[OBSOLETE] ArloPilot - Enhanced Arlo System Integration

Ok. This may have been answered already. I tried to follow all of these.
What I have is a SmartThings button. When pressed I want to start recording on my Arlo camera and then record for say 5 mins and then have it stop.
I cannot figure out if this app will let me do that. I see that it will turn ON the camera but I can’t see how to get it to start the recording or stop the recording?
Please help.

Arlo pilot won’t initiate a recording. It simply helps control the arlo cloud mode based from certain conditions in smartthings.

To trigger an actual recording is a different animal, but has been done by a few folks. I believe further up in this thread it was discussed some. One limitation would be the recording time would be limited to 120 seconds or 2 minutes.

@jeffleusch

I just added a tool that may do what you are asking. Look at Arlo Triger Record from my repo. I just created that and it may do what you are asking.

did you ever get passed the false showing up when going to the url? I can’t figure it out at all

Yes. For me it was finding an error in the installation instructions…use the path indicated in the “Github Integration” section, not from the “copy/paste” section. At least that resolved my issue. It has worked perfectly since then.

1 Like

appears I didn’t have the DTH installed, probably wasn’t there when I originally set this up when it was released, i’ll give it a go, at least your comment made me doublecheck, cheers.

ok i’m still getting the false when I view in external browser
update: been watching the logs, seems it made a virtual camera device for 2 of my 4 cameras now and the image works, just need the other two to smarten up lol.

I can’t for the life of me get this to work. I have arlo pro 2 setup. Using the classic app. Followed the github instructions multiple times. When I go to live logging I see “ArloPilot Initialized.” I don’t see any options beyond the initial setup screen anywhere. Am I blind or dumb? Maybe both?

Thank you. It worked perfectly.

I cannot get passed the camera stills false problem. I have tried everything I can imagine include things mentioned above.

Installed fine. I have 4 cameras, 2 x Arlo Q and 2 x Arlo Q Plus. Detects the Arlo Q cameras fine but no joy with the Arlo Q Plus cameras, any ideas ?

What did you do different?

@SteveWhite is there a way to add time stamp to camera tile? Just noticed you can scroll left/right through pictures but have no idea when those pictures were taken.

1 Like

I would like to start by saying thank you for all this hard work… This integration is truly phenomenal. I am however having an issue I thought I’d put out here and ask what your suggestion is.

The issue I had was with the camera tiles… So I got it all set up and everything seemed to be working great but then the images just stopped updating on the URL link. They were updated on the small images in front of the 4 cameras but then when clicking into the link it stopped updating. I tried turning off the external links and resetting the token but the links actually never updated despite this. Any ideas?

Thank you again for your time and have work

@Kmbw5071

Remember that those images will open in a browser. The browser just looks at the name to see if it already has the image and since the name does bot change you may need to click the refresh button.

There is also the possibility that smartthings hasn’t refreshed it yet. I believe the default for ST is 5 min between checks.

Hi
First of all thanks for the great work. This app is brilliant and vastly improved the Arlo / Smartthing integration.
Set up and been using for months and this has been rock solid untill now. I can’t configure the app / no longer loads. See the attached error. Any ideas?

Also tried installing for the first time last night and can’t get it to install… Retried 3-4 times thinking it was something I did wrong. but then I tried going to one of the links inside the code and got this message:

https://storage.googleapis.com/arlopilot/arlopilot_latest_version.json
User project billing account not in good standing.
The billing account for project 1070783070122 is disabled in state closed

Might have something to do with it.

I had the app working for a few weeks. Was still ironing out the details but had it pretty much setup and working the way I wanted it to. On 2/2 I noticed some weird activities with my arlo notifications and went to go troubleshoot the issue. My Arlo pilot app is not working any more, every time i try to open or reload i get a error. I tried reinstall multiple times and the issue remains. Here are the issues i’m experiencing

There used to be photos next to the app info and now it shows broken photo links.

[quote=“hlymn231, post:386, topic:117581, full:true”]

Looks like some bad juju with Amazon, looking at the error from the png files hosted out there.

<Error>
<Code>UserProjectAccountProblem</Code> 
<Message>User project billing account not in good standing.</Message> 
<Details>
The billing account for project 1070783070122 is disabled in state closed
</Details>
</Error>