[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

Our cloud provider has been suddenly been reporting as many as 2 or 3 outages per day of 5 to 10 minutes each, but not affecting all nodes.

There is no outage listed at the time of your post, @Nezmo; but we’re keeping notes of even random small reports in case a pattern shows up that we can escalate. Our own logs also being analyzed.

At this time, we don’t have any indication that ActionTiles is being frequently affected, so this is not in the realm of “serious” at all.

1 Like

What’s your internet connection like?

Please email Support@ActionTiles.com if you would to collect further data for your specific situation (This has not been widely reported). Please include as much detail as possible… hardware, OS, browser, frequency of the problem, any steps you do before or after, etc.; i.e., all the basic things that are important for diagnostics.

Thank-you!

Certainly today was the only time it has been more than just slow to load. By the latter I mean it would hesitate for a few seconds then refresh - nothing I would consider a real issue. When I reported earlier it hung on the refresh icon for about a minute then went to a blank screen. I refreshed the browser and it returned all my tiles but with '?" on each then another refresh got a blank screen again. After a few minutes all was well. I can’t tell when it started though.

Just though I’d give a little more detail.

3 Likes

We have confirmation from our infrastructure vendor of “connectivity issues”. They say 1430h to 1520h PDT, but your observation was earlier. Still, it’s likely the same problem.

This is a situation in which I would have updated https://status.ActionTiles.com … (1) if it were ready, and (2) if we were actually able to confirm the issue before it was fixed! :grimacing:

1 Like

Is there a limit on number of Blue Iris streams? I tried to put about 6 or 7 tiles but can only get 3 or 4 to load. The rest are blank…

1 Like

There’s a confirmed bug with Chrome that only allows to load up to 6 video streams from the same server/IP. For a number of reasons, the limit of 6 gets used up even with fewer than 6 Tiles that display Blue Iris streams. We have a workaround in the pipeline to remedy this.

For now, the only workaround is to use a different browser.

Testing out the new ActionTiles. Like the functionality so far.

So what is the best method to report issues / interact with you gents on support?

Here is my issue in brief:

Sharing a panel with two simple routine tiles.
I have it set to interactive mode for secondary user.
Using this panel with the primary account, click the routine tile - the routine executes.
Using this panel with the secondary account, click the routine tile - nothing executes.

Use the support forum.

http://support.actiontiles.com/forums/12-actiontiles-forum/

2 Likes

Welcome JH!

Thanks for providing the link @diehllane

The root link starts you off at our Knowledge Base, but we recommend our Support & Ideas Forum as the next step when the KB doesn’t have an answer…

Starting point…
http://support.actiontiles.com

1 Like

Thanks.

Posted issue at link. Unsure if it is bug or I am doing something wrong.

1 Like

Before your recent update to the ActionTiles website, and after spending money on two tablets in anticipation, I was rather dismayed when it wouldn’t work with android 5.1.1 and android 4.4.4 using Fully Kiosk Browser, and three other kiosk browsers, speaking with Alexey he said it can only be the ActionTiles website not strictly following Android guidelines, anyway whatever you did in the last update fixed it, so apart from nearly getting a heart attack (which I thought are what beta testers are for), please don’t break that update in the future.
The only thing I would add would be to change the tile colour when they are on, so you don’t have to look real close at the panel to check what’s going on. The default panel, for me, is the only sensible option, the others are messy, for extreme tastes. I would put OS compatibility versions on your site now so people will know exactly what works with the ActionTiles website. I’m happy everything is working now like I expected.

Probably asking in wrong place but anyone else having problems none of my switches have worked for hours get error message saying response delayed

Things seems okay at my casa.

I had that last night for an hour or so, I’m hoping it was a temporary local internet issue. Today it’s been back to normal.

What do “Android guidelines” have to do with a web page?

I had 3 out of 3 Droids have not working switches, but power monitors were current. Did a reload (via the AT settings not a page reload) and they all worked.

Still not working been 4 hours at least have tried reloading

@tgauchat Any ideas?

Is there a way to disable the shortcut to the settings in the bottom right hand corner? Would prefer if this was mounted on the wall that no one had access to go in and make any changes to the set up.

1 Like

That’s an existing feature request; though it helps if a Customers posts it in the AT Support & Ideas forum directly, please: