[OBSOLETE] ArloPilot - Enhanced Arlo System Integration

If the Arlo is off will the screenshot just stay on the last screenshot taken? I use Webcore to turn my Arlo’s on and off depending on presence.

That is what I have experienced

Well that might change the way I do things. I have it turn on and record on motion to save battery but might need a piston to update the photo every hour.

I think there are some community apps that do it. There may even be a ifttt item for it.

Why do you feel you need a new image if nothing has changed? I would think based on motion would be good. I just setup the external tiles in arlopilot and so far it had been pretty good with working just within just motions activations

No real reason other than it is really unsettling to have the same image on AT. Again, my Arlo’s are off during certain conditions so the image doesn’t change a ton. But I get what your saying.

I am able to control Arlo modes via SHM. Is Device Automation Management not available once SHM is connected???

With SHM working Trigger Arlo Modes just says “Something’s Wrong”

Does ArloPilot allow you to change the modes of the Arlo Baby Monitor? This camera has it’s own modes and I want to be able to change those independant of the Primary Base Mode being changed.

I have been using Arlopilot to change modes for a while now using a virtual switch and webcore… anyone having issues getting the arlo mode to change recently? I started having problems today.

I went over to the Arlo community website to see if there are any grumblings about recent firmware updates but didn’t see anything.

I actually just checked my cameras and none of them changed mode when I left the house this morning.
Trying to manually change the mode via the Arlopilot smartapp didn’t work either

Ok. So it’s not just me. I Wonder if it has something to do with the firmware update on Thursday for the Smartthings hub.

Looks like I am in the same boat with modes not changing since firmware update.

@SteveWhite. Is there anything that we can do to help fix this? Do you know if it’s related to the firmware update on 10/11/18? @Brad_ST

ArloPilot is throwing an exception.

Caught exception [java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'data' on null object] while attempting to set mode.

I’ll dig a little this afternoon and see if there’s a quick fix.

2 Likes

I made this small app that captures a quick video feed on every Mode Change because I initially thought the same way you did. However, after a few weeks I realized it didn’t matter… because if nothing triggered the cameras… there wasn’t anything important to see… so I’d rather have the extra battery life than the updated thumbnail. :slight_smile:

I’m going back to using stringify to arm and disarm my arlo hub. At least until arlo Pilot is fixed!:pray::pray:

Yep… Same boat here as well. Arlo Pilot seems to have stopped after the update for me

Quick fix for those that have a system unable to switch Arlo modes, here’s a solution until an official fix is out.

In the dev portal, in your “My SmartApps” section, in the ArloPilot Service Manager code (shackrat : ArloPilot), comment out line 1211 (add // to the beginning of the text on that line), save and publish. (See image below for what the updated code state should look like.)

Something appears to have changed on the Arlo side and including that param throws an error that prevents the mode switch from happening. With that commented out, all seems to work as expected.

Example

6 Likes

What do you what do you mean by “comment out”?

Is that lingo for just delete that whole line?

Sorry about that. Yes, deleting the line works. I prefer to leave it there for reference so a //at the beginning of it as in my example will just make the system think it is a comment instead of code.

so put // before it and // after it?

or just before it?