[RELEASE] Alarm.com Z-Wave Thermostat ADC-T2000

Does the thermostat support emergency heat? I don’t even know what that mode does. (excuse my ignorance).

Hi Eric and JW,

What device do you select in the ST to pair it? My phone doesnt seem to see thermostat…
I tried 2gig, generic z-wave device, tried searching etc…

Thank you!
Vince

If you are using the new app I believe you just click on the “Scan nearby” button and then do the inclusion process on the thermostat.

No need to select a specific device.

I tried with both apps and it doesnt find the thermostat :unamused:

During migration to the new SmartThings app, my SmartThings now has a “split unit” problem (don’t know what else to call it) - when I go to set the Thermostat temperatures in Scenes, it has Fahrenheit for cooling temp (accepts input between 32-104 F) and Celsius for heating temp (accepts input between 0-40 C). Any advice for how to troubleshoot?

Maybe it needs to be switched to heat mode and get some reports in that mode to correct itself.

That worked, thank you. I uncovered a new problem, though. Inside the new SmartThings app, I’m unable to change the Heat or Fan Modes. The options are listed but when I select a new one it attempts to make the change (spinning circle animation)… THEN nothing. Continues to list the previous Heat (or Fan) Mode.

EDIT - Error message “A network or server error occurred. Try again later”

Does it change the fan mode on the thermostat itself? If you back out of the device and go back into it does it show the correct mode.

Edit: Also, are there any error messages in the ide logging when it happens?

@erocm1231

Great work on the DH for the T2000. I having as slight problem that I’m hoping you can help me with. I’m using the new ST app and Platform with Home Assistant. All of my ZWave devices are on the ST HUB and I’ve setup ST integration with Home Assistant where it pulls all the ST data over and sets up devices to managed. Everything works except the thermostat. The thermostat shows up but there are no controls to set the temperature modes (example: Cool, Heat)

Here’s what it should show in Home Assistant.

One of the ST maintainers for helped me solve the issue before but the problem showed up again when I migrated to the new ST App and Platform.

Here’s a link to the github conversation for reference: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/23936

Please let me know what additional information is needed to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

Hello Eric -
Just checking in to see if you can help with my issue?

Thanks

I updated the device handler a while ago to add some of the commands and attributes that have been added to the thermostat capability. You need to save preferences after the device handler is updated for some attributes to be populated. It should work after that according to the article you mentioned.

Thanks Eric. Updated the handler and the commands and attributes are now visbale.

1 Like

I’ve updated the DH and can see (and control the thermostat manually) in the Smarthings app. Unfortunately I can’t add the device to any automation routines - any idea on what to try?

@erocm1231 - For additional datapoint, my existing automations continue to work with the thermostat (i.e., changing the temperature setting). However, when I click on them in the SmartThings app, all the fields are shown as “Unknown Action.”

If I attempt to create new automations in the ST app, I do NOT see the Thermostat, like @germanh

Is there a generic Z-Wave thermostat device handler that can be used? I don’t have this device anymore. You could even change the config parameters with my handler and then switch back to the generic one.