[RELEASE] Aeotec Siren 6

Post the raw description shown on the device details screen.

DoorBell 6 Device Door Bell

Name DoorBell 6
Label Door Bell
Type Aeotec Doorbell 6 Button
Version Published
Device Network Id 99
Status ACTIVE
Hub SmartThings Hub
Group Hallway
Last Activity At 2019-08-12 12:59 PM EDT
Date Created 2019-08-12 12:59 PM EDT
Last Updated 2019-08-12 9:09 PM EDT
Data No data found for device
Current States * switch: off

debugOutput bool true
lightEffect enum
repeat enum 4
repeatDelay enum 4
tone enum 6
toneIntercept enum 2
volume enum 1
Execution Location Cloud
Events List Events
In Use By

and some logs

I was looking for the “raw description” because if that’s not populated then your not going to be able to get the device to work until you remove it and reboot the hub, but that’s the one thing you didn’t post.

The problem you’re having right now is caused by using the wrong handler. If both of the Aeotec Doorbell 6 handlers were installed before joining the device then ST would have assigned it the “Aeotec Doorbell 6” handler, but the type field is currently set to “Aeotec Doorbell 6 Button” which is the handler for the child button devices.

As long as the raw description is populated, changing the type to “Aeotec Doorbell 6” should solve your problem.

Sorry for the dumb question but, I’m not sure about the raw description, how do i get it?

It’s on the same screen as all the other information you posted, but I think it’s near the bottom.

Thank you Kevin.

I did remove the DH and rebooted the Hub. This is the code I am using from the aeotech site:

LINK REMOVED
Is this the correct one ?

Yes that’s the main handler and you also need to install the button handler.

Once those are installed, join the device and SmartThings should automatically assign that handler to it. If it doesn’t and the raw description is populated then you can change the type field to “Aeotec Doorbell 6”, but still post the raw description so I can compare it against the fingerprint in the handler.

Please remove that link because we’re still on the Aeotec Siren 6 topic and I don’t want to confuse users. If SmartThings didn’t automatically assign the correct handler then we should move this conversation to the Aeotec Doorbell 6 topic.

Thanks, again… Installed both, but still having the same issue.

How can we move the conversation to Aeotec Doorbell 6 topic?

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.