[OBSOLETE] Aeon Labs Multifunction Siren

Really like the beep function to use it WIth outdoor PIR and scare off burglars at night without setting Alarm an not disturbing sleep.

This topic is for the Aeon Labs Siren.

Are you having problems with that device or the GoControl Siren because the GoControl siren has a completely different handler and will not work with this one.

Hi Understand my mistake

I am having the same problem with both. Aeon Siren and Vision (Exactly the same). Had to switch to the stock DTH for the Vision and Aeon.

Same problem after the firmware update. Nothing works with the custom DTH but works perfectly with the stock DTH.

Please enable logging in the settings and turn it on and post the live logging data.

I just released version 1.10 so let me know if it fixes the problem for the Aeon Siren.

@nychan @Ken_Moir

1 Like

working for me. Many thanks. Any chance we can get the same for GoControlmultifunction for the vision?

Many thanks again

Glad to hear it’s working again, I’ll be releasing an update for the Vision/GoControl siren later today.

Using this DH and a DH for WallMote (or even without or any remote), I am having a tough time trying to get my ST set up so when SHM Arms Away, Stay/Home , Unarm this Aeon Siren will play the quick beep? Obviously this can occur via presence, or using the app, WallMote or anything else.

Ultimately I just want traditional sound feedback via the siren beep (beep 4,5, or 6) when armed and unarmed. (I already get it to the android phones).

So far so good getting this as a great security system without paying monthly fees and having much more control. Just needs additional rigging to get it to do the most basic of features a traditional security system has as default.

Thanks for the help as usual!

I’m assuming the WallMote has a button pushed events so you should be able to use the SmartApp Speaker Companion.

• Use the “Play a notification” option.
  • Choose “Custom Message”
  • Enter custombeep4 into the “Play this message” field.
  • Select the siren as the speaker.
  • Use the when button pressed option

It is working fine now thanks a lot, curious to know why it is regional specific

Thank you so much Kevin.

I at least got it to sound with any button push, bit cannot set as a button held… The Wallmote has 4 buttons, but can’t seem to set different sounds for each of the 4 buttons. I’ll keep at it. Thank you for creating this and the help and mention of Speaker Companion to get this going.

Many thanks. Just letting you know that I tested the new DTH for GoControlmultifunction and it’s working perfect.

Thanks Again.

1 Like

The button feature in Speaker Companion is a lot more limited than I thought, but you can play different beeps if you use “System Changes Mode” instead of “Button Pressed”.

You should be able to use the Button Controller SmartApp with the Wallmote to change the status of SHM and the Mode.

Thank you Kevin. I just stumbled across that and going to try that option…as yes, Speaker Companion is a little limited for this, but at least I can get it to do something rather than nothing.

Thank you!

If all else fails you can use the Community Created SmartApps CoRE or WebCoRE. There’s a bit of a learning curve, but they’ll both allow you to setup pretty much any automation imaginable.

Are you using the European version of those devices?

I love this community, and thanks for the great work on the sire. Do you have any samples available on how to set this up in rule machine. actually very basic meaning x seconds beeping before arming. And x seconds beeping when front door is openend before alarm is triggered. Any pointers would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

Rule Machine is obsolete so you should use CoRE instead. The post below explains how to set it up in Smart Home Monitor and it also mentions Rule Machine, but the setup is similar in CoRE.

Thank you so much, I’ll will try this and I’ve made a type I’m already using WebCore, so based on this I can port this over, and share the pistons once it is done.!

2 Likes

Hey Kevin,

First off thanks for creating this DH - kudos! Got everything up and running and within SMH doing a beep on doors open/close as well as siren for alarm. My only question is that the custom beeps sound very similar to me (1 - 3) sound nearly identical and 4 - 6 have slightly different patterns with the same style of beep tone. Is it at all possible to actually change the tone/sound of the beep or it the hardware limiting this? Thanks again for creating a great piece of code.