save to save the pm2 config.

HI,

Thanks for another nice development.

Is there a way to use this like a normal google (Home) assistant? In the way to sent tasks to chromecast (audio)? like “play radio on chromecast 1”?

Hello,

I am trying to webcore to send radio station to chromecasts ni my huouse. I can see that chromecast is startng up, but there are no sound.

How to modify the webcore piston to reply with radio stream?

when i look in config.json file, there are no respons to the command.

No, you cannot do that with GAR.

That will not work. You cannot control streaming content from the Google Assistant SDK, which is what GAR is based on. You can only control that from a Genuine Google Assistant device.

Yjis is weird…

in a webcore i saw (2efgo) he was able to the audio respons to specific speakers. I cant even get that to work.