[RELEASE] An alternative multipurpose Visonic Door/Window Sensors DTH + sensor modification instructions

Hi Bigjjj

It looks logical to me. The followings will have the same status as the sensor is closed.

“on” in switch
"delected" in Smoke Detector
"clear" in Smoke Detector Closed as Clear

Just try only 1.05, since some of the logic in 1.02 may not be correct.
One possiblity is the original status is not correct, then when you change function, the wrong status will carry over.
One way to clear it out is to make the sensor open and close physically once. It should show the right status.
By physically, I mean use some conducting wire to short the two ends of the sensors wires to make it close and remove the conducting wire to make it open.

Hi pakmanwg,
You were correct, the smoke detector sensor seemed to be locked into an old state. I cleared the state and switched it back to “smoke detector” and it works great.

I setup a new sensor as “switch” and it reports perfectly. Also Actiontiles does see it as a switch and I am able to choose from the different icons that they provide.

Everything is working exactly as expected! :grinning:

Thank you for all of your efforts.

Bigjjj

Great to hear. Enjoy.

@pakmanwg …Phenomenal work!! I bought a bunch of these on sale for $10 and had extras for just this type of thing. I used your instructions for the moisture sensor, functionality is perfect. I have a smoke detector relay on the way and can’t wait to get that running next. Thank you!

Hi AMC,
Great to hear that. Good luck with your smoke detector.

Just wondering what people think about this. For the leak/water sensor mod, would it be better, or make sense, to solder wires onto those two points? I’m just thinking that water will hit the bottom of the device and go in the holes and ruin it. With the wires, the device could be put out of harms way with just the wires down in the water.

1 Like

Yes, I kind of agree it will be better with the wire if you can place the device higher and only the wire touching the floor. But the mod will involve soldering as oppose to the original mod which doesn’t.
I did have several occasions that the device was immersed in water, the device seem to survive without any issue. It will be your preferences.

Have you ever tried adding AA/AAA batteries to these sensors?

1 Like

I soldered my wires as those 2 points are too short anyway. Used a sold 18/2 thermostat cable

Does anyone know if these mods can be done with other similar sensors as well? Like SmartThings’ own door/temp sensor?

@pakmanwg Is it possible to update the DH so that the default sensor function is contact sensor? (avoiding the situation when ST changes DH automatically to secondary applicable DH. Currently if u dont select the sensor function manually in settings, the sensor is useless.)

Hi sumya
The contact sensor is the default settings. Did you see somethings like this when you get into the device in the app

If not, what do you see?

I see that but in the settings->sensor function is blank, when the DH switches. Unless I select “contact sensor” in settings->sensor function, it does not provide notification.

Hi sumya

You are right. I fixed it and uploaded new version V01.07. Try it out to see if you still have issues.

Ok great. will try and let u know if there are any issues.

@pakmanwg can you add CO Detector to the list of available functions in the DTH?

I a couple of interconnected Kidde combination Smoke & Carbon Monoxide detectors that are hard-wired. I was planning wiring both the SM120x smoke relay and the CO120x carbon monoxide relay to the combo detectors, then wire each of the relays to a separate Visonic sensor. That way one sensor can report on smoke an the other sensor can report on CO.

Hi

I uploaded a new version which support CO Detector, v01.08, try it out and let me know if there is problem.

1 Like

These devices just went on sale again for $12. I was thinking about trying a couple as leak sensors. I went to look up the instructions, and all of the images aren’t working correctly on github. The pages just have the broken image box, and clicking on the files themselves just shows the file names.

I don’t seem to have problem myself. I can see all the images.
Can you try to see if you have the same problem with other device handler from other people in github?
e.g. Sonoff SV device handler?

Sorry, apparently it’s my work filter. Github completely works except for images on raw.githubusercontent.com. And since our network people are completely incompetent, it just fails instead of giving a blocked page or anything.

1 Like