[OBSOLETE] ArloPilot - Enhanced Arlo System Integration

@SteveWhite, something going on with the hosting?

Iā€™m experiencing the same thing, force uninstalled it but now canā€™t reinstallā€¦

I tried to install a new camera and had similar issues but excused them as a compatibility issue with the Arlo baby cam. Glad to know itā€™s not just me.

Anyone figure out the cause?

When I click on the app Arlopilot in SmartThings, it just gives me the spinning black wheel and never opens. But the funny thing is, that the automation that I set up to change the Arlo mode still works.

I use a virtual switch that turns on when I leave the house and off when I arrive to change the Arlo mode. I can confirm by going into the Arlo app and checking my arlo mode that it still works.

Apparently arlopilot is still working, itā€™s just inaccessible for me. I canā€™t get in the app to edit anything.

I am no expert by any means but I just commented out line 1866 and it is working again. Looks like from line 1866 down is what checks for the latest version at the web address that is not working anymore.
Just add /** before private getAppVersion(){1.5} on line 1866 and then add */ on line 1896 save and publish.

4 Likes

That worked for me as well. Thank you! Hopefully we can remove that later when it is working again.

1 Like

Had issue with the app not opening. Used sir_galahadā€™s fix above and it is back working.

Thanks Sir Galahad. Worked like a treat :):grinning:

Really missed ArloPilot when it stopped working.

Thank you Sir Galahad, up and running againā€¦

This worked for me, good stuff!

Owner hasnā€™t paid his Google API billā€¦ Can we get a zip file with the json file? this seems like a flawed dependency as it stands.

<Error>

<Code>UserProjectAccountProblem</Code>

<Message>User project billing account not in good standing.</Message>

<Details>

The billing account for project 1070783070122 is disabled in state closed

</Details>

</Error>

groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Forbidden @line 1796 (getLatestVersion)

This is forever the problem with community-built Smart Apps. Theyā€™re dependent on maintenance by the community, if not the original developer.

Thanks for your tip, it works.

easy fix, thanks

I know it doesnā€™t seem the original developer is still involved with this project anymore unfortunately but does anyone still maintain this code? Iā€™d stopped using it for mode management and switched over to IFTTT and webCoRE but still liked the camera tile feature. However Iā€™ve changed my Arlo password and need to update it in smartapp. Problem is I canā€™t even open the smartapp. All I get is this and then nothing. Force closing SmartThings app does nothing. No matter what I canā€™t get into smartapp.

I think Steve has moved to the hubitat platform. If you read the directions in the thread there are a few fixes that have been identified and that should get it back in a running state. I have a fork to add ADT Smartthings panel integration and I have been applying fixes as they are found.

@GRClark

I had the same issue. The IDE log was showing an error on line 1881 of the code when it attempts to get latest version. I removed the section and it appears to be working. I hope this helps you out.

I removed this code from the SmartApp in the IDE:

private getAppVersion(){1.5}

private getVersionCheck()
{
return latestVersion > appVersion ? true : false
}

private getLatestVersion()
{
if (state.lastVersionCheck && state.lastVersionCheck + 172800000 > now())
{
logDebug ā€œVersion check returned from cache ${state.latestVersion}.ā€
return state.latestVersion.toDouble()
}

httpGet(
	[
		uri:	"https://storage.googleapis.com",
		path:	"/arlopilot/arlopilot_latest_version.json"
	]
){jsonResponse ->
	if (jsonResponse.responseData?.version)
	{
		logDebug "Version check returned ${jsonResponse.responseData.version}."
		state.latestVersion = jsonResponse.responseData.version
		state.lastVersionCheck = now()
	}
}
return state.latestVersion.toDouble()

}

2 Likes

Just an FYI anyone who has the arlo wireless original HD 4 CR123 battery cameras you no longer need batteries look closely at open of the battery door theres a white rubber piece that actually blends quite well with the camera take something and pop the rubber piece out and run the camera on straight power using a micro usb cord

5 Likes

Make sure it is a 1 amp power supply or better. There are issues with less than that causing the camera to go offline after itā€™s been in use for a while.

1 Like