[OBSOLETE] Aeon Labs Aeotec Doorbell

[quote=“Luvien, post:17, topic:39166”]
I can select the doorbell as a speech device. But when I do this, I don’t hear any sound using TTS.
[/quote] The device handler in the first post of this topic doesn’t support the Speech or Music Player capabilities.

I wanted to get a DH for this doorbell published, but since I’m unable to fully implement those capabilities with this device, ST would have most likely automatically rejected my submission which is why I have 2 versions.

My other device handler, the Aeon Labs Multifunction Doorbell supports the Speech capability, but it can’t be used as a true speech device.

The Aeon Labs Doorbell allows you to store up to 100, 20 Second mp3 files and all the Speech capability allows you to do is specify a track number to play. If the message is anything other than a number between 1-100, the speech command will be ignored.

There are some free online websites that allow you to generate speech based mp3 files so that’s what a lot of people are doing with these Device Handlers.

In order to use the custom commands in the DH listed in the first post of this topic, you need to use an app that supports custom commands, like Rule Machine. If you want to be able to play track numbers using the Speech or Music Player capabilities, you need to use the other device handler I mentioned.