[OBSOLETE] ArloPilot - Enhanced Arlo System Integration

I am using the standard mode and have the SHM changing the modes.

Thank You.

Please excuse any typos.

Case sensitive appears to have fixed it. I had to reset the mode selection options after the case sensitive change, but after that itā€™s all good. Thanks for the help and to the developer.

Try to create a new mode in arlo for disarm. Then use the new mode name in arlopilot. Test to see if that works. Keep in mind, the mode name is case sensitive.

I dont think it is the mode name, as sometimes the disarm works properly.

@SteveWhite. Would it be possible-- the next update-- to add the ability to select which user (from my contact book) gets the push notifications?

Some other 3rd party smartapps do that. Like this:

Thank you!!

Hi rifraf650. It seems like I am one step behind and stuck. Can you provide instructions on how to add arlopilot to a camera? I have three cameras and it shows that it is connected in the arlopilot smartapp, but when i look at the camera in my things, the arlopilot smartapp doesnt show it is installed.

@SteveWhite - The paypal donate page in the SmartApp wont work for me - ST app crashes when I try and sign-in to PayPal - can you please provide donate link?

Second question - Does anyone know how I might instruct Arlo to take periodic snapshots to the Arlo library or elsewhere - wether via SmartThings directly or WebCore?

1 Like

I donā€™t know if anyone else has noticed this, but the last time @SteveWhite commented in this thread was March 9th when he announced version 1.5. Since then all of our questions have gone unanswered.

Not sure if he is actively working on this or not, but I wouldnā€™t expect too much until if/when he chimes in.

1 Like

Iā€™ve installed ArloPilot, then switched from Arlo to Arlo Pro. Now, my devices donā€™t appear within ArloPilot (but my credentials are correct, and they are otherwise recognized by ST). How do I refresh the app so the camera get recognized again?

Anyway to get ST SHM alerts to record less than 30 seconds?

Did you go into arlopilot and setup your new cameras?

1 Like

I have created a fork of Arlo pilot that has updated code for the ADT Smart things panel. It will allow integration with the ADT Panel. Just configure it as if ADT was SHM and it will work fine. I have been using it for about 6 months since I got the Panel and start working on the ADT Tools smart App.

The forked repo is at owner ā€œMavrrickā€ with the repo remaining " SmartThings-by-Shackrat". This will only be helpful if you have a ADT system though. Only the main arlo pilot app as actually change to enable this functionality.

@eric182 The ability to use contact lists was actually removed recently so likely has started to fail in your other apps. It was never an officially support feature appearently.

@jileZ014 The app wonā€™t show linked to your camera. It appears Arlo Pilot does all of its activity to the Arlo Cloud and not to your local device through the smartthings integration. It is actually a pretty awesome way to bring non Smartthings functions to the table. You need to make sure you have the modes configured properly through the Arlo cloud, and then setup the modes properly in the Arlo Pilot application. If the camera is not showing in the Arlo Pilot app I would suggest you go back and go back through the Connect to Arlo step and then make sure your new camera is marked as connected from the ā€œArlo Device Managementā€ option in the smart app setup

@pmjoen I would suggest you try setting up a custom mode for the disarmed state you want. I would suspect there is something wonky with trying to use non custom modes.

Hi, wondering if this is possible with ArloPilot, and if so, how I would do it? Iā€™ve searched and havenā€™t found anything easy enough for me to follow or wrap my head around.

I want to use geofencing:
-when away, use schedule
-when home, disarm
-when home and between 11pm and 8am, use schedule. In the native Arlo app, this doesnā€™t seem possible. Is it possible with ArloPilot? Thanks much.

I would expect you can do something with smartthings that will accomplish what you are asking. Just not exactly clear on what you are asking exactly for it to do based on your post.

Sorry for the lack of clarity. I want to use geofencing so that for the most part, when I am home the cameras are off. However, during the middle of the night (11pm to 8am) even though I am home, I want the cameras on (to record burglars, monsters, etc). I dont think this is possible with Smartthings. Hopefully that helps. Thanks,

You can do this natively with ST. Arlo cameras have a switch capability that is exposed. Just leave Arlo in armed mode 24/7 and use routines or smart lighting in ST to turn individual cameras on or off to your preferences.

Works well for me.

1 Like

Thanks @greg . I noticed there is a mode in Arlo called Smartthings - are you saying I shouldnt use that mode but instead armed?

That is what I do. Iā€™m sure there are multiple ways to accomplish it though.

Therea are two houses of thought: 1. As Greg mentions, donā€™t do any setup in the Arlo cloud and do everything from Smarthings. 2. Manage the way the Arloā€™s work within the Arlo cloud and donā€™t do it from Smarththings except with a Smartapp like Arlo Pilot.

Both methods are valid and both have there pros and cons. The biggest issue with doing everything through smartthings native functions is that there are some significant limitations. One good example is the fact you donā€™t get the ability to manage notifications from the arlo cloud. This can be a problem if y ou want to use the cameras for motion detection and not get blown up with notifications in some cases, but want when not home want to use them to trigger notifications for security.

Arlopilot which is what i use allows you various ways to link Arlo modes to certain things in Smartthings. In my case I have seperate modes for Armed/Stay and Armed/Away.

Again neither is right or wrong, just different proā€™s and cons.

2 Likes

You my want to look at Smart Home Monitor as well