[RELEASE] Aeotec NanoMote One/Quad, Hank One/Four Button Scene Controller

Thank you!

A bit of an update and a simple workaround that I just came across by accident. I have a couple SmartButtons and those should be able to locally process commands for the lights, and they weren’t. (The Quad button can’t locally process, so it does have to have a connection to the cloud to function.) Long story, and I have another post about it, but here’s what I found. If you go to the icon for the quad button, it only shows the one button. But if you set up an automation where the Quad button triggers an action, it lets you specify which of the four buttons to use.

Hello! I have EU version of Aeotec NanoMote Quad. On the back side of case it says:

Model: ZWA003-C (868.32MHz)

in IDE I see

prod:0002

so I guess you handler could be extended with:

fingerprint mfr:“0371”, prod:“0002”, model:“0003”, deviceJoinName: “Aeotec NanoMote Quad”// ZWA003-C

to recognize this device. After pairing without this change I have ended up with some generic button device.

Edit: interestingly enough “generic button device” is “Z-Wave Multi Button” that supports EU version of Z-Wave Multi Button: https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/smartthings/zwave-multi-button.src/zwave-multi-button.groovy#L30

You can manually change the “Type” field to my handler in the IDE, but when I have a moment I’ll add the EU fingerprint. Make sure you save the settings in the classic app and wake the device up after switching to my handler.

The button/battery functionality will work with the generic handler, but it doesn’t expose any of the settings in the classic app.

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.