[RELEASE] Amcrest IPM-721 & IP2M-841 LIVE Video/PTZ/Night Vision/Motion/Video Record/+More IP Camera DTH

My DH (Device Handler) is the “Amcrest Camera” (see post 1 of this thread for screen captures, although they may not be up-to-date).

Post a screen capture of the screen you are using to try to view live streaming on your camera so that I can see where you are within SmartThings.

I see the issue… so if i go under my devices and to the amcrest camera.

If you look under “InHomeURL” you see the url there…

but if you go to “OutHomeURL” you dont see anything there… this only happens if i use my ISP ip address…and I try to access away from home. If I change it to use my LAN ip address for the cam and im connected to my wifi it works.

{
“OutHomeURL”: “”,
“InHomeURL”: “rtsp://user:password@99.182.41.xxx:5554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0”,
“ThumbnailURL”: “http://cdn.device-icons.smartthings.com/camera/dlink-indoor@2x.png”,
“cookie”: {
“key”: “key”,
“value”: “value”
}
}

While you are correct that the “OutHomeURL” should be set if you are using a public IP, it should not be “”. Using a public IP should cause the uri to be put in place, so you have found a bug!

I will take a look…

Thx!

@aviston_harris, can you update your local copy of my DH and let me know if that fixed the problem? I do not have the ability to test access with a public IP at the moment but I made a change that should fix the issue.

Just to be clear, you are not using a DDNS but rather you are actually typing in the public IP in the “Hostname or IP Address” parameter, correct?

Let me know if that solved the issue.

Thx

Hi.

That worked!

The use of all PTZ controls don’t work though.

:thumbsup:

Okay… refresh my memory… what model of the Amcrest cameras are you running? Is it more than 1 (i.e. an NVR setup)?

Also, what do you have in the configuration values for Camera Channel?

Hi,

I have the Amcrest Amcrest ProHD 1080p Wi-Fi Wireless IP Security Camera 1920TVL and IP2M-841

{
“OutHomeURL”: “rtsp://user:pass@99.182.41.xxx:55554/cam/realmonitor?channel=0&subtype=0”,
“InHomeURL”: “rtsp://user:pass@99.182.41.xxx5:5554/cam/realmonitor?channel=0&subtype=0”,
“ThumbnailURL”: “http://cdn.device-icons.smartthings.com/camera/dlink-indoor@2x.png”,
“cookie”: {
“key”: “key”,
“value”: “value”
}
}

i have only one camera

Okay, but what about the camera configuration setting? What do you have set for Port and Camera Channel??

Turn on the Camera Debug Mode in the configuration parameters, then go to the Live Logging in the IDE to capture the debug output, then select the “<” or “>” icons in the DH so that the camera tries to pan left or right so that I can see what is happening.

I have a IP2-841W with your installed DH. I configured everything per the instructions but I currently get no live stream. I played with the ports, video channels, mjpeg and rtsp. Which logs can I provide that would assist in troubleshooting my issue?

Turn on the Camera Debug Mode in the configuration, go into the Live Logging option in the IDE, take a snapshot in the DH and capture the logging for that, then select the video streaming “play” function and capture that output as well (try to get both MJPEG and RTSP) modes captured.

Remove any person info and paste the results in the thread and I will try to help.

Device configuration

I can only post 1 image at a time. Logs will come below.

MJPEG Log. I have tried this on ports 80 and 3777. Camera video is set to encode in MJPEG

RTSP Log

The port should be 80, normally.

Can you post the log of a snapshot so that I can see things working?

Here is my snapshot log. Port is set to 80 video/channel are 1. thanks for looking.

Did you actually receive a snapshot? Do any of the PTZ functions work?

Also, try changing the Camera Channel to 0 and leave the Video Channel as 1. Unless you went out of your way to configure the camera differently using the Amcrest config tool, the camera channel should be 0.

I am not receiving any snapshot and my ptz is not moving. I changed the camera to 0 and video to one but no change in streaming/snapshot.

Is there a specific firmware I need to upgrade to? I am running version 2.420.AC00.11R

Okay, so this is not a “video streaming is not working” issue. This is a “my entire configuration is not working” issue.

I can’t help if I can’t see what is going on. Get the logs for both PTZ requests and snapshot requests so I can see what is going on.

The firmware is likely not the cause of this. Something in your setup is not allowing this to work. Can you control the PTZ and video with the Amcrest Web View program??

Here is a log of taking a snapshot and running a left turn on the PTZ. Also I noticed on my amcrest software I only have the option for channel 1 video.