[OBSOLETE] Aeotec Doorbell 6

That “Type” field can be changed for every device…

Did you install and publish the new version of the handler?

You should have changed it to “Aeotec Doorbell 6” which will be near the bottom of the list, assuming you installed and published.

Ooops I wasn’t aware of the new version of your DH, I works perfect now. Thanks for your effort Kev.
//Torben

Kevin,
my Siren 6 shows up in the Simple Device Viewer under the"Which Alarms" section but not under the batteries (no option to select it). the HUB which is also plunged in and has batteries does show up under the batteries section. any reason the Siren 6 shouldn’t show up in the batteries section?
Thanks

Siren 6 doesn’t report it’s battery level.

FYI, when choosing devices in the Simple Device Viewer SmartApp you should only select each device once and except for Lights, it doesn’t matter which field you use to select the device. Selecting a device more than once won’t break anything, but it’s not necessary and creates a little extra work for the SmartApp.

Hi very much a newbie and non tech person. I have installed the Doorbell 6 device handler and the button handler, but no matter what setting I choose in SmartThings Classic, when the doorbell is pressed it is maximum volume and the First sound. Any idea what I’m doing wrong? Thanks
Pete

Are you making those changes in the button device? If you turn the button on in the classic app, does it play the same sound as when you push the physical button?

I was making changes in the doorbell section of the SmartThings classic app. I have just solved the issue by editing the volume within the button section of My locations, works perfectly now. Thanks for the reply

1 Like

is it possible to use the button without the siren? can i pair only the button with smartthings, as a switch, and use it to trigger something else?

No and Yes.

The button can’t communicate directly with ST so you need to keep the Doorbell/Siren plugged in, but when you pair the device it creates a siren/chime device and a button device.

You can use the button device in smartapps as a button or switch to trigger automations and if you set the button’s volume to 0 it won’t make noise when the button is pushed.

Hi I have muy doorbell and Buttom paired and working but i cant seem yo get a pistón set in webcore i want It to send me an sms when the Buttom is pushed. Can anyone help me?

Hi it was all going so well, by changing the siren’s preferences in IDE I managed to set the chime volume to a perfect level, however after forgetting to disarm SHM this morning the alarm triggered and the siren volume is puny, I have the siren volume at 100 any thoughts? The siren is definitely capable of louder volumes so I’m guessing it’s a settings issue.

You need to select the button device in webcore as either a switch or a button and use button #1 pushed or switch on as the trigger.

If you tap the siren button in the mobile app and it plays at the correct volume then the setting was saved as expected.

Are you using it as an alarm in SHM or an audio device? If you’re using it as an audio device, open live logging and trigger it again to see if ST is passing in a default volume level because that would override the level in the settings.

Hi in new app In SHM it is set up as siren with no audio devices (none selected) sorry I’m not sure what you mean by Live logging, in IDE? Nothing there but waiting for events

Is this what you meant by Live logging? It all seems to work as expected except for the siren volume. I have tried in IDE 100, 99, 1000 all give the same volume which is less than the chime volume.

You can’t change the settings through the IDE because they’re enums so you have to use the classic mobile app to change them.

It seems to work for the chime volume. Where abouts in the classic app? In Aeotec siren I have (in right now section) play sound with a slider to change the tone but no obvious volume control.

Your the first to report the problem and the only one I know of changing the settings through the IDE so that’s most likely the issue, but if changing the settings in the classic app doesn’t solve the problem I’ll look into it further.

You can install the Classic SmartThings Mobile the same way you installed the regular mobile app.

Once you’re in that app, open the device, and click settings icon in the top right corner and you should see all the settings.

Hi yes I worked out where the volume setting was in classic app just as your reply arrived thanks. Siren volume 100% but still puny.

Open Live logging in the IDE, change the volume to something like 95, tap save, wait about 15 seconds, and then post a screenshot of the logging results.