[OBSOLETE] ArloPilot - Enhanced Arlo System Integration

@SteveWhite I got my camera tiles showing up in smart tiles. But my problem is, that the snapshot is not updating. What do I have to do to get this working? Is there a certain section in the smart tiles app that I should be putting the links in? If you look a couple posts before this one you can see what I was doing.

I’m not sure where you’re seeing any of that. I’m not seeing it in ActionTiles.

I am using an old version of actiontiles. Even before the name changed. Actually my version is called Smarttiles. My screenshots above are from within the smarttiles app.

I think the Arlo cloud might still be having issues. I checked IDE logs and saw error pop up a few times on the native Arlo (Connect) integration:

copyClipDataFromArloToSt() failed for 52M1797TA7652; error=Failed to complete. Message was: Read timeout to vh-na02-useast1.connect.smartthings.com/34.225.254.233:8400 of 20000 ms Arlo_ClipCopy_ResponseTime=20082

You can go into settings of the virtual camera tile and turn on debug and trace logging. That might provide some insight. You can also adjust the Arlo cloud polling interval there too. It should default to 10 minutes.

1 Like

Do we need to create a virtual device for the tiles?

Good evening all. I am releasing ArloPilot 1.5 which has a minor bug fix and also adds a hash check to prevent retrieving camera still images from the Arlo cloud.

What’s fixed?
Last image polling not being properly scheduled during device creation.

What’s new?
ArloPilot now checks to see if the image returned from the cloud is different than the last check. This is accomplished during polling for last image by computing an MD5 hash on the image. If the poll returns an image with the same hash it is not stored by SmartThings.

To update from 1.4:
Update devicetypes/shackrat/arlopilotcameratile.src/arlopilotcameratile.groovy
Update smartapps/shackrat/arlopilot.src/arlopilot.groovy

No. just go into “ArloPilot Settings” then “Create Virtual Camera Tiles”.

2 Likes

Steve,

I see you have Arlo Pilot setup to integrate with SHM. Do you have any plans for it to support the ADT ST alarm panel states. I think the state is avaliable to ST since you can create a basic routine based on the alarm status.

Im not able to change modes. It used to work before. Removed everything and reinstalled. Im on version 1.5

Everything looks fine in the app, but getting errors in the livelog

92a5cd16-8336-4715-b65a-a5f489cbb1ef  12:14:26: info smartapp_pause called by smartAppName=ArloPilot, value=500, smartAppVersionId=81533a14-b9b6-4341-b5c9-2cbc58e6636f
92a5cd16-8336-4715-b65a-a5f489cbb1ef  12:14:26: error Caught exception [groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized] while attempting to set mode.
92a5cd16-8336-4715-b65a-a5f489cbb1ef  12:14:26: error Caught exception [groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized] while attempting to retreive the device list.

This morning i noticed i’m having the same exact issue as @cscheiene posted above. Mode changes based on ST mode (Home, Away, Good Morning) not working all of a sudden. I thought upgrading the version to 1.5 might help but no joy. Noticed that my Arlo app on Android did an auto update yesterday evening as well, not sure if that’s tied to this issue or not. Was working great now its not. Anyone else notice this?

I had my modes changing when there was a switch turned on or off. That stopped working too.

For anyone who is having trouble keep in mind that both Arlo and SmartThings have had major outages over the past week. There is bound to be some flakey behavior. The app didn’t break, but something, somewhere in SmartThings or Arlo did. Mine is working fine still so it’s not necessarily an ArloPilot issue.

First thing I would do is enable Debug & Trace logging in settings. Then use the manual mode change to see if any errors are being logged. If you are seeing Unauthorized errors as @cscheiene is, that means the Arlo cloud is rejecting your credentials. Go back through the “Connect to Arlo” steps and re-enter your credentials to ensure they’re accepted.

Since Arlo only allows for one concurrent session per user, another good test is to log into the Arlo cloud then perform the manual mode change in ArloPilot. The first thing you should notice is that your browser session will get kicked out. If that happens, Arlo has accepted the session.

If the mode does not change, and you are trying to change to a custom mode, go back to see if the “mode id” didn’t somehow change. The Arlo outage was due to a database error meaning there’s a possibility those ID’s have changed.

Arlo had a big outage this morning. that could be causing your problem

Brian

This morning?

I cannot manually change my mode using Arlopilot. I have to debug later.

It will not change the Arlo mode when a virtual switch is changed either.

@eric182
While there may be an ArloPilot problem, are you able to log into your Arlo System on both your app and through your PC?
I had to delete my browsing history in Chrome this morning to log in on my PC. Then one of my base stations was offline. Had to do a power cycle to bring it back up.

Brian

Yes. Everything is fine on the arlo end. Both web and mobile app are working fine.

@eric182 & @hbr - I confirmed i am able to log into my Arlo via web multiple browsers on my pc as well as the Arlo mobile app on my phone. And, as expected, logging in on the one, kicks me out of the other- so password/access is not the issue. Status in the app is “Connected to Arlo!”

I turned up logging to include trace and debug and watching the live log stream.
i’ve attempted multiple times to reinstall/reconfigure ArloPilot and initiate manual Arlo mode changes and it produces a stream of red errors.

Caught exception [groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized] while attempting to retreive the device list.
Caught exception [groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized] while attempting to set mode.

However, debug message “Retrieved Authentication Token [
]” appears successful every time.

Thanks for doing the legwork. I’m at work and I can’t debug right now. Maybe @SteveWhite can shed some light on this.

The good news is that netgear fixed motion zones!!

1 Like

Enable the Debug & Trace logging then try changing modes. If you see

Caught exception [groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized] while attempting to set mode.

It means the Arlo cloud is rejecting your credentials.

There’s a lot of chatter about an outage on the Arlo community today, so my guess is that this is somehow related. I just tried manual mode changes again and it’s working for me.

I just got the same “caught exception” error in live logging.

I still can’t change the mode using Arlopilot. Manually or with Vswitch.

If the arlo cloud is rejecting credentials, is there some thing I need to fix? Or just wait for netgear to get their act together?

I am not having any problems with the arlo app, so I am not sure if they are having cloud issues today

Try following the “Connect to Arlo” link on the main ArloPilot (with logging enabled), then re-enter your credentials. Capture the output and post it here.