Release Android App 1.7.39-24 [v3]

which smartapp can you not access?

Kodi manager CBs, logitech Harmony connect,sharp tools, webcore. The only one that works is SHM

logitech should work, webcore should work but it can not control arm/disarm yet for STHM

tagging @joshua_lyon for sharp tools

It’s never worked since day 1 so I went back to the classic app. I figured things should be fixed by now but that doesn’t seem to be the case for me. Maybe I need a fresh start on my ide and app?

I would not go that far at this point. can you explain what is happening? can you not open them or is there an error?

for me, I can open logitech connect and the screen basically looks like the classic and it searches for harmony activities, etc. the webcore screens are the same

Processing then hangs. I just did a clean install of the app.

I’d recommend contacting ST support. Perhaps they can resolve it from their end. it might simply be a data sync issue

1 Like

Smartthings says no custom device handlers or smartapps are supported and I need to delete everything before they will escalate. It sounds like there is nothing they can do on their end.

Do not delete anything. This one is not a custom app. Hopefully @Brad_ST will be able to assist when he is able to. He will post a message informing you.

1 Like

You didn’t tell us what phone you have, what Android version you are running and what is the current app version that you’ve installed.

I believe he posted on the webcore forum that he resolved the issue :slight_smile: it had to do with the removal of the address contacts which I never would have thought of

1 Like

Oneplus 6T, android 10, smarthings app 1.7.40-21. It’s been happening since the new app (I’ve been through multiple phones and android versions)was first available almost a year ago or more. I thought it would be fixed by now so I decided to try switching to the new app instead of classic.

Actually they just started to support from the new app the SmartApps. And having custom or not custom device handlers, that shouldn’t make any difference for the app. Device handlers with some capabilities are recognized by the new app and they can be controlled from it. Others will just not load due to the missing device plugins.

That’s what I thought about the device handlers. I deleted my smartapps and tried adding them but that’s not working. My guess since I was an early adopter something got messed up. I’m afraid my only option will be to delete my whole samsung account and start over but we’ll see what happens.

Are you still using a v1 Hub?

Anyhow, it shouldn’t be that complicated. Is the Smartthings app has all the required privileges on your phone? That can cause issues with many apps.
On my phone most of the menus works only on second tries now. I click on SmartApps and nothing, then I go back and click again and they show up.

But what is your real reason, why do you want to change to the new app now? If it is not working for you now, then stay with the Classic app. That still works.

I have the time now to deal with the switch to then new app. I’m trying to avoid running into issues like i’m experiencing because I’m using an older app.

What issues do you have with the classic app? There is a lot of things which are still not solved with the new app, as custom device handlers are mostly incompatible. Of course, if you have everything WWST, then no problem. :wink:

This is making me anxious about the future of using SmartThings, the new app just doesn’t have the tools we need to troubleshoot some things on our own. No ide logs, no way to tell what apps use a particular device. I didn’t even try to see what kind of Z-Wave repair logs I get. In the Classic, I would have said go check your logs and see if the app throws an error when you try to open it, but you cannot do that in the new app.

@mow4cash Are you still having an issue?

1 Like