[OBSOLETE] ArloPilot - Enhanced Arlo System Integration

Is @SteveWhite still around? Bumping back up. Still interested to know if I can turn off the cameras via routines, and heave them turn back on a switch modes based upon other routines.

1 Like

@mejifair
He must be very busy as we havenā€™t heard from him in a week. I wanted to retry this software with the new changes, but I could not find the app on Github I am not very familiar with Github so I am at a standstill until he replies.

Brian

Hi all! I havenā€™t been able to spend much time with SmartThings or here for the past week. Between undertaking a huge home renovation project and major customer projects at work, I havenā€™t had much free time.

I see some of you are trying to use the image links in ActionTiles. Unfortunately they are pre-authorized links that expire. Iā€™m exploring what the options are to get around that. Iā€™ve quickly thrown together a virtual device with a CarouselTile but ActionTiles doesnā€™t know what to do with it. I could add an http endpoint and issue a http redirect to the actual URL. Not sure how AT would handle subsequent refreshes after the initial redirect.

Perhaps @tgauchat has some thoughts on how we can make this work.

2 Likes

This is great, this is exactly what Iā€™ve been looking for.

The native SmartThings integration is horrible, and the IFTTT channel is broken, but I was able to do everything I wanted with this smartapp. Thank you so much!

Could your smartapp provide an endpoint that ActionTiles (or WebCore?) could look at to find the latest Arlo URLs? Then they could ā€œdereferenceā€ that to find the new URL to show???

@SteveWhite - as always, your app rocks and I appreciate your willingness to pop in and help out the users.

Did you get a chance to look over my questions that I posted? I see your answer to the Action Tiles, but I have some questions about mode changes and the cameras being on or off.

Hi all, apologies for the radio silence for the past week. My total SmartThings time has been more limited than I would have liked. Unfortunately Iā€™m juggling several projects, the biggest is renovating one of my apartments that Iā€™m trying to get rented out before I go broke!

Today I am pleased to announce the release of ArloPilot 1.4 with virtual camera tiles and support for displaying camera preview images in HousePanel & ActionTiles. This release incorporates a new virtual camera tile device. Itā€™s sole purpose right now is to display a carousel tile with the last 10 still images captured by an Arlo camera.

You can then enable external (oAuth) access to enable an internet accessible URL which can be used to display the last captured image in either HousePanel or ActionTiles.

To install this update from v1.3:

1. Update smartapps/shackrat/arlopilot.src/arlopilot.groovy
  2. Install devicetypes/shackrat/arlopilotcameratile.src/arlopilotcameratile.groovy

I will update the documentation and answer any questions that are outstanding later this evening.

6 Likes

@SteveWhite - Excellent! Any chance you can answer some of my questions related to cameras being active or inactive and triggering based upon mode changes?

I got your camera tile DTHā€™S up and running! This is excellent. I like having the Snapshots in my smarttiles nowšŸ˜€

Is it possible that you may have forgotten to push tiles file?

Ok, Iā€™ve updated the first post with instructions on the new virtual camera tiles features as well as how to enable external access.

Make sure you follow steps 8-10 above:

1. Go to ā€œMy Device Handlersā€.
  2. Click ā€œUpdate from Repoā€ and select ā€œSmartThings-by-Shackratā€
  3. Under ā€œNew (only in GitHub)ā€, check the following:
    devicetypes/shackrat/arlopilotcameratile.src/arlopilotcameratile.groovy

Also, make sure youā€™ve connected ArloPilot to at least one Arlo device (base station) or Arlo-Q camera. If no cameras are connected to ArloPilot, the option to create a virtual camera tile device will not appear.

Its getting late here so Iā€™ll respond to the remaining questions tomorrow.

Steve

@SteveWhite ever since the update, my virtual switch to change arlo mode isnā€™t workingā€¦ worked fine up to that point. No changes On my end.ā€” I still got the notification created within that specific rule that the arlo Mode changed, but it didnā€™t change.

EDIT: also getting very lengthy video clips. upwards of 20 minutes 40 minutes and I had That was 1 hour and 20 minutes too. Nothing is changed on my end.

I am getting this error consistently:
Caught exception [groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized] while attempting to retreive the device list.

I had the app working correctly until this morning
I can Login in the app but when I try to get the device list I only got a blank page and this error in debug.

More detailed logging:
4090e878-e5b2-4384-9ab2-25cf35c59d61 14:20:53: debug Version check returned from cache 1.4.
4090e878-e5b2-4384-9ab2-25cf35c59d61 14:20:53: warn testArloLogin() returned false
4090e878-e5b2-4384-9ab2-25cf35c59d61 14:20:53: error Failed to login to the Arlo cloud - java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out. The response received was: null.
4090e878-e5b2-4384-9ab2-25cf35c59d61 14:20:38: error Caught exception [groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized] while attempting to retreive the device list.
4090e878-e5b2-4384-9ab2-25cf35c59d61 14:20:38: error Caught exception [groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized] while attempting to retreive the device list.
4090e878-e5b2-4384-9ab2-25cf35c59d61 14:20:28: error Caught exception [groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized] while attempting to retreive the device list.
4090e878-e5b2-4384-9ab2-25cf35c59d61 14:20:28: error Caught exception [java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out] while attempting to retreive the device list.
4090e878-e5b2-4384-9ab2-25cf35c59d61 14:20:22: debug Version check returned from cache 1.4.
4090e878-e5b2-4384-9ab2-25cf35c59d61 14:20:22: debug Retrieved authentication token, ā€œhiddenā€

This is happening after the latest update for the tiles.

EDIT: http://downdetector.com/status/arlo
Arlo service is having problems right now, I will check later if it is solved.

Maybe we broke the Arlo cloud with @SteveWhite app update!!

1 Like

It does look like the Arlo cloud is certainly having an issue. Iā€™ll look into the troubleshooting the reported issues when itā€™s back up. I have also seen some weird issues when enabling oAuth on an established SmartApp, but until the Arlo cloud is back up I do not recommend doing anything at this point.

Once the arlo cloud is fixed, Iā€™m gonna check and see if my virtual switches can still switch the modes. Maybe that was the issue. Maybe it wasnt your new update.

I hope thatā€™s the case, I havenā€™t touched that code in 1.4.

Sounds like Netgear is doing a major upgrade, assuming theyā€™re telling the truth. At least according to this Arlo community discussion on the outage.

Are the camera tiles working for anyone else in ActionTiles? It may be the recent Arlo issues, but I cannot get them to load. I have allowed OAuth in the smart app as well.

All is good now. No issues. Thanks steve

I am using an old version of actiontiles. Actually my version is called Smarttiles, so I donā€™t know if your screen looks like thisā€¦but I went to video streamsā€¦

The stop motion video streamsā€¦

Then gave it a name and copied the URL in the appropriate box.

1 Like