[OBSOLETE] Aeon WallMote Dual & Quad - 2 & 4 Button

If you read up in the thread several posts up you will find two solutions.

Question, in webcore Iā€™m seeing 32 buttons available to assign on my Quad? 1 to 4 work as intended what are the remaining for??

Hi!
Is there anyone else facing the same issue?
I use the smartthings app v3 and no matter what device handler I try (either the native one or the one from erocm1231), I have the following choices:
single, double, hold press for buttons 1,2,4
but single, hold press for button 3
Also, no button 5
This drives me crazy!
How can that be? I consider sticking with the new app, so the classic app is out of the question.
Please, help!

Correct - these are the right values for the association group. For detailed write up on the association group and how to take advantage of this config set - read the instruction on Aeotec support website: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000162573-using-wallmote-quad-with-smartthings-hub-

Hi there, when using your device handler I cant seem to get the slide functions working? Running a V3 hub. But when I enable ā€œbutton slideā€ the option never seems to show up?

You enable the slide function in preferences and then save preferences.

You have to wake up the device for the association to be made.

After that the slide is parsed into a new button event.

@erocm1231 I am considering getting this to use with Smart Home Monitor to Arm and Disarm security. Is it possible to have a motion sensor wake up the Wallmote to show what color it is set to (e.g., red for armed, green for disarmed)? I saw above in the thread that setting color has caused some issues in the past. Any success stories on using color with the Wallmote?

The device is sleeping and only wakes up occasionally so you canā€™t really send commands to wake it on demand.

I recently got the Aeotec WallMote Quad and tried erocm123ā€™s device handler. Unfortunately, when I assign the device handler to the WallMote and try executing a command using Smart Lighting, nothing happens with my light!

The button push is showing in the WallMote activity history, so I know thatā€™s registering. The other strange thing is that the settings I am setting on the WallMote via the device handler are being synced (I turned off beep and turned on vibration).

My WallMoteā€™s firmware is 2.3 ā€“ not sure if this is relevant or not.

Any help would be appreciated!

Does the light turn on/off if you push the same button a second time?

No it doesnā€™t. Nothing happens even after pressing multiple times.

I noticed that behavior when using the standard ST device handler, though (seemed like it wasnā€™t syncing state properly).

So it worked somewhat with Smart Lighting with the default handler but not Ericā€™s? Classic app, right?

Iā€™d try it with the button controller or webCore to see if that makes a difference.

Yes, thatā€™s correct! Iā€™ll give it a shot with the button controller and see if that has different results. Iā€™ll let ya know! Thanks for the suggestion.

Forgive me if this has been answeredā€¦ I have read this thread top to bottom, and canā€™t find a solution to my problemā€¦

I have just set this up with this device handler, but I canā€™t get it working.

Iā€™m pretty sure I set the device handler up ok. The settings (in app) on the device update to include colour/swipe etc, and they appear to work.

The colour changes, I can turn off the beeping etc. And when I look in IDE I can see that button 5 (swipe) is being registered in the device events.

However - nothing seems to work in the app. I donā€™t have a button 5 in the app.
And I canā€™t set up any actions with the remote - either pressed or held, for any button.

(I have refreshed with the 3 second button).

In the app, the device history shows ā€œButton Pushedā€. Should it show a specific number?
The device log on IDE does show Displayed Text as Button 1 was pushed (or 2, 3, 4, 5 etc).

I have removed the device and re-added. I added as a standard Aeotec Remote Control then changed the DH in IDE. Should I have added as a generic device?

What have I done wrong, or am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance

This device handler stops the normal information being sent to HomeAssistant from the Hub.

Usually I would get this with the correct component_id:
ā€œevent_typeā€: ā€œsmartthings.buttonā€,
ā€œdataā€: {
ā€œcomponent_idā€: ā€œbutton1ā€,
ā€œdevice_idā€: ā€œ9b0e0155-a9e8-4887-ab4f-80c578dc3937ā€,
ā€œlocation_idā€: ā€œ3c2f5ce0-b0ed-460b-9917-c2095923a996ā€,
ā€œvalueā€: ā€œpushedā€,
ā€œnameā€: ā€œLR Aeotec Remoteā€,
ā€œdataā€: {}

Now I only get the following, which is missing the component_id:
ā€œevent_typeā€: ā€œsmartthings.buttonā€,
ā€œdataā€: {
ā€œcomponent_idā€: ā€œmainā€,
ā€œdevice_idā€: ā€œ9b0e0155-a9e8-4887-ab4f-80c578dc3937ā€,
ā€œlocation_idā€: ā€œ3c2f5ce0-b0ed-460b-9917-c2095923a996ā€,
ā€œvalueā€: ā€œpushedā€,
ā€œnameā€: ā€œLR Aeotec Remoteā€,
ā€œdataā€: {}

Is there anyway I can view the original device handler from ST so I can make the modifications to the handler so it still returns the component id?

Once it returns ā€œcomponent_idā€: ā€œbutton5ā€, you can return 8 different ā€œvaluesā€, for example 1->2 would be 12.
1->3 = 13
2->1 = 12
etc.

Any assistance greatly appreciated here, been working on this for about 6 hours now non stop, brain is fried.

Button 5 is how the ā€œSwipeā€ function shows up.

I have mine set up as an Aeon Wallmote, with the configuration set to quad. (Using the Classic app.) Given that you are seeing button presses, you are probably set up correctly.

I am able to see all four buttons in the Smart Lighting app. If you want to use the buttons for something other than lighting, you may need to install the Button Controller smart app (again through the Classic app.)

I migrated over to the new Smartthings app this morning and my Wallmote is not functioning properly. When trying to make changes to any smart lighting application involving the Wallmote I get an error saying to re-download the app.

Any recommendations?

Is there an error in the IDE log?

You might want to try to clear cache and data of the app on your phone to see if that makes a difference.

Iā€™m getting the same error after migrating to the new app. I had previously been using a device handler so I tried deleting it and adding the Wallmote Quad using the native support. Unfortunately the device gets recognized and added as a single button device, which still doesnā€™t work with a simple test automation.