[OBSOLETE] Aeon Multisensor 6 (Advanced)

I have now installed the latest DTH. And it now reports every 5 minutes. It’s also synced and have reported firmware version (1.7 eu)

However, I have selective reporting enabled but it does not take the values in to consideration.

Yep same here - still got the parameter 41 loop

FYI parameter 40 does work, just not 41

@cscheiene Great, progress. So if the handler is saying the parameters are in sync then they are set according to what the documentation specifies. Is there a particular measurement that it seems it isn’t working on (i.e. temperature) or all of them.

One thing that I need to clear up with Aeon, is if the threshold is from the last report, or from the last time it is woken up. Big difference here as this would explain why thresholds look like they are not working. Here would be a temperature example with the threshold set at 1.0F:

• Sensor wakes and reports a temperature of 90F
  • On next wake up the temperature measured by the sensor is 90.9F so no report is generated (90.9F - 90F = 0.9F).
  • On the next wake up the temperature measured is 89.8F and a report is generated because it has reached the threshold from the last time it woke up (90.9F - 89.8F = 1.1F).

So, in SmartThings the two temperature reported show 90F & 89.8F. Based on a threshold of 1.0F, it certainly looks like the threshold setting has been ignored. Does that make sense? This seems like how the threshold may work which would not be good as theoretically, you could have the temperature increase 20 degrees and never have it report if it is in steps smaller than the threshold. I will reach out to Aeon regarding this.

@AdamV One thing you have to do since the firmware string was not in place before you updated the handler, is you need to go into the device preferences and click “done”. That’s it. This will tell the handler to go out and grab the firmware version again. When it is done, it should say 1.07EU in the device page. I have made a small change to the handler so that it property logs what the parameter should be and what it returns. So, if you are still having problems after you follow the steps above, can you report what the log says it is setting parameter 41 to and then what the device is saying it is set to?

I set the temp threshold to 50 in the config. But it reports every 5 min with 0.1 deg change
Luminance is set to 500. Reports if it changes by 1 lux
Humidity set to 5. Reports if there is 1% change

I’m sure you have probably already verified that selective reporting is enabled?

All parameters are set according to the documentation provided by Aeon. I will shoot them a message to see what they say.

Yes I have. I might try a reset and remove/reinstall it when I have the time

You are correct re: the “done” setting. Thank you!!

BTW does the device not report for itself whether it is USB / battery powered? I think the official device handler is able to recognise what is powering the device without asking for user input.

Regarding secure inclusion. This device handler seems to work for devices that are already included securely. However If I add a new Multisensor 6, even if I do the double tap to include securely - it will include insecurely if this device handler is enabled… any idea why? or are you not experiencing this?

@AdamV Only firmware 1.07 & 1.08 support querying the device to see if it is battery powered or usb powered. I really wanted to auto detect, but because I believe there are a lot of people running 1.06, I decided to have it a selectable option. I will perhaps change that if I can think of a workaround that will work for all firmware versions.

I have included a lot of sensors with this firmware and have had no problem including secure with a double tap. I have had a problem doing a Z-Wave “Replace” as a secure device, but haven’t looked into it very much as I figured it was a platform problem. I will look into it a little further, but haven’t had any problems just doing a regular secure include.

OK - I’m pretty sure that the standard DH was able to determine whether my sensors were running on USB even when they were on 1.06.

I’ll do some more digging as well re: secure and see if I can find out what is going on.

Either way this is now my favourite of all the Aeon Multisensor DH’s

@erocm1231 - Thanks for all the hard work, so far this is working fairly well and the quirks I am seeing I am going to chalk up to FW 1.06. (Temp values appear to lack accuracy) Ordering a zwave stick this week so I can update the FW.

One question, have you thought about changing your repository name on github so that we can easily update when you make code changes back into STs without having to copy/paste?

You should be able to add my repository already:

I know it is super confusing because so many people have repositories named SmartThingsPublic, but I keep holding out hope that SmartThings will just put the github userid next to the repository name in the drop down list. Seriously, how hard would it be for them to do that? Probably just a few minutes, but I guess they have other priorities. I have been too busy to change the name of my repository. One thing to do is to keep a list of which is which on a post it note or something. I know that isn’t ideal, but it is at least a work around until something changes.

Where do you find the 1.08 firmware? Aeon website only lists 1.07.

V1.08 was buggy, so they removed it.

@erocm1231 - I totally agree with you for some reason I thought you could not add two repos with the same name, but worked like a charm.

While it does work, it becomes a nightmare trying to update from the right one… they look the same in the menu :slight_smile:

I have been looking high and low for a document on how to upgrade my M6s to the 1.07 firmware. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Oh and I need to know if there is a way to do this via a USB cable as I do not have the Z-Stick.

Thanks

I don’t think you can without the stick.

Yep, currently you have to use the Z-Stick. They are only OTA upgradable.

According to Aeotec a z-stick or HomeSeer SmartStick+ should work, some reviewers claims that Smartstick+ is less expensive and have few extra features.

Instructions:
https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000036562-multisensor-6-firmware-update-6-17-2016-

1 Like