[OBSOLETE] Aeon Multisensor 6 (Advanced)

Sorry to bug you, but have a question on possibility to modify device handler to display temperature and humidity in the same icon. Given that new SmartThings app provides “favorites” it would be great to display multiple data points in the icon. I know that the modification needs to be made in the code below, but have no idea how to do it.

Can it be done? Basically instead of the motion icon display another data element or maybe on the same line as temperature have another delimited value (e.g. humidity)

Thanks.

Norm.

tiles (scale: 2) {

multiAttributeTile(name:"main", type:"generic", width:6, height:4) {

tileAttribute("device.temperature", key: "PRIMARY_CONTROL") {

attributeState "temperature",label:'${currentValue}°', icon:"st.motion.motion.inactive", backgroundColors:[

[value: 31, color: "#153591"],

[value: 44, color: "#1e9cbb"],

[value: 59, color: "#90d2a7"],

[value: 74, color: "#44b621"],

[value: 84, color: "#f1d801"],

[value: 95, color: "#d04e00"],

[value: 96, color: "#bc2323"]

]

1 Like

I’ve installed this DTH and it appears to be working with everything except for motion with two sensors I have. Not really sure where to start here. Have reset the devices a number of times and no luck. Any ideas what I can do to fox this?

I believe it will report after it has depleted 5% or more since the last battery report. So if the last report was 88% and then you change to the selective reporting, it will report ~ 83%, 78%, 73%, etc. This is assuming it only goes down 1% at a time, which may not happen. If you discover different behavior, let us know.

@Phil_Pugh Another user reported that he had to exchange his two sensors to get that working. Hopefully you didn’t get the two that he sent back. :slight_smile: So, if you have verified that the motion sensor setting isn’t disabled in the preferences, that may be the case.

Are you in the UK? Buy from amazon warehouse by any chance?

After being pared for a few hours the motion then started to work! Very odd but it is now working.

Hi,

I also recently tried setting up favourites on the aeon Multisensor. But similar I noticed that it shows a coloured motion icon with the actual temperature shown. However, I understand that the colour is based on the temperature I.e. Lighter indicating warmer temp and darker for cooler temp. However, it already shows the actual temperature.

Just wondering if it would be possible to integrate the motion element to the icon I.e motion detected?
Perhaps colouring the arrow icons for motion and white for no motion?
As it stands one has to drill into the Multisensor to see if motion is dectected. Would be nice to see this at high level view under favourites.

Can we link to the GitHub repository for updates with this? I tried to add a new repo with Owner:erocm123, Name:Aeon Multisensor 6 (Advanced), and Branch:master but it would not work. Am I doing something wrong or it’s not setup for GitHub integration for your device handler?

Hello sonnaps

This is how i have mine set up for repo integration.
Owner: erocm123
Name: SmartThingsPublic
Branch: master

Good Luck

2 Likes

Hi @erocm1231: I may have missed the announcement (tried to find it by searching the thread), but did the DTH code get updated? Just trying to figure out if I’m crazy. Thanks!

P.S. Here’s the diff my IDE flagged:

fingerprint mfr:"0086", prod:"0102", model:"0064", deviceJoinName: "Aeon MultiSensor 6"

Yeah, just the fingerprint has been updated. It is used during inclusion to determine which device it is and matches it to the appropriate device handler.

Stupid question #42: How to install device with your DH code?

I have your Device Handler “published” in my “graph.api.smartthings.com” account. I then paired the Multisensor to the smartthings hub, but it seems to be using a default DH. Looks nothing like your displays. Do I have to keep unpairing and pairing the Aeon 6 until your DH is used?

Thanks
Randy

Hi @Biff57 ,

On the “My Devices” page find the Multisensor, and edit it, you can then change the Device Handler to be the one you want.

Nigel

Thanks Nigel!!!

Was missing that important step.

Glad to help @Biff57 I still make that mistake once in a while (and I’ve been doing this for a whole 2 months now :sunglasses:)

Nigel

Thanks! Worked perfect. I’m just going to get a little confused since my personal repo is named the same thing… oh well, I’ll make a note of it.

I’ve been having a weird issue for the past couple of days with my sensor in the attic. If the temp in the attic reaches a very high temperature, about 125 degrees Fahrenheit, I get a push notification that my battery is a 1% or 0%. I don’t think it is, though. I’ve only had this setup for about a week so the battery can’t be dead already. Also, after it cools down up there the sensor reports fine after a while. The battery is constantly showing 100% during normal operation, though, also. That can’t be right either. I would think it would be in the 80 or 90 % range by now. I do have it setup in battery mode through the configuration. Anyone else having these issues?

Using this DTH and have a couple questions.

I have set the report interval to 15 minutes. What I am mainly interested in is the LUX value. But it seems to be very slow in changing. Right now it is about 7:30 am, bright sunlight outside, but the lux still says 6 which is what it went to last evening. How long does it take the sensor to see a change?

The sensor is mounted outside.

Also on the app it shows the firmware as v1160. That doesn’t sound correct.

@sonnaps I’ve never seen that happen, but I don’t think I have ever gotten one that hot. The manual says the operating temperature is up to 104 Fahrenheit so maybe it just can’t handle the heat.

@Jwwhite Well, it should update every 15 minutes if the config changes have been applied to the sensor. As far as the firmware, can you go into the IDE for the device and post the firmware that is reported in the raw description? Also, what region are you in?

Okie doke, I thought it might be just the extreme temp. I think their website says it can handle in the 120 deg range. What about the fact that this sensor has been running at least for a couple of weeks and it’s still showing 100% battery? I would think it would go down in the 90 something % range by now.

The manual states that it can measure up to 122, but the operating temp is up to 104. Kind of weird but that is what it says:

The batteries in these can last several months so I’m not surprised it still is reporting 100%. When it does go down, it will probably be in a step greater than 1 though. So it may drop down to 90% when it does finally go down.