SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Aeon Multisensor 6 (Advanced)

dth_sensors

(Earl Stinnie) #364

Hello all, I was wondering if there is a way to remove the decimal places in Temperature?

(Nigel Williams) #365

Happy New Year everyone

I have a Z-Wave Aeon Multisensor 6 Gen5 sensor working well to detect motion as well as illuminance ; temperature less significant. I have adopted @erocm123 s excellent Aeon Multisensor 6 (Advanced) dth to get it working well. However I am currently attempting to Localise where possible, and utilising Smart Lighting.

Can anyone help and/or guide me to get this device Local and reporting Motion and illuminance please?

(Eric M) #366

To get it to run locally you need to switch over to a SmartThings device handler that has been included in their hub firmware. I think they have an Aeon Multisensor 6 handler published by SmartThings so you can try that one.

(Dave) #367

Unfortunately the ST device handler can’t be made to update more frequently than every 8 minutes. This is why I use Eric’s DTH (I get updates of illuminance very 1 minute).

Eric (@erocm1231), where do I find your DTH for the new Samsung app? Is it now proven?

(Eric M) #368

I’ve been able to get it working in the new app. There is an update in Github so you need to make sure you have the latest version of the handler installed. Also, I had to do this:

“Also, you may have to click on the gear icon in the classic app and then hit “save” once the new handler is installed. Then force close the new app and reopen it.”

(Dave) #369

Thanks Eric. Will the modified DTH also display/behave properly in Classic, or does the updated code prevent that option?

I still prefer Classic, but am preparing for the inevitable…

Update: searched Github, but cannot find your latest DTH

(Eric M) #370

It is in the first post and it won’t cause any problems with the classic app.