[RELEASE] Aeotec Siren 6

The new mobile app caches the metadata for up to 12 hours.

Changing the device to a different handler and changing it back might force it to refresh immediately…

Shouldn’t it have grabbed the latest device handler if I excluded the device and reinstalled as well?

Possibly, I’m not seeing what you’ve described…with in automations…“Then” statement, I see these lines. Turn on or off, On, Off, Alarm Type, Delay this action. Under Alarm Type, I see these lines, Off, Strobe, Siren and strobe, Siren.

If you want to see the change immediately, then you need to delete and re-create the handler, otherwise just wait 12 hours…

1 Like

Ok. Thanks for confirming.

Hi Rick, did you make it work ?.. If you did it, some tips ?.. I tried but not success… Thanks my friend !

It turns out waiting 12 hours doesn’t always work either.

Try this:

1. Close the new mobile app.
  2. Take a copy of the handler, change the name, use it to create a new device handler, save, and publish.
  3. Open the device in the IDE and change its Type field to the new handler you just created.
  4. Open the device’s details screen in the new mobile app
  5. Create a new automation and see if that’s now an option when you select the device.

Hi Carlos, No I didn’t see the 12 hour solution worked. I deleted the old handler and copied the new code. It works!

1 Like

Kevin, It worked. Followed exactly. Thanks!

1 Like