[OBSOLETE] Aeotec Doorbell 6

According to the events log, resetting the Doorbell Siren 6 did finally complete the zwave exclusion. I reset the hub too, afterwards, and have successfully re-adopted the device.

Now I think this time, it has been automatically installed with your device handler, since when clicking on “Type” in the Groovy IDE it opened up the list with the bottom-but-one “Aeotec Doorbell 6” selected. The bottom one is “Aeotec Doorbell 6 Button” (I wish I’d given my published copy of your DTH a different name from the ST default Aeotec Doorbell 6!)

This time I only have one child device - the button. The sound it makes when I select “siren” is nice quiet basic siren sound. I’d be happy to keep it like this if only I didn’t need it to work Local. Anyway I think now I am at a baseline where I can start to work through your suggestions for the programming…

Now I can’t get it to make a sound at all other than via the button (turning button on via the app). No other child devices listed. Even when they were listed previously none of them made a sound when triggered via the app (all gave “network error” and were not offered as device options in SmartLighting app or native automations. The main device is now saying “network error” too in the app. Maybe it’s too far from the hub… I wonder if I can simply keep this thing in a padded box and put up with its standard sound?

I have a feeling this device is more complex than I need for the purpose. I am going to try a different approach with a little piezo buzzer fed via a zigbee smartplug. The buzzer can be kept in a attractive padded box if it’s too loud since it will only be turned on briefly once in a blue moon and so won’t have heat that needs to dissipate.

You were supposed to remove my handler before joining the device so that the built-in handler gets assigned during inclusion and creates all the child devices.

Let’s continue this conversation through PM and once it’s working we can post an update here to explain what worked…

Sorry, there were so many different things to do I must have lost sight of that part :frowning: Ok see you in PM… after I have deleted it again and started over!

Hi everybody, how can I send a push notification to mobiles when Door Bell button is pushed?. THANKS !

I just used IFTTT for that …

@krlaframboise I just wanted to thank you for making this device handler. I managed to set it up, despite being a complete newbie in the ST-universe. I’m gonna think of what I am going to do with the whole setup :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Ups… Seems Aeotec does not have a link with IFTTT =(

But you don’t need IFTTT, it’s included in ST?

I have one like this:
If
Button is pressed
Then
Send notification to members,
run scenes and
play custom message on my Sonos

Thanks my friend! … I cannot find the way to set “Play custom message” command, there is no action like that in my New App, if I pick up the siren device the only choice is turn it on, I bet it will trigger default on in the DTH that is a siren, not a chime I would like to set

You need to have Sonos speakers for it to be able to play a custom message.
The Siren is just a siren.

1 Like

That’s not correct, the Aeotec Doorbell/Siren 6 is a siren that can also play the 30 chime sounds that comes with it.

You need to use the SmartApp Speaker Companion and specify the sound # as the custom message you want to play. The first post of this topic has a link to Aeotec Documentation that has detailed instructions explaining how to do that.

1 Like

Sorry, I meant it’s not a speaker…
You can’t get it to play custom messages like a Sonos speaker

Thanks! my friend, I am understanding if you add a Sonos device then the action will be opened for the user, I have used Speaker Companion to set the siren, its Smart App asks for a “Custom Message” and user can set as 30 different sounds to make the siren chime (for example “when front door opens play sound #5”) and works fine, so the siren could work as a siren or as a home bell, I have programmed it with different chimes for different doors when open, when arm/disarm the alarm, when mom/dad is arriving to home, etc. I am wondering since my New App does not have Speaker Companion App anymore (maybe because regional stuff crap…) there is another Smart App to do similar function …

Hi Kevin, I have installed months ago your great DTH for Aeotec 6 siren, and have used Speaker Companion App (in Classic App) to program different chimes on it and its working great!.. My problem now is that in my ST New App there is no more a Speaker Companion App anymore, I have no found why is that, I cannot find ADT brand to add ADT/ST devices also, I am guessing about regional limitation crap, ST support have been useless at all, they do not know what Im talking about, so thats why Im trying to find out how I get the Speaker Companion app in my New App or a substitution, since I can see the New App displays the child smart apps ones and thinking about next shutdown of Classic App I have programmed 2 dummy childs Smart Apps from Speaker companion tu use in the future, I hope they can be set and work when I need another chimes and Classic App will be out of the field…

I’ve only heard one other person mention that Speaker Companion wasn’t in the new mobile app, but they later posted that they found it so when you go into SmartApps and click the “+”, are you sure it’s not in that list?

Hi my friend, Im sure of it, display just jumps from previous Smart App to the next one, missing the SC App, @nathancu, has confirmed its about regional lock policy I do not understand, ADT brand is not displayed neither to add devices, I will keep 3 dummy childs I made to use them in the future if needed, hoping It works …

Can you post a screenshot? I’m just curious to see which ones are listed there…

Sure, I have just a few options, then the personalized ones, no Speaker Companion one (in Spanish in Classic App “Asistente de Altavoces”)…

I guess you’ll have to use it like a dimmer to play the chimes.

I believe most of the built-in apps that deal with dimmers limit the levels to 10%, 20%, etc. so to get around that issue you could map those levels to different sound numbers by replacing the setLevel function on lines 561-563 with:

def setLevel(level, duration=null) {
	switch(level) {
		case 10:
			level = 3
			break
		case 20:
			level = 12
			break
		case 30:
			level = 18
			break
	}
	playSound(level)
}

I didn’t implement case 40-100, but that should be pretty straightforward and the 3, 12, 18 are just examples of how you can make it play those sound #s when the level is set to 10, 20, and 30.

It’s not ideal, but at least you’ll be able to play whichever 10 chimes you want with the built-in SmartApps.

Another option is to look into the SmartApp WebCoRE because that app is a powerful rule builder that exposes the custom commands built into the handler.