[NEEDS UPDATING] Assistant Relay V3.3 Beta

Today I updated to latest beta. Not sure what happened.
@ghesp any advice what might cause this error?

Did you install Python 3?

I already had latest python installed and everything worked great. Now I tested different python version from 3.6 -> and same error every time.

Have you got pip3 set as an environment path? It needs to be able to run pip3 from terminal to install dependencies

no idea. I haven’t ever set anything like that. :open_mouth:

EDIT: Managed to get AR back in business. I do not understand what happened. It was solved after multiple Python installations and uninstallations. Thanks for your help!!

EDIT2: Should “Cast Sandbox” work? I’m having same problem as @Ryan780 did but with Windows. Select device doesn’t list any devices. It shows just “no data”. At the same time Chrome browser lists all devices that are available to cast.

I’m also getting “update available” line for some reason.
I’m using: “You are running version v3.3.1b.” It should be latest

Ok so more that I use AR more it breaks down. Now AR seems like it is running just fine but no audio is still passed to my Home minis. Stopped suddenly and I get no errors. All minis are online and working normally, AR makes POST but nothing comes out.

EDIT: Did some testing with sandbox and sometimes POST goes to all google home devices, sometimes just one of them, sometimes none of them. This is weird. Also noticed that there was another topic where users said that Google integration has some problems.

Not sure if it has anything to do with this but fyi. I remember when I used Amazon echos (EchoSpeaks) and Amazon decided to limit how many announcements can be sent to Echo devices. This feels exactly same problem but there should be no limitations right?

So, Google released a major update to assistant back around Valentines day. Since then, all sorts of assistant issues have been popping up. It may be related. Not sure. I just know that over the past week, I have had 3 bugs with assistant (One of which I am going to have to roll back my phone to deal with as it has been a known issue for a while and Google doesn’t care to make the fix urgent)

Yep, I’m able to broadcast just one message in 5 minutes. Web interface lists all broadcasts and they are shown in log POST /Assistant -> Conversation complete but nothing comes out.
What a shame. Of course… if I’m the only one having this exact issue then it has nothing to do with Google or AR. I felt like everything was working normally 5 hours ago.

Is anything showing in myactivity.google.com?

Hi, yes:

But still nothing comes out. Didonce again fresh install and right after adding user I managed to broadcast all 8 messages succesfully to my minis. After that it stopped and now the situation is that nothing goes through. Have to wait 5-10minutes and then Im able to broadcast once.

How often are you asking it to broadcast? I think Google might be doing some throttling

I was just reading that same discussion… could it be…

It destroys …everything… oh jesus…

I have three Google Home minis.

I did some testing …

Broadcast 1: all three works
10 sec wait
Broadcast 2: all three works
10 sec wait
Broadcast 3: all three works
10 sec wait
Broadcast 4: just two works
10 sec wait
Broadcast 5: one works…then small delay and second works…
20sec wait
Broadcast 6: no broadcast anymore.

So what could be the limit. 10 in 1 minute? After that 5 minute freeze…

After 5 minute wait I was able to broadcast once again to all those three devices but after that I have to wait 5 minutes again.

What happens if you do the same test, but from your phone?

Why don’t you just cast to an audio group? Broadcast seems useless to me since it won’t play through all the speakers at the same time. Plus the annoying annout it makes prior to any message?

But but… if someone is listening music or doing something with speakers it won’t resume anymore, right?

Ok, it does the same.
So problem is Google that sets some sort of limit for the broadcasting. This behavior started today. Damn.

Grrrrr

Just upvote this: Have broadcasts started to be rate limited? - Google Assistant Community

1 Like

Just did! Let’s see what happens…

Same problem for me, broadcast was working in the morning now it sometimes dont broadcast anything and other times take like 5 minutes to broadcast to a single home… I have 11 google homes

1 Like

How many broadcast commands are you guys sending per minute?

It’s not more than 60 per minute or 500 a day is it? Does it work from your phone?