[RELEASE] Amcrest IPM-721 & IP2M-841 LIVE Video/PTZ/Night Vision/Motion/Video Record/+More IP Camera DTH

Well that fixed it. Thanks for your help. You can add this model to your list.

Hello, will this camera work with your DTH? IP2M-844E

Thx for the confirmation. Enjoy!

Yes, my DTH will work with your camera.

Sorry, will it work with this one, P2M-842W? That is the one I really want.

It will work for both, so dealer’s choice. :smiley:

awesome, thank you.

Have you used your amcrest with Smarttiles? Do they work?

Yes, I have in the past and it works… but I got tired of the login-in-again issue so I stopped using it.

You don’t happen to remember what the correct url was do you?

You need to set it up in SmartTiles, but it was:

http://–your IP–/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?channel=0&subtype=0

Now I have 2 entries for Amcrest Camera in my handlers page. Yet the device page with the pulldown opened up does not show an “Amcrest Camera”. Not sure what is wrong here. The direct code one is colored brown and the github one is purple if that’s any help.

I would try deleting both entries in your IDE and try adding it back again. If that does not work, you may need to contact customer support.

I have never had this issue happen to me so I am unable to offer advice on what this means or how to fix it. :confused:

Just to be crystal clear, I’ve never coded in groovy before…that said, in order to use multiple cameras from external IP addresses with RTSP, isn’t a small change all that’s required?

Again, I’m not a programmer and know enough to be dangerous (aka VB and a little java), but would this fix the issue?

Line 85 add: input(“camRTSP”, “string”, title:“RTSP Port”, description: “Enter the RTSP Port Number (usually 554)”, required: true, displayDuringSetup: true)

Change line 527 to: usePort = camRTSP

I only have one camera, so no use for me yet, but I’m hoping to grab a few more from Home Depot on clearance this week.

The simple (and more common) change, if you want to use a single external IP with multiple ports, would be to map each of the incoming ports to your local IP at port 554… i.e. “port forwarding”.

Also, it is not clear to me that this would even work within ST as the IP and port are used as the device ID. Also, the video streaming is handled by ST and would need to get back in to the network for the camera stream to be accessible.

p.s. Port forward is not recommended for security reasons and VPN is the best way to access your video stream securely from outside of your local network.

I’m having a problem getting the MJPEG stream to work. If I login directly to the device, works great.

If I use this and login: http://myDDNShostname:18000/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?channel=0&subtype=0 - no results
this: http://myDDNShostname:18000/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?channel=0&subtype=1 - it’s very grainy results, low res.

The fact that I’m getting results with subtype=1, seems like it’s online and the firewall, port forwarding, etc. is working fine.

Any ideas what I’m missing? Amcrest cloud works great as well…

Thanks - Eric

The DDNS name resolution is broken at the moment, so that may be the problem.

If you change the parameters to use a local IP address, does the MJPEG streaming work in the DTH?

Yep, If I use local IP it works fine, just not using the DDNS address. I see the other posts earlier mentioning this problem, but didn’t didn’t search using DDNS as the problem. I assumed it was perhaps the video channel setting (and perhaps the camera config for the primary/secondary stream) that was the problem on my end.

Thanks for the reply!

I have some time off next week so I will work on a fix for these issues… stay tuned. :smiley:

Is there any way to use CoRE to read the state of the motionStatus (motion detect on or off) for the camera? I know I can toggle the motion detect command off and on but I would like to know the current status to confirm that the motion detect state needs to be toggled or not. I’m trying to set up the camera so it only detects motion and starts recording at night or in the away mode.