[NEEDS UPDATING] Assistant Relay V3.3 Beta

Just to clarify here. I installed PM using the “Beginner’s Guide…” and the command was:

“curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_12.x | sudo -E bash -”
“sudo apt install -y nodejs”

Is that correct?

I also guessing clonning the git repository was incorrect and I should download the “releases” version and install it??

Last question (and I’m sorry I’m being a pain). To re-install do I simply delete the assistant-relay directory (minus the OAuth file), download the “releases” version and start the install “npm i”? without sudo?

Thanks again.

When you’ve got Node installed, you can install PM2 by doing ‘npm i pm2 --g’

That will install it globally

Download the release.zip and extract into a folder of your choice. Navigate to that folder using the terminal and then run ‘npm i’

Hello,

Did setup node.js and assistant relay server. In the dashbord url of assistant relay, the sandbox testing was working good. I was able to hear broadcast message in google home. However, the curl command was not working from laptop cmd. Thought may be port issue, in the dashboard configure tab i changed port to 3005 and updated the config file also in bin folder. Then did pm2 kill and npm run start. But after this, the dashboard window is not coming up, I get message network error. What could went wrong? Anywhere else to change port?

Anyway, When i do npm start run, google home is broadcasting “Assistant Relay initialized”.

@ghesp
Hey Greg,
I’m not totally there yet, but I just wanted to check in with what, for me, is good news lol and report that I got to this point (see screenshot below) on Ubuntu so far without any crazy popping up along the way…

So, I’m well on my way. :slight_smile:

I will be getting back to this process tomorrow…

Does V3 work with IPv6 (if it is enabled on the network)?

The IPv6 issue was never anything to do with AR, but Google’s implementation.

I’m not sure what the bug ever was as IPv6 is enabled on my network and it works without issue

Greg,

Hello and thank you for this, as I was looking at doing this with my Google Homes and minis. I have followed the instructions and all appears to be good but when I try and test in the Sandbox, no audio is presented to any of my Google devices. I must be missing something, but not sure. Below are some screenshots:

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Nathan

Here is the screenshot of the AR:

And one more of the AR:

@ghesp
Hi, Greg.
I got pretty far with the provided instructions. So, thank you! :slight_smile:

However, since this is all foreign to me, I need instructions :slight_smile: and now that I have arrived at a point where it seems the instructions left off, I’m not sure what to do next.

I got to the place where it told me to go make sure certain things were selected in Activity Controls, but then I lost track of where to go next.

Do you have any hand-holding left in you? lol :slight_smile:

Anyone else who has gotten it fully installed willing to assist me with finishing my install process?

Hello Greg,
Never-mind, I found the issue. ALL it was, was IPV6 on the router!!! Shut off IPV6 on router and all works perfectly!!! What a pain…I have been going round and round with this.

Everyone that is NOT getting sound to their Google home/mini’s; check your router and turn off IPV6!!!

Does this still require Node8 like the last one did?

Was developed using Node 10.

1 Like

I get this as soon as I try to access the web UI to start the configuration… Any clue what could be going wrong? I get this same screen both when running from a cloned copy of the repo and when running files extracted from the release.zip of 3.0.6…

Thats correct. Stick the IP address and port that the relay is running on

And what would that port number be by default? I’m literally getting this message on initially trying to access the web UI for the initial config.

It should be port 3000. There’s a message in the console that’ll give you the IP and port to connect on

Yes I saw the message in the console. I used the IP and port number mentioned in the message in the console in my web browser, which took me to this screen asking for an IP address and port number. I actually tried entering into this form the same IP address and port number at which I accessed the form itself, which were 10.0.6.249 (the correct address of my Pi) and 3000 but the form just reloaded. Same reaction with 127.0.0.1 and 3000.