[Release] Assistant Relay V3.3 Beta

If you use webcore, you could make your program trigger the piston execution URL. That piston could do anything you want, including assistant commands I suppose (I do that with cast-web-api, but I believe that should be easy enough with assistant relay as well)

Could you please upload that to github? the tabulations are gone…

Looks like there might be progress in broadcasts to individual rooms!!! This didn’t work on my setup when broadcasting from a Google speaker or my Android phone so I didn’t bother trying from AR yet. But how much you wanna bet that this feature is locked out of the SDK so won’t work for AR?

This is not my DTH, it was created by https://community.smartthings.com/u/Ryan780, so he would need to upload.

Michelle

@Ryan780 @Danabw where is the DTH for Google Home speakers, I have tried looking everywhere. I’m having issues using [catt scan] so I’ve been sending HTTP post requests using WebCoRe and everything works fine, but instead of trying to change volume params and adding seperate JSON params for each speaker (I can only use IP addresses) I was hopign for something simple and it seems like the DTH would work great if I can integrate into ST. Sorry for all of the questions especially if it’s posted somewhere but I can’t find it using all of my Google-fu.

THANK YOU what an amazing tool. Hope you both start working for Google so we can get some great tools and integrations.

I’m not involved in any of the Assitant Relay development, @Hooverand, so can’t help you w/your questions. Sorry.

I’ve tried to install this on windows 10,

I believe I followed all the steps in the setup correctly, but when I try to run npm start run I get these errors repeating themselves.

0|www  | Error: Cannot find module 'shelljs'
0|www  | Require stack:
0|www  | - C:\assistant-relay\helpers\cast.js
0|www  | - C:\assistant-relay\routes\server.js
0|www  | - C:\assistant-relay\app.js
0|www  | - C:\assistant-relay\bin\www
0|www  |     at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:966:15)
0|www  |     at Module.Hook._require.Module.require (C:\assistant-relay\node_modules\require-in-the-middle\index.js:61:29)
0|www  |     at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:72:18)
0|www  |     at Object.<anonymous> (C:\assistant-relay\helpers\cast.js:1:11)
0|www  |     at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1138:30)
0|www  |     at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1158:10)
0|www  |     at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:986:32)
0|www  |     at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:879:14)
0|www  |     at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1026:19)
0|www  |     at Module.Hook._require.Module.require (C:\assistant-relay\node_modules\require-in-the-middle\index.js:80:39) {
0|www  |   code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND',
0|www  |   requireStack: [
0|www  |     'C:\\assistant-relay\\helpers\\cast.js',
0|www  |     'C:\\assistant-relay\\routes\\server.js',
0|www  |     'C:\\assistant-relay\\app.js',
0|www  |     'C:\\assistant-relay\\bin\\www'
0|www  |   ]
0|www  | }

I’m not sure what to do next. Hoping for some help. So glad you all are here!

Im not sure why it keeps doing this, I thought shelljs was in the package.json :confused:

Just do npm i --save shelljs

That looks like it did it! Thank you!

Hate to bother you again, I went through the config. Actions has changed quite a bit it seems since the walk through was created. But I created credentials, downloaded the file, created a user and uploaded the credentials file, then on the next screen pasted the secret code from the credentials file. Now I’m getting this on run.

0|www | Assistant Relay Server Initialized
0|www | Visit http://192.168.86.10:3000 or http://ar.local:3000 in a browser to configure
0|www | TypeError: Cannot read property ‘getRequestHeaders’ of undefined
0|www | at getAuthorizationHeaderFromGoogleCredential (C:\assistant-relay\node_modules\grpc\src\credentials.js:188:32)
0|www | at C:\assistant-relay\node_modules\grpc\src\credentials.js:219:5
0|www | at C:\assistant-relay\node_modules\grpc\src\credentials.js:166:5
0|www | Update check failed. You’ve probably been rate limited by GitHub
0|www | TypeError: Cannot read property ‘0’ of undefined
0|www | at exports.setCredentials (C:\assistant-relay\helpers\auth.js:41:97)
0|www | at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
0|www | at async C:\assistant-relay\helpers\server.js:64:40

What application type did you select in the Google project? Needs to be TV and limited input device

Ah ok, that’s where I screwed up. Thanks, I’ll delete the project and try again.

Is anyone having issues where the text response is blank? For example, I ask what the time is, I get no text response, but I do get an audio response.
If this is you, please could you go to this issue, give it a +1 and comment on it. https://github.com/googlesamples/assistant-sdk-nodejs/issues/13

I’ve reached out to Google but they’re unable to find the issue so far. The more users we get +1’ing that issue, the better

What questions should it give a text response? I saw it really rarely, I thought that is an SDK limitation.

Not really, most things it should give a text response. What’s the weather? What’s the time?

They should give text responses

Ok, I see. I used before, is the garage door open, and that’s what I’ve got:

No text response given, click play to hear the audio

But I see, what is the time gives zero text response, not even the one above.

I tried one of the examples from the issue, but that actually works.

Who is the president of the united states
United States, President: Donald Trump.

Hmm, im not sure for you, unless its intermittent. For me, nothing gives a proper response :frowning:

I did a fresh installation yesterday (July 11) and everything worked fine. After seeing your comment and try it again, I am having the same problem now.

Then I try removing user then adding it back, it starts working again for an about hour. Then stops working.

Are you running in a Docker container?

I am not running docker.