[RELEASE] Amcrest IPM-721 & IP2M-841 LIVE Video/PTZ/Night Vision/Motion/Video Record/+More IP Camera DTH

falcon08, I too cant seem to find my Setting button under my My Device Handler, can you help?

Thanks

I found it. Thanks

Does this work with Amcrest model 3MP/2304TVL?

What is the actual model number?

The model is IP3M-941B

I cannot find a spec sheet on that model but if it is using the same specs as the IP3M-943B then yes, this driver should work fine.

I got the video to work with the new HD model. Had to set stream to rtsp and port 554. However the control to move the camera doesn’t work. Any suggestions?

Can you take a snapshot?

I found the spec sheet on the IP3M-941 (2K 3MP PTZ camera) and the commands are the same for PTZ, so my DTH should work.

Are you running on port 80 using a local IP?

None of the controls work including snapshot. I get video and audio using rtsp stream. . Using port 80, local ip address

Then your issue is your configuration, not the driver.

Make sure debug mode is turned on and take a look at your logs… there should be some indication that your are not getting a response from the camera or that the camera configuration is not correct.

In live logging when I press a direction key i get this error:

4:19:48 PM: error grails.validation.ValidationException: Validation Error(s) occurred during save():

• Field error in object ‘physicalgraph.device.Device’ on field ‘deviceNetworkId’: rejected value [C0A80114:0050]; codes [physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique,unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,unique.deviceNetworkId,unique.java.lang.String,unique]; arguments [deviceNetworkId,class physicalgraph.device.Device,C0A80114:0050]; default message [{0} must be unique]

It almost looks like you have 2 devices defined with the same network ID.

Go into your IDE and take a look at all of your device IDs. If you have more than 1 that has “C0A80114:0050” listed, then there is your problem.

Did you defined/install the camera more than once and forgot to delete the old version?

Hello All,

Great camera and awesome DTH!

I got it set up and working. I’ve read this whole thread several times now and I can’t quite make out if the Alarm Input/Output that is built into the camera is enabled in the DTH.

I would like to us CoRE to trigger and push notification if the alarm Input is triggered.
When setting things up in CoRE I notice that the camera can be used as a switch but I am not sure what part of the camera is being controlled by this “switch”. Is it the motion sensor?

Any who, Is this a feature that is available? I would be more than glad to test it out or try and get it to work if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Jesus

Hi, giving this a try with a 841, but on https://graph.api.smartthings.com/device/create, there’s no “Amcrest-Camera” Type. Wondering what I did wrong.

My Device Handlers shows a published Amcrest-Camera. Is that what populates the Type field on the device page?

The “Alarm” on the camera is based off of the external contacts of the camera and is not enabled in the DTH, nor could it be. The difference here is that the camera would trigger some external device when tripped. If you wanted to wire some Open/Close switch to the contacts on the camera, then use CoRE to trigger some action by the camera based on the Open/Close state change, that would certainly be possible.

Yes, you select the “Amcrest Camera” as the “Type” when creating a new device in the IDE. See the steps and pictures in post #1 of this thread.

I had an old Foscam that was using this part of the device ID ,C0A80114. I deleted it. and will test.

Ah, sorry for not being more clear. The problem is there is no “Amcrest Camera” Type in the pull down even after installing the Device Handler.

Then you either did not save it or “Publish for me” correctly, or there was a problem with it being saved.

Try signing in to your IDE again, click on “My Device Handlers” and find the “Namespace/Name” entry that says “belgarion : Amcrest Camera”.

If you do not find it, that is the problem.

If it does not say “Published” in the “Status” column, that is the problem.

If both of the above seem to be there and defined correctly, try pasting in the code from GitHub again and Save & Publish again.

Let me know if you still need help.

The Device Handlers page reports:

belgarion : Amcrest Camera dguindon/Amcrest-Camera (master) Published

But the color is purple. I can’t find any key that describes what “purple” means.
And when I go to “Update from Repo”, the code appears in the “Obsolete” column.

Just wanted to pass that along. Going to try cut/pasting the code directly now.