Aeon Labs Aeotec Multifunction Doorbell

This is my older device handler which at some point I’ll probably stop supporting.

The Aeotec Doorbell is my other device handler for this product and it uses switch on to indicate that the doorbell was pressed. If you switch to that device handler it should work as expected with IFTTT.

To switch to the other device handler, install it as a new device handler, open the device setting in the IDE, and change the type to the new device handler.

Once you’ve done that, open the device through the SmartApp going into the preferences/settings section and save.

You will see a bunch of values in the settings screen which are left over from the other device handler. If you delete the contents of those fields they won’t show up again the next time you open the settings.

The Aeotec Doorbell uses sliders to configure the volume and tracks, but SmartThings keeps breaking the sliders and general UI features. Depending on if you’re using iOS or Android and the version of it you’re on, you may notice that the sliders don’t represent the actual value of the setting or you change the slider and the value shown next to it doesn’t change, but re-opening the device will update that value.

I keep hoping ST will fix these problems because they weren’t there when I created this device handler, but the Android update they released last week made the problem worse.

Let me know if you run into any problems with the other device handler.