SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Aeotec NanoMote One/Quad, Hank One/Four Button Scene Controller

dth_remotes
scenecontroller
(Kevin) #21

What do you mean by “same button configuration”?

Every button device will use the same button numbers…

What SmartApp are you using with those buttons?

FYI, if you’re using the Button Controller app you need to install a new instance of it for each device.

0 Likes

That’s the problem – I want to use the same button numbers on different NanoMotes to control different lights. Example:

I have two NanoMotes in the master bedroom.

• The center button #4 on my remote should toggle my nightstand light on and off.

• The center button #4 on my wife’s remote should toggle her nightstand light on and off.

• There is no need to set the living room “Watch TV” Routine on these remotes.

I have a third NanoMote in the Living Room.

• There is no need to control the master bedroom lights with this remote.

• A press of center Button #4 on this remote should activate the “Watch TV” Routine.

• A hold of center Button #4 should turn the living room lights back on bright.

In other words, I want each NanoMote to be separately programmable. They are useless to me if they all have identical functions assigned to the buttons.

0 Likes

(Jimmy) #23

Are you installing button controller from the marketplace for each remote? You should end up with one button controller instance per device in your automation list.

1 Like

Yes, I’m using the Button Controller SmartApp

0 Likes

(Kevin) #25

Like @prjct92eh2 said, you have to install the app 3 times, one for each NanoMote.

0 Likes

Thanks. That worked. I never would have figured that out and don’t recall reading that in documentation anywhere.

Now I have three “Button Controller” SmartApps installed, all with the same name. Too bad you can’t rename the SmartApp – I have to click into each one to see which NanoMote it is controlling. Now that they are all set up, it isn’t a big deal. Just a slight complication to maintenance ce down the road.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

(elsupermang) #28

I used this device handler but used Webcore to program the remote instead. Seems to work more reliably than ABC and much more customization. I was able to create custom commands for a z-wave shutter controller and send these through WebCore when a button is pushed on the remote. Thanks alot!

0 Likes