[OBSOLETE] ArloPilot - Enhanced Arlo System Integration

I haven’t been following closely… is the Arlo image URL sharing working with ActionTiles now? It did work for me originally but after a day or so the URL must have changed. I haven’t noticed if that has been addressed in the conversation since. Thanks!

So, I was able to get it working by setting up the Automations, instead of using Smart Home Monitor. I originally was using Smart Home monitor to trigger Arlo Pilot to change my cameras, and that stopped working. Now I have it set up in the Automation portion of Arlo Pilot to change the cameras based on the mode (Away, Home, Night) and it is working correctly now. Hopefully the SHM portion will be fixed in the future since I’d love it to change my cameras if I ever manually enamble/disable SHM, but I’m happy that it’s working automatically now!

I am using SHM again to change Arlo modes and I have no problems

1 Like

Really, I have removed and readded the smartapp multiple times and could never get it working again. Odd.

UPDATE 3/30/18:
I’m on Android and noted that when i updated to the 2.4.10_20077 version on 3/26 the ArloPilot started working for me again without having to tune or tweak anything. While the issues were in state i had reverted back to using my old setup of IFTTT/virtual switch to trigger mode changes based on Home/Away/GoodMorning routines. A few minutes ago I turned off IFTTT and executed the routines manually while watching the LiveLogging for ArloPilot in the IDE and no longer see any “groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException:” messages so it would appear that Arlo resolved the issues on their back end… at least for me. Hopefully it’s fixed for all because this is a really great integration. Again, hats off and big thank yous to @SteveWhite !

Just looking for some input, im looking between Arlo and dlink to set up a 4 camera home system plus an additional device for the nursery.

How has everyone been finding the integration for triggering ST or ST triggering Arlo, reliability, quality?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

Image link is still not working for me. I get it all setup but when trying to access the link I get a bunch of html code in the browser. I posted it above but hasn’t gotten any replies around possible issues. I haven’t messed with it since then but it is still on my to-do list

i just tried again from my ipad and it worked. last week i think i tried on android phone, but it originally wouldn’t work on android. ios allows the url copy when long pressing the image in the SmartThings app SmartApp for ArloPilot.

TBD if the image keeps refreshing past a day, but within 15 minutes i saw my ActionTile Arlo images refresh (after i viewed the arlo cameras in arlo app)

@SteveWhite - After a day or so my Arlo images in ActionTiles are expired again. I get an XML error if I try to view the image in browser. I’ve lost track in this topic, is this something that you might be able to fix? Either way the other functionality this SmartApp provides is great, so thank you :slight_smile:

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Request has expired</Message>
<Expires>2018-04-03T01:01:25Z</Expires>
<ServerTime>2018-04-03T15:25:43Z</ServerTime>
<RequestId>376F7A0CDxxxxxxx</RequestId>
<HostId>
8cRh0Ol2JR1NsCXjCeyzMrxu1czKWdF5C5Ghnty5CKrB9ij6Tnbs7TN/cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxQ=
</HostId>
</Error>

How do I update this app? I am still running the original version.

The answer depends on how you installed it. If you installed it from github then you just need to log into the IDE, go to the smart app section, click on update from repo, and then select the correct repo and follow the prompts If you didn’t do that then you will need to go and to the link provided in the begining to grab all fo the code and update it yourself in the IDE.

1 Like

It’s so nice being able to use Google home to change Arlo modes.

Also getting the “Oh no! Something went wrong” error on the external snapshot link. Anyone have any solutions for this?

I figured this out. I hadn’t yet added the arlopilot device tile for that camera. It works now on my ActionTiles. However, WUnderground wont let me use this URL because it doesn’t end in “.mpg” or “.mjpeg”.

How long has your action tiles image been working?

They haven’t worked at all for me yet.

Firstly a big thanks to SteveWhite for doing all this work. I really hope this will help me solve my problem.
I am fairly new to SmartThings and Arlo Integration and I couldn’t work out how to set modes until I came across Arlo Pilot.
Anyway, I am pretty sure I have installed everything as per “Github Integration”. But its not working yet.

Question 1
I don’t understand why 2 Smart Apps and the Device Handler have to be left unpublished as surely these won’t do anything until they are! Maybe I just don’t understand!

Question2
I have found the mode label for “armed” but there doesn’t appear to be a mode label for “disarmed”! I thought OK I can make a new mode but it won’t let me generate one for anything like “disarmed” so I can’t see how to change to the disarmed mode.

Question3
I can get into My Apps ArloPilot and enter my Arlo account details and it tells me I am logged in. When I go to ArloPilot Settings I am just getting the header and a blank page. Then when I come out of Arlo Pilot App it loses my Arlo Logon and Password.

The bottom line is, All I want to do is “Arm” my 2 cameras in my Goodnight Piston and Disarm them in my good morning piston and the same for my empty house piston I don’t want to actually turn the cameras off as sometimes I want to take a quick look in the daytime.

Sorry If I am asking silly questions but i have read as much as I can and am not sure where to go from here!
Any advice welcome Thanks.

Just picked up an arlo pro package over the weekend, and this is exactly what I’m looking for, the native integration of arlo pro into smartthings isn’t that great unfortunately. Thanks for your work on this @SteveWhite!

I’m hoping someone can help me troubleshoot, arlopilot doesn’t seem to be changing my Arlo mode at all when my smarthings mode changes. I’ve defined several custom modes in the arlo app, “away day”, “away night”, “home day”, “home night”. These correspond to smartthings modes I have, and I use routine director in smartthings to change my routines, which change the various modes of smarthings. I’ve configured the user-created modes in the arlopilot per the instructions at the beginning of this post. I believe those were successful since they show up in the mdoe automation management section of the arlopilot app. But when smartthings changes modes, no mode change is made in arlo. What’s going on here?

TIA

So I’m having some issues, I have a trigger setup to set the HUD to a custom modes when we’re at home which it dose once the presence Sensor shows up. I then used the same smartapp to Arm the system when the presence Sensors are not detected. (That didn’t work) So I added a second Arlopilot smartapp to Arm the system and it still doesn’t work. Any suggestions?