[OBSOLETE] Aeotec Siren 6

Did you use the Both tile to turn on the siren before changing the type to z-wave switch?

I just remembered that this device is multichannel so the basicset command is mapped to sound switch endpoint 0 so what I suggested won’t work.

If you make the change below to the code and then execute the both command it should in theory use the tone and volume settings with the z-wave switch handler, but the other settings won’t carry over.

Line 579:

soundSwitchConfigSetCmd(volume, tone, 0),

Yes on the both. The image lit up with the siren image and it did the Chimes I had set. I then did a sync for good measure, went into the IDE, and did the type change.

I’ve yet to have an opportunity to make a change to the code. No laptop handy. But I’ll let you know.

Thanks again!

Changing line 579, setting it as a Zigbee and using a smart lighting app made the device local and the execute to local AND kept my choice of chime.

Thank you very, very much.

That’s not possible, a Zigbee handler can’t communicate with a z-wave device…

Weird. It’s a ZigBee Switch right now in IDE. I just double checked. And it’s working perfectly. As soon as I open the door the aeotec Chimes.

I know you can’t hear it work. But there it is

I still have no idea how that’s possible because the zwave protocol is completely different than zigbee, but glad to hear you’re all set.

Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

The status says OFF no matter what setting i change on the Smarthings Classic app, its says it has 11 pending changes, hitting the refresh and the Sync won’t do anything…

Any idea ?

Thanks
Tim

Open live logging and save the settings.

If you see log entries about changing settings, but not the setting values then the device is not communicating with the hub so remove the device and join it again.

I removed he device and added it back, and the same thing 11 pending changes.

This is the log

7:32:39 AM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method startsWith() on null object @line 691 (isSecurityEnabled)

2e052ce7-6a67-4d95-b245-578a9bbd7893 7:32:39 AM: debug configure()…

2e052ce7-6a67-4d95-b245-578a9bbd7893 7:32:38 AM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method startsWith() on null object @line 691 (isSecurityEnabled)

2e052ce7-6a67-4d95-b245-578a9bbd7893 7:32:38 AM: debug configure()…

2e052ce7-6a67-4d95-b245-578a9bbd7893 7:32:36 AM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method startsWith() on null object @line 691 (isSecurityEnabled)

2e052ce7-6a67-4d95-b245-578a9bbd7893 7:32:36 AM: debug configure()…

2e052ce7-6a67-4d95-b245-578a9bbd7893 7:32:18 AM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method startsWith() on null object @line 691 (isSecurityEnabled)

2e052ce7-6a67-4d95-b245-578a9bbd7893 7:32:00 AM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method startsWith() on null object @line 691 (isSecurityEnabled)

7:31:52 AM: info Waiting on events…

It looks like the raw description isn’t being populated when the device is joined. Is SmartThings automatically assigning this handler or are you changing the type field?

Try removing it, holding the action button for 20 seconds, and then join it again. If that doesn’t work, try rebooting the hub.

Hello everyone. Please bear with me if I am repeating what has been previously addressed.
I am new to the world of smartthings. Recently bought a multipurpose sensore and the schlange door lock and was able to set up automation to get alerts when status is Open or Locked. (I do get the alerts on my phone)
Then I bought 2 Aeotec Siren 2 to get chime notifications when Opened
One is connected to my hub as “Aeotec Siren 6” and the other as "Z-Wave Device Multichannel
I found article on devices handlers on “https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000223183-aeotec-siren-6-with-smartthings-hub-” followed steps and now see more options in the smart things app. T then downloaded the classic paa to control levels.
My question is this:
On the app, Aeotec Siren 6 shows a power status “off”. when I click to turn on, it spins attempting to come on and then erros with the message: “A network or Server error occured. Try again later.”
when I go to automations, I edit an existing automation and click edit, an then add an action to get audio notification, I am now able to see my device. But when updated, I tested with the door open but there was no chime.
Am I doing anything wrong? Help please.

when I click on chime, I hear the chime
when I click on strobe, I see the lights
When I click on siren, I hear the siren.

Sorry I missed a step duting the setup
" Switch On Action - Configured how the “ON” button on the front interface functions."
I’ll testing later this evening again and update conversation

No the type Smartthings assigns it. Obviously, i had to select it on the drop-down menu.
One thing that stuck me is that the execution location is online/cloud where all of my other devices sensors lights and so on are local. Not sure if it makes a difference.
this is how the configs looks

If my handler is installed before the device is joined, SmartThings should automatically assign my handler which is why I believe there’s an issue with inclusion and suggested those steps. If you post the raw description I can verify that.

All custom handlers execute in the cloud.

Do you have the doorbell 6 or siren 6? If you have the doorbell you should be using my doorbell 6 handler…

Bingo!! I used the siren 6 handler.

Actually i have this product.

Is it the door bell 6 or the siren 6, its both i guess ?

Technically the hardware is the same, but they have different fingerprints which explains why it’s not getting assigned the custom handler automatically.

If it came with a button and you want to be able to configure the sounds for the button then you need to use my Aeotec Doorbell 6 handler.

You need to remove the device, install that handler, and join it again. Don’t just change the type field from siren to doorbell.

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the clarification, and that’s exactly what i did, but still no luck.