[RELEASE] Aeotec Water Sensor 6 ZW122

If you added the sensor to SmartThings prior to installing my device handler then unpair it and repair it with SmartThings.

Here’s a list of the things I’ve tried:

• I initially added the sensor before installing the device handler, but since then I’ve unpaired and repaired several times.

• I did a factory reset on the sensor more than once.

• I tried pairing in secure mode (press action button twice) , and in standard mode (action button once).

• I tried pairing & configuration on the docking station, and not on the docking station.

• I’m using the smart things classic app.

• Every time after I pair the device, I go into smart things on my PC and edit the device so type is “aeon water sensor 6”.

• I’ve attached a screenshot of my device description in Smartthings for reference.

the only time the device will entering “wake” mode to allow configuration (yellow LED flashing continuously) is when I first pair it. even then, config button on smartthings app doesn’t do anything. After the initial pairing, it does the 6 beep thing when I try to enter ‘wake’ mode.

I’ve also emailed the manufacturer to ask for a description of what the 6 beeps might be indicating and haven’t heard back. I can’t find this described in any of their literature. I’ll let you know if they come back with anything useful.

Let me know if you have any other ideas or see any issues, thanks!

I agree with Bill_B. I’ve tried the same procedures without success, config button just won’t work.

Also, I would like to see dual endpoints where each probe can trigger a different routine or device as so many others have suggested on this thread, that’s half the reason I went with this Aeotec device.

It seems like we need a version 2 of this device handler. Is Aeotec not actively supporting this device handler any more?

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.