[OBSOLETE] ArloPilot - Enhanced Arlo System Integration

You’ll see the formatting change when you add the //

2 Likes

Just before it.

ok thanks a bunch…i’m glad someone on this thread knows how to read and edit code…By the way, do you know what’s up with @SteveWhite ? He hasn’t been on the forums in awhile…

Thanks again.

No problem. Did that fix it for you?

And no, not sure what’s up with him. Likely real life keeping him busy. :slight_smile:

I like the idea of “commenting it out” so it remains there in case of future changes/needs.

That worked…thank you…Happy 4 year forum anniversary by the way.

1 Like

Thanks evanbeek. Commenting out worked like a charm

1 Like

Yikes. Has it been 4 years? Man, time flies.

Hi,

I tried to comment out the code in IDE. Saved and published but it still doesn’t work. Do I need to reboot the SmartThings hub?

FYI, i get the following in the logs.

6dd1a18a-9e16-4bd8-bde3-82e764f687ed 2:43:01 PM: warn Mode Change Events are Disabled!

Ryan

Shouldn’t have to reboot anything. I’m not sure how your system is configured, but that sounds like you have something disabled in ArloPilot. I have mode change events enabled in the settings and use those events to change Arlo modes.

My IOS version of the classic SmartThings app looks different. But, yes I have been using mode automation to synchronize my Arlo modes with my SmartThings mode (if SmartThings is in the home mode, Arlo will be disarmed; if SmartThings is in Away/night mode, Arlo will be armed). It has worked like a charm until the last two days.

So I tried to put your fix into the code. And for some reason it still doesn’t work.

!

I figured out a hack/workaround.

Instead of synching modes between ST and Arlo, I used the Trigger Arlo modes.

Created a virtual switch to turn on when ST changes to certain modes and this will trigger Arlo to corresponding modes.

This fixed it for me. Thank you!

1 Like

That’s odd. I’m glad you found a workaround, but if it was working previously, you shouldn’t have had to do that. The change that I outlined above simply removes a parameter from the mode change call that Arlo started erroring on.

Looking in the app code, the message that you noted above Mode Change Events are Disabled! should only happen if the mode change option is switched off. I’ve seen some options get out of sync in ST, so might be worth turning it off and back on just to make sure it’s all set properly (if you want to try and switch back to mode triggers).

Otherwise, if it’s working for you now, might as well leave it until it breaks and try and fix it then. :slight_smile:

Thank you SO much @evanbeek for your diligent work determining an interim fix here. I have been banging my head against the wall for weeks trying to patch together my own fix, and after I commented out that line…poof! Like magic it began working again :slight_smile:. Much appreciated man!

1 Like

@evanbeek thank you for your help, you saved me a bunch of time. I commented out the code and got things working with the “Connected to SHM” mode. I could not get “Mode Automation Management” to work.

Does anyone know if any work (code available) is being done for the New Version of Smart Home Monitor?

1 Like

Just getting into the url shortcuts for the cameras for actiontiles and when I load the link into the browser the only word on the screen is false, anyone got through this?

Does ArloPilot support first generation Arlo cameras (Arlo Wirefree)? When I load the app in SmartThings it locates the Hub but it does not discover Arlo Cameras. The cameras listed on app page include “Arlo Pro / Pro 2 Cameras”. I’m assuming then the Wirefree are not supported since they are not listed. Has anyone got ArloPilot to work with those cameras?

I have arlo and arlo pro setup yes

Any ideas why the cameras aren’t discovered?

No sorry, always worked from the get go for mine. Sorry I can’t be of any help tho but at least you know it’s possible.